Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853037 times)

Offline Carana

Whenever a client came to the reception to report a burglary, we always called the GNR immediately. Never did we say to the client that it was not worth getting the police involved. I cannot imagine any other resort ignoring the client's complaint.

As for Mrs.Fenn's incident, all we know is that her niece mentioned it. Whether it was true or not, we don't know.

It's not clear whether she reported it to the GNR, but the PJ were aware of an attempted burglary:

When questioned she said that she never saw any strange person or action before or after the event. She claims however, that a week previously she was the victim of an attempted robbery, which was not successful and neither was anything taken, thinking that the crying of the child could be linked to another attempted robbery in the residence.
PF statement

Offline pathfinder73

From that statement it sounds as if burglaries were far from rare.  Pity MW didn't give their clients a warning about burglaries at the Welcome meeting.  Things could have been very different.

Why on earth would Mrs. Fenn's niece decide to lie about her aunt being the victim of an attempted burglary?  Please clarify.

Petty burglaries i.e. money or valuables taken to feed their drug habit. Not violent crimes where they beat up occupants they scarper if seen. So why are they going to be scared by a 3 year old child and take her never mind silence her. If anybody heard screaming from that apartment then we can investigate it further or a sign of a break-in - glove marks etc. Burglars are only being investigated because of the raised shutters and open window facing the car park. Anybody watching an unlocked apartment wouldn't need to waste time or risk being caught. In out job done.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pathfinder73

That certainly changed @)(++(*

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Carana

Petty burglaries i.e. money or valuables taken to feed their drug habit. Not violent crimes where they beat up occupants they scarper if seen. So why are they going to be scared by a 3 year old child and take her never mind silence her. If anybody heard screaming from that apartment then we can investigate it further or a sign of a break-in - glove marks etc. Burglars are only being investigated because of the raised shutters and open window facing the car park. Anybody watching an unlocked apartment wouldn't need to waste time or risk being caught. In out job done.

Did the forensic team search for potential glove marks? If so, there's no mention of any. What would they have looked like?

Offline Carana

That certainly changed @)(++(*

Why is the title of that "David Hughes lies about legal costs"? The context would have been about their own defence if ever the case had come to trial.

Offline pathfinder73

Why is the title of that "David Hughes lies about legal costs"? The context would have been about their own defence if ever the case had come to trial.

I know that but I didn't title it. They should be searching instead of paying lawyers.

Offline Eleanor

Topic.  Please.

Offline pegasus

The GFM appeal is now at £31,418.
That is well over the target. And it won't be long before it reaches £40,000 IMO.
And all this despite the UK press being told to not mention the GFM appeal in their current Cyprus diversion stories.
At present most of the Great British Public are unaware of the GFM appeal, just imagine what will happen to the donation rate when they find out?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:02:21 PM by pegasus »

Offline Carana

The GFM appeal is now at £31,418.
That is well over the target. And it won't be long before it reaches £40,000 IMO.
And all this despite the UK press being told to not mention the GFM appeal in their current Cyprus diversion stories.
At present most of the Great British Public are unaware of the GFM appeal, just imagine what will happen to the donation rate when they find out?

What on earth does the latest Amaral-appeal fund have in common with the Cyprus stories?

Offline pegasus

What on earth does the latest Amaral-appeal fund have in common with the Cyprus stories?
The UK press's Anastasia articles all mention the PDL case don't they?.
Therefore the appeal by the original SIO against a legal attack by Brits and funded by hundreds of thousands of pounds is relevant to mention.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 03:20:29 PM by pegasus »

Offline misty

The UK press's Anastasia articles all mention the PDL case don't they?.
Therefore the appeal by the original SIO against a legal attack by Brits and funded by hundreds of thousands of pounds is relevant to mention.

The appeal had the column inches it deserved.
However, the attempted abduction of British children from a holiday resort  should be major headlines. If nothing else, it will serve as a potent reminder for parents to take extra care of their children while holidaying.
One can only speculate as to the level of social media hostility, against the parents of these children, which would have ensued had the kidnappers been successful.

Offline pegasus

The appeal had the column inches it deserved.
However, the attempted abduction of British children from a holiday resort  should be major headlines. If nothing else, it will serve as a potent reminder for parents to take extra care of their children while holidaying.
One can only speculate as to the level of social media hostility, against the parents of these children, which would have ensued had the kidnappers been successful.
I think the people who buy UK papers and watch UK TV would be interested to know about the outstanding success of the GFM appeal. IMO the appeal will be staggeringly popular when the UKMSM are finally allowed to honestly report on it. Brits like an underdog.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:11:10 PM by pegasus »

Offline Jean-Pierre

I think the people who buy UK papers and watch UK TV would be interested to know about the outstanding success of the GFM appeal. IMO the appeal will be staggeringly popular when the UKMSM are finally allowed to honestly report on it. Brits like an underdog.

Good luck with this.  The appeal has been funded by people with an interest in the case. 

"And all this despite the UK press being told to not mention the GFM appeal in their current Cyprus diversion stories" ?  Can we have a cite please?  because you really are talking absolute balderdash, as usual.

I don't think most normal people find Amaral has any appeal whatsoever.   8(0(*

stephen25000

Good luck with this.  The appeal has been funded by people with an interest in the case. 

"And all this despite the UK press being told to not mention the GFM appeal in their current Cyprus diversion stories" ?  Can we have a cite please?  because you really are talking absolute balderdash, as usual.

I don't think most normal people find Amaral has any appeal whatsoever.   8(0(*

Most normal people ?

i.e. mccann supporters ? @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Likewise the vast majority of 'normal people' would not have done what the mccanns did.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 04:36:38 PM by stephen25000 »

ferryman

Has there been independent corroboration that Amaral has been granted leave to appeal?