Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853337 times)

Offline Anna

My apologies, if this has already been posted. Thought that it might be of interest to some posters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

£32,675!!

Fantastic support has been shown to Gonçalo Amaral via your comments and shares! Just one donation away from 2,000 donors. Thank you all so much for continuing to support Snr Amaral.

PJGA was founded as a quest for justice and backed by supporters from all over the globe, in solidarity, friendship and above all, in the interest of furthering the investigation of the case into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann. Within this scope, with the relentless support of those who will not let this case pass into obscurity, who do not tolerate the leaving of unanswered questions, there are many who follow Amaral’s dissatisfaction, and whom, like him, urge for the day the truth, or some more of it will emerge.

During the last months of 2009, a group of Gonçalo Amaral friends realised that it would be impossible for him to face the costs of his defence in the civil suit that was filed against him personally – as well as against others – brought by the McCann couple and their children, in response to his book “Maddie, A Verdade Da Mentira”.

Lawsuits in Portugal are expensive, like anywhere else in the world, and the Portuguese State will only help funding legal costs if one is completely destitute. With part of his pension and the total of his assets frozen, Gonçalo Amaral would not be able to cover the legal expenses; what was left of his pension was barely enough to meet everyday living costs, but it was more than enough for the State to refuse financial support.

Therefore, his friends decided to open a private bank account, where funds would be kept to pay, whenever necessary and whenever possible, expenses that were presented by Mr Amaral’s lawyer. Projecto Justiça Gonçalo Amaral was born out of solidarity and friendship.

The trial is ongoing, since 2009, nothing has changed, pending final judgment. We continue to accept your donations only into this one bank account and we continue to meet only legal expenses out of that very same account.

If any funds are left unused, they will be donated to a Portuguese children’s charity, according to Gonçalo Amaral’s wishes.

There are many ways to contribute to this Project. You can help by spreading information about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann by highlighting the Case File information. You can help by voicing your support for freedom of expression and freedom of opinion. You can help by supporting Gonçalo Amaral’s defence account.

We trust that Justice will be served.

Thank you.
http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

ferryman

That's a heck of a lot of dosh to mount a defence that consists of little more than theMcCannsshouldhavegotlesscoztheyweren'twithMadeleinewhenshewasabducted ...

I'm sure, if I learnt a few key Portuguese phrases, I could present that defence for a minute fraction of the cost ...

Offline pegasus

£33230. Today expect another £103 and the magic figure of £33333 will be reached. A third of the way to £100000, it blows a huge raspberry in the general direction of the multi-millionaires who pay the other sides legals. 
And this has been achieved despite a blanket gag in the UK and PT mainstream press and tv..
And before any high-profile donor gets on board. 

Offline Jean-Pierre

£33230. Today expect another £103 and the magic figure of £33333 will be reached. A third of the way to £100000, it blows a huge raspberry in the general direction of the multi-millionaires who pay the other sides legals. 
And this has been achieved despite a blanket gag in the UK and PT mainstream press and tv..

What on earth is this claim that there is a "blanket ban" in the UK press and tv?  Perhaps you could elucidate?

Offline G-Unit

That's a heck of a lot of dosh to mount a defence that consists of little more than theMcCannsshouldhavegotlesscoztheyweren'twithMadeleinewhenshewasabducted ...

I'm sure, if I learnt a few key Portuguese phrases, I could present that defence for a minute fraction of the cost ...

Do you know what Amaral's appeal actually says or are you merely guessing?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pegasus

Yeah, 1000 people, 2000 people what does it matter anyway, it's still a miniscule amount of support in the grand scheme of things, especially when you consider that Amaral is supposedly a national hero in Portugal.
Yes £33,333 is a pathetically miniscule amount of support-
it's not even enough to run a website for 11 months.

ferryman

Do you know what Amaral's appeal actually says or are you merely guessing?

A logical inference based on known facts and details of earlier stages of proceedings.

There can be no denying that Santos expressly contradicted the last chapter of Amaral's book by saying what he did.

What price Amaral's appeal?

stephen25000

A logical inference based on known facts and details of earlier stages of proceedings.

There can be no denying that Santos expressly contradicted the last chapter of Amaral's book by saying what he did.

Perhaps you should remember when the book ban was overturned, and it did not impede the search.

A myth you perpetuated.

Offline pegasus

What on earth is this claim that there is a "blanket ban" in the UK press and tv?  Perhaps you could elucidate?
Certainly, here is a list of all mainstream UK and PT papers and TV stations that have reported the GFM appeal reaching its 25K target in this case which is definitely of great interest to the UK and PT public.
(list attached, apologies for the large file size)

Offline Carana

What on earth is likely to cost that much in a Portuguese civil appeal case? He has some knowledge of the law, so does his daughter, and presumably any law student fan could look up legislation in his favour.

Offline Carana

Certainly, here is a list of all mainstream UK and PT papers and TV stations that have reported the GFM appeal reaching its 25K target in this case which is definitely of great interest to the UK and PT public.
(list attached, apologies for the large file size)

Why would this be newsworthy for the national press of either country?

Offline LagosBen

Ah, back again. 8(0(*

You mean like the mccanns funds are not  ?
I don't normally respond to [moderated] ...but I must be mistaken in thinking that I have seen PROPER accounts from the FindMadeleine Fund  posted and checked every financial year. &%+((£
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 01:07:56 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

So you've no idea then? Thought not.
Result = happy posting.

Online Eleanor

No Insults, Please.

Offline G-Unit

I don't normally respond to idiots....but I must be mistaken in thinking that I have seen PROPER accounts from the FindMadeleine Fund  posted and checked every financial year. &%+((£

The Find Madeleine Fund has complied with the minimum legal requirements with regard to their accounts. This doesn't allow any interested parties to discover how much has been spent on particular items, which is why they have been criticised for not being more transparent.

There is no legal requirement for the PJGA Fund to give any details about what has been donated or spent.
Result = happy posting.