Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853333 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Yes that's it, he is the underdog, and attempts have been made to destroy him, so I support him.
His theory is not all correct IMO. But he is a man of integrity, a man who talks straight.

he's a convicted criminal

stephen25000

Now tell us dave what did Metardo3 in connection with Correia, try to do on the mccanns behalf as regards Amaral ?

Offline Jean-Pierre

Yes that's it, he is the underdog, and attempts have been made to destroy him, so I support him.
His theory is not all correct IMO. But he is a man of integrity, a man who talks straight.

I think people support amaral for different reasons.  Personally I support his right to appeal and to pursue his legal rights. 

To support him simply because he is the 'underdog' makes no sense to me.  Especially as he was the aggressor in this case by writing his book, documentary and interviews.  He pursued the mccanns and then got all hurt when they but back through the Portuguese courts. 

How do you square your protestations that he is a man of integrity with you feeling that he is wrong about the case of a missing child and her parents?

Offline Alice Purjorick

We've been informed that Amaral is very popular in Portugal.  We also know the PT press reported his recent court failure against the McCanns and the unprecedented costs he has to pay.  You'd have thought that there would be at least as many Portuguese nationals eager to fund their hero's fight back as there are gullible British fools currently parting with their hard earned on a repeat basis, no?

From the top.
I haven't a clue whether or not he is popular in Portugal; what is the source of that information?
OK so the judges ruling was published in the Portuguese press; fair comment.
Why would one have thought Portuguese Jose Publico will contribute to Sr. Amaral's costs?
How do you know Jose Publico hasn't contributed in Portugal?
Why do you think Sr. Amaral is the hero of Jose Publico? what is the source of that information?
There are gullible fools everywhere.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

Now tell us dave what did Metardo3 in connection with Correia, try to do on the mccanns behalf as regards Amaral ?

What are you alleging Stephen, and based on what evidence?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

are they worse then unconvicted criminals/ like the paedo gang in North England- would you say they are a better class of criminal?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Alfred R Jones

From the top.
I haven't a clue whether or not he is popular in Portugal; what is the source of that information?
OK so the judges ruling was published in the Portuguese press; fair comment.
Why would one have thought Portuguese Jose Publico will contribute to Sr. Amaral's costs?
How do you know Jose Publico hasn't contributed in Portugal?
Why do you think Sr. Amaral is the hero of Jose Publico? what is the source of that information?
There are gullible fools everywhere.
The source for the information regarding Amaral's popularity are members of this forum and elsewhere in internet land.  Personally, I doubt their claims and they do seem unable to substantiate it.  It is my opinion that if (as these poor deluded souls claim) Amaral is a bit of a national hero it is odd that we are not seeing any evidence of this being the case, such as numerous PT nationals digging deep into their own pockets on a regular basis to support their hero, such as we see in this country. 
I will draw my own conclusions from this absence of evidence of national support, as no doubt shall you - and both conclusions (whilst almost certainly poles apart) shall be equally valid   8((()*/

Offline Carana

As with other issues, this has been discussed before.

Or are you that blind ?

They wanted Amaral destroyed. 8(0(*

He was certainly not their favourite person once they got wind of his book and other spoutings and they eventually took steps via the civil courts to attempt to stop it. That's recorded fact.

Aside from that, what else is more than unsubstantiated insinuation?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 09:46:33 AM by Mr Moderator »

stephen25000

He was certainly not their favourite person once they got wind of his book and other spoutings and they eventually took steps via the civil courts to attempt to stop it. That's recorded fact.

Aside from that, what else is more than unsubstantiated insinuation?

On whose instructions did Metardo3  go after Amaral, via Correia ?

Was it the tooth fairy ?

and of course Correia was 'helping' the Cipriano's.

Now pray tell, who was an investigating officer in that case ?

Offline Alice Purjorick

The source for the information regarding Amaral's popularity are members of this forum and elsewhere in internet land.  Personally, I doubt their claims and they do seem unable to substantiate it.  It is my opinion that if (as these poor deluded souls claim) Amaral is a bit of a national hero it is odd that we are not seeing any evidence of this being the case, such as numerous PT nationals digging deep into their own pockets on a regular basis to support their hero, such as we see in this country. 
I will draw my own conclusions from this absence of evidence of national support, as no doubt shall you - and both conclusions (whilst almost certainly poles apart) shall be equally valid   8((()*/

I stand to be corrected of course but I see no evidence one way or another whether Portuguese nationals are contributing to Sr Amaral's beer 'n' baccy fund. There would appear to be no evidence to suggest that Jose Publico is contributing under his own name to the fund started by Leanne Baulch but that is a different proposition.
My conclusion would be I can't readily see any evidence to support or undermine the proposition. I do rather suspect most of us don't care how he is being funded. It's a bit like golf: how doesn't matter; how many does.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

Was it the tooth fairy ?

Having failed in his effort to have him committed to an asylum for the insane Mr Amaral took the lawyer to court, for as far as I can see, representing a client in court.

Mr Amaral resoundingly lost the case and had to pay all the court costs ... perhaps lending to some of the financial difficulties he has continually mired himself in.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

So what do you think of Correia's theory as to the fate of Madeleine ?

He also claims to be a psychic.

Do you believe he is ?

He got involved ion the Cipriano case on the back of this one.

A to B to C.

Offline Carana

Was it the tooth fairy ?

I haven't found anything to support the notion that Metodo3 had anything to do with Correia's decision to defend Leonor Cipriano at her torture trial.

Why would they? SOME lawyer would have had to have defended her in any case. It may as well have been any Jose Avogado.

Offline Carana

So what do you think of Correia's theory as to the fate of Madeleine ?

He also claims to be a psychic.

Do you believe he is ?

He got involved ion the Cipriano case on the back of this one.

A to B to C.

That's precisely one of the reasons why I don't believe that the McCanns (even via M3) would have done so.

He was convinced that both children had been murdered - when there is no evidence to support that in either case. Perhaps one or both have been, but there is nothing to substantiate it and the McCanns were firmly committed to the hope that Madeleine might still be alive.

As far as I can make out, he seems to have been a loose cannon. M3 did have contact with him, although he may have been the one to initiate contact, and M3 may have contributed to some expenses re the dam when a child's sock and what later turned out to have been the bones of drowned kittens, and to try to interview João Cipriano in prison. That makes sense in case there had been a child trafficking ring and he had knowledge of it.

ETA: Another point is that Amaral was an arguido on 4 May and charged a month or so later concerning alleged beatings that took place years before the McCanns ever went on holiday. Others were also, although I have no confirmed dates concerning the others.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:41:38 AM by Carana »

Offline pegasus

Contrary to what some would have us believe, reportedly M3's contract was not terminated in March 2008. It was extended. ETA Starting a thread, reply there please.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:39:07 AM by pegasus »