Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853494 times)

stephen25000

Things were very different when this started...amaral has been totally discredited by now...as have his "troll supporters"...not my words

No he hasn't.

The case remains unresolved and the type of crime unknown.

Offline pegasus

Things were very different when this started...amaral has been totally discredited by now...as have his "troll supporters"...not my words
So why doesn't the individual who started this case against the SIO now drop it?
Answer - because it is very important.
If he loses against Mr Amaral's appeal will you just say oh it was of no importance?

Offline Brietta

So why doesn't the individual who started this case against the SIO now drop it?
If he loses against Mr Amaral's appeal will you just say oh it was of no importance?

Much more sensible for Mr Amaral to accept the judgement of the court I would think.  In that way everyone could get on with their lives ... including him.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Jean-Pierre

What is all this "SIO" business?  Pretentious twaddle. What is wrong with "coordinator".

And why should they drop it now? 

Are you suggesting the McCanns are not entitled to justice? 

Offline pegasus

Much more sensible for Mr Amaral to accept the judgement of the court I would think.  In that way everyone could get on with their lives ... including him.
If Dave1's opinion is correct that Mr Amaral has lost all credibility, then how can the book possibly harm the search?

Offline Mr Gray

If Dave1's opinion is correct that Mr Amaral has lost all credibility, then how can the book possibly harm the search?
that was not the case when the action was taken out...all those years ago things were very different

stephen25000

Much more sensible ?

Put the blame firmly where it lies, for this whole case.

The mccanns exhibiting 'responsible parenting skills'. 8)-)))

Offline Mr Gray

believe what you wish..it is of no importance

ferryman

Because before the court case the book was widely believed (by those who didn't read it critically)

Offline Mr Gray

Much more sensible ?

Put the blame firmly where it lies, for this whole case.

The mccanns exhibiting 'responsible parenting skills'. 8)-)))

The mccanns parenting was the same as the rest of the tapas...how is it nothing happened to their children

Offline Benice

Because before the court case the book was widely believed (by those who didn't read it critically)

Folk also believed they were getting an account that came straight from the horse's mouth - as Amaral carefully avoided mentioning that he had never met or spoken to Kate McCann in his life, and had only once briefly met Gerry. In fact he deliberately gave the opposite impression throughout. 

That was dishonest IMO.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

The mccanns parenting was the same as the rest of the tapas...how is it nothing happened to their children

Did they all leave their children in unlocked accommodation ?

Offline Brietta

I think the sea change was when the reopening of Madeleine's case occurred  ...  in Portugal the arrests and convictions of police officers on a variety of criminal charges also must have concentrated minds.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

Did they all leave their children in unlocked accommodation ?

so is locked ok

stephen25000

so is locked ok

You are kidding ?

and what's even better is someone looking after the children.