Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853244 times)

ferryman

Folk also believed they were getting an account that came straight from the horse's mouth - as Amaral carefully avoided mentioning that he had never met or spoken to Kate McCann in his life, and had only once briefly met Gerry. In fact he deliberately gave the opposite impression throughout. 

That was dishonest IMO.

There is actually an interview with Amaral where he talks about observing Kate's reactions in a meeting with Kate.

It was supposed to be Kate's reaction to being asked about the 'sofa' theory (that Madeleine fell off it and died).

That question could only ever be put in arguido interview and Amaral played no part in those interviews.

Offline Benice

There is actually an interview with Amaral where he talks about observing Kate's reactions in a meeting with Kate.

It was supposed to be Kate's reaction to being asked about the 'sofa' theory (that Madeleine fell off it and died).

That question could only ever be put in arguido interview and Amaral played no part in those interviews.

Yes whenever the subject of his own personal contact with the McCanns came up (interviewers also seemed to have no idea that he had never met Kate and only briefly met Gerry) he wriggled and/or lied IMO. 

It's a pity that no-one ever asked him directly whether it was true that he had never met Kate or spoken to her in his life.  But as far as I could see he was simply asked questions and then allowed to sit on the couch and say whatever he liked with no awkward questions being asked at any time.

I believe there was just  one interview where he didn't get such an easy ride - but I can't remember who it was with.

All from memory so I'm happy to be corrected if necessary.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline pegasus

Yes whenever the subject of his own personal contact with the McCanns came up (interviewers also seemed to have no idea that he had never met Kate and only briefly met Gerry) he wriggled and/or lied IMO. 

It's a pity that no-one ever asked him directly whether it was true that he had never met Kate or spoken to her in his life.  But as far as I could see he was simply asked questions and then allowed to sit on the couch and say whatever he liked with no awkward questions being asked at any time.

I believe there was just  one interview where he didn't get such an easy ride - but I can't remember who it was with.

All from memory so I'm happy to be corrected if necessary.
Please would you post links to the videos where Mr Amaral wriggles or lies about meeting the parents?

IMO in his video interviews his body language and straight talking show far greater integrity than the video interviews of any of the men who so desperately attack him.

Offline Mr Gray

Please would you post links to the videos where Mr Amaral wriggles or lies about meeting the parents?

IMO in his video interviews his body language and straight talking show far greater integrity than the video interviews of any of the men who so desperately attack him.

a man who covered up torture....he has no integrity

Offline Brietta

If Dave1's opinion is correct that Mr Amaral has lost all credibility, then how can the book possibly harm the search?

The PJ wanted wanted to suspend him ... so by my reckoning that would seem to indicate that his integrity was shot to pieces with the people best placed to have an informed opinion on the matter.

PJ asks suspension for researchers

The Disciplinary Unit of the Judicial Police asks the suspension of Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, Gonçalo Amaral and three inspectors of the PJ alleged involvement in the case of aggressions against Leonor Cipriano, condemned by death and concealment of corpse daughter, Joan, in 2004.

Ler mais em: http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/pj-pede-suspensao-para-investigadores.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

a man who covered up torture....he has no integrity

I believe it is against forum rules to state something as fact without back up.

Offline pegasus

The PJ wanted wanted to suspend him ... so by my reckoning that would seem to indicate that his integrity was shot to pieces with the people best placed to have an informed opinion on the matter.

PJ asks suspension for researchers

The Disciplinary Unit of the Judicial Police asks the suspension of Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, Gonçalo Amaral and three inspectors of the PJ alleged involvement in the case of aggressions against Leonor Cipriano, condemned by death and concealment of corpse daughter, Joan, in 2004.

Ler mais em: http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/pj-pede-suspensao-para-investigadores.html
IYO was there any contact between people working for Mr Amaral's arch-enemy, and that woman's lawyer?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:13:18 AM by pegasus »

Offline pegasus

If Mr Amaral has lost all his credibility, then no-one will listen to him, so he can't possibly impede the search, so why is his arch-enemy still continuing a court case against him?

Offline mercury

If Mr Amaral has lost all his credibility, then no-one will listen to him, so he can't possibly impede the search, so why is his arch-enemy still continuing a court case against him?

Money, reputation and not losing face? All in that order too. Possibly other reasons too.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 12:34:27 AM by mercury »

Offline Brietta

IYO was there any contact between people working for Mr Amaral's arch-enemy, and that woman's lawyer?

What woman?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

What woman?
The one in your post: LC.

Offline Brietta

The one in your post: LC.

I think you have gone off on a tangent on Mr Amaral's appeal and are allowing emotion to override that analytical brain of yours.
Dr Kate McCann is one of the injured parties here ... not Mr Amaral who has written a book which in my opinion was partly to deliberately traduce her and implicate her in her daughter's death and disappearance.

Offline pegasus

I think you have gone off on a tangent on Mr Amaral's appeal and are allowing emotion to override that analytical brain of yours.
Dr Kate McCann is one of the injured parties here ... not Mr Amaral who has written a book which in my opinion was partly to deliberately traduce her and implicate her in her daughter's death and disappearance.
I imagined reading that people working for the arch-enemy of Mr Amaral had been in touch with her lawyer, but I must be wrong. BTW I think Mr Amaral's "theydunit" conclusion is false, but there is something very odd about the lengths someone has gone to try to destroy him.

Offline mercury

The only way K McCann is an injured party is she is innocent, that hasn't been declared by any any authority at least, and the Portuguese authorities have stated the nature of the crime is unknown, so, the lawsuit is a bit of an oxymoron to begin with

Offline mercury

I imagined reading that people working for the arch-enemy of Mr Amaral had been in touch with her lawyer, but I must be wrong. BTW I think Mr Amaral's "theydunit" conclusion is false, but there is something very odd about the lengths someone has gone to try to destroy him.

At the very best, just money then, which is shameful though