Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 852978 times)

Offline Jean-Pierre

The GFM appeal website does clearly state that the money will be spent on legal expenses in this civil case.
The FMF appeal website ... I can't find the relevant page.  Please FMF supporters can you post it here thanks.

It can say what it likes.  There is no actual information available, even to those who have contributed. 

This is very far from the much vaunted "open and transparent".

It would be interesting to know 

How much has been received in total?

How much has been spent and on what?

How much is left?

Offline pegasus

@jean-pierre
At least the GFM appeal and PJGA clearly state what their object is.
A level of clarity which another would do well to aspire to.
ETA I recently took lessons in the art of debate, and noticed they have another course advertised "How to count up to two and not count up to three instead".

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:26:36 PM by pegasus »

Offline Jean-Pierre

@jean-pierre
At least the GFM appeal and PJGA clearly state what their object is.
A level of clarity which another money-raising site would do well to aspire to.

It can state it's purpose until it's blue in the face.  Until it clarifies the numbers it means absolutely nothing. 

Offline jassi

It can state it's purpose until it's blue in the face.  Until it clarifies the numbers it means absolutely nothing.

Supposing they put some numbers up, would you believe them?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pegasus

At least they do say upfront: we are paying legal expenses in this civil case.
Show me a site on your side with the same clarity.

Offline pegasus

Supposing they put some numbers up, would you believe them?
Yes. Let's start with income. The GFM appeal continuously displays the exact total donated so far , and states the exact percentages which get deducted. This total is updated every time a donation is recieved. It is completely accurate, backed by the professionalism of a highly regarded international company.

I challenge anyone to show me a website on the opposite side which clearly states total donations and deductions with this complete clarity.

ferryman

Yes. Let's start with income. The GFM appeal continuously displays the exact total donated so far , and states the exact percentages which get deducted. This total is updated every time a donation is recieved. It is completely accurate, backed by the professionalism of a highly regarded international company.

I challenge anyone to show me a website on the opposite side which clearly states total donations and deductions with this complete clarity.

Gofundme state what the deductions are.

Offline misty

There are also deductions made by Stripe. I assume that they are additional to the GFM charges?
I believe there is also an additional monthly charge of over £500 if the amount processed is over £20,000.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:26:05 PM by misty »

Offline pegasus

Gofundme state what the deductions are.
IMO PJGA is honest.
If you are implying otherwise, why not show PJGA how it should be done?
Let's have a look at some accounts of a professionally run fund.

Offline misty

IMO PJGA is honest.

If we knew who ran PJGA, it would be a start.......

Offline jassi

What difference would it make? The fund exists, you disapprove. End of.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

IMO PJGA is honest.

Good luck with that. As a limited company they comply with legal requirements and that's it. There are no legal requirements relating to the PJGA fund or to the gofundme fund. People have donated to all these funds in good faith and if they are happy why should others ask questions?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pegasus

If we knew who ran PJGA, it would be a start.......
If we knew who the "Fund Administrator" of FMF is it would be a start....

Here is what the site claims:
"An experienced Fund Administrator has been appointed to ensure the highest standards of transparency and accountability"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:06:46 PM by pegasus »

ferryman

Amaral's defence seems to be that because the McCanns were not with Madeleine when she was abducted, they should get lower damage payment than that found by the first-instance judge.

How much is needed to present that defence?

Offline Mr Gray

Good luck with that. As a limited company they comply with legal requirements and that's it. There are no legal requirements relating to the PJGA fund or to the gofundme fund. People have donated to all these funds in good faith and if they are happy why should others ask questions?

I question because many of the donations are based on lies told by amaral...particularly what the dog's alerts prove