Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 852948 times)

Offline Carana

Contrary to what some would have us believe, M3's contract was not terminated in March 2008. It was extended.

Extended or their services used on an ad hoc basis?

Alfred R Jones

I stand to be corrected of course but I see no evidence one way or another whether Portuguese nationals are contributing to Sr Amaral's beer 'n' baccy fund. There would appear to be no evidence to suggest that Jose Publico is contributing under his own name to the fund started by Leanne Baulch but that is a different proposition.
My conclusion would be I can't readily see any evidence to support or undermine the proposition. I do rather suspect most of us don't care how he is being funded. It's a bit like golf: how doesn't matter; how many does.
Do you feel it is incumbent upon yourself to challenge every point I make, no matter how trivial, frivolous or how little you care what the actual answer is?

Online Eleanor

TOPIC. PLEASE.

Offline pegasus

Is the civil court case the biggest expenditure of FMF this year?

ferryman

Dear oh dear.

When was it proved she was abducted ferryman ?

I would say, at roughly the point that Santos made his plea that proceedings be in camera to protect Madeleine lest Madeleine be alive.

Offline pegasus

I would say, at roughly the point that Santos made his plea that proceedings be in camera to protect Madeleine lest Madeleine be alive.
The civil court case has nothing to do with solving the crime, the judge has made that clear.
The "in camera" ploy highlights the question:
.. Who makes the decision on behalf of an underage ward of court, whether to sue someone in a civil court?

Offline Alice Purjorick

lest= just in case
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Jean-Pierre

The civil court case has nothing to do with solving the crime, the judge has made that clear.
The "in camera" ploy highlights the question:
.. Who makes the decision on behalf of an underage ward of court, whether to sue someone in a civil court?

You are correct in the first paragraph.

As for the second - the child's parents.  Wardshop does not override parental rights.  As amaral discovered to his (misadvised) cost.

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
I haven't found anything to support the notion that Metodo3 had anything to do with Correia's decision to defend Leonor Cipriano at her torture trial.

Why would they? SOME lawyer would have had to have defended her in any case. It may as well have been any Jose Avogado.

Joao Grade was Leonors lawyer, before Marcos.
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Angelo222

I haven't found anything to support the notion that Metodo3 had anything to do with Correia's decision to defend Leonor Cipriano at her torture trial.

Why would they? SOME lawyer would have had to have defended her in any case. It may as well have been any Jose Avogado.

You conveniently missed out the bit where Metodo 3 previously tried to get lawyer John Grade to do their dirty work but he refused and went public.  Correia obviously needed the money more and his links with M3 had already been established.

It really doesn't matter which way you try to spin it Carana, anyone who knows anything about this case knows that Kennedy and the Madeleine Fund were paying Metodo 3.  They in turn were funding Correia and everything he got up to.  Only a public inquiry will get to the bottom of these murky dealings.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:53:34 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Alfred R Jones

You conveniently missed out the bit where Metodo 3 previously tried to get lawyer John Grade to do their dirty work but he refused and went public.  Correia obviously needed the money more and his links with M3 had already been established.

It really doesn't matter which way you try to spin it Carana, anyone who knows anything about this case knows that Kennedy and the Madeleine Fund were paying Metodo 3.  They in turn were funding Correia and everything he got up to.  Only a public inquiry will get to the bottom of these murky dealings.
What crime do you think has been committed and by whom?

Offline pegasus

You are correct in the first paragraph.

As for the second - the child's parents.  Wardshop does not override parental rights.  As amaral discovered to his (misadvised) cost.
You may be correct that the "in camera" ploy was not the best tactic.
But have the higher paid lawyers on the other side been perfect?
For example the timing of taking Leic Police to court. If the lawyers had delayed by a few weeks isn't it probable they would have won against the Police? (simply by delaying a few weeks until the case was shelved in Portugal).

Offline G-Unit

You may be correct that the "in camera" ploy was not the best tactic.
But have the higher paid lawyers on the other side been perfect?
For example the timing of taking Leic Police to court. If the lawyers had delayed by a few weeks isn't it probable they would have won against the Police? (simply by delaying a few weeks until the case was shelved in Portugal).

The court case was simply the end of the process. Leicestershire police were served with the disclosure order very early on, and had been refusing to disclose their evidence for ages. They would never have won that case no matter when they did it.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

What crime do you think has been committed and by whom?

I would say it was an attempt to pervert the course of justice at the very least and could very well include bribery of a public official.  There will be other criminal violations if one digs deep enough and could include conspiracy.

I intend to find out who knew what and more importantly, who was giving Metodo 3 their orders and authorising payments to Correia.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 06:49:26 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

I would say it was an attempt to pervert the course of justice at the very least and could very well include bribery of a public official.  There will be other criminal violations if one digs deep enough and could include conspiracy.

So what do you actually have now...nothing