Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853292 times)

ferryman

The Find Madeleine Fund has complied with the minimum legal requirements with regard to their accounts. This doesn't allow any interested parties to discover how much has been spent on particular items, which is why they have been criticised for not being more transparent.

There is no legal requirement for the PJGA Fund to give any details about what has been donated or spent.

So you don't criticise PJGA for absence of transparency

But you do criticise Find Madeleine for not being more transparent than it is?

Why is that?

Offline G-Unit

So you don't criticise PJGA for absence of transparency

But you do criticise Find Madeleine for not being more transparent than it is?

Why is that?

I pointed out that the FMF has been criticised for merely complying with the letter of the law. I never said by me did I?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

I don't normally respond to [moderated] ...but I must be mistaken in thinking that I have seen PROPER accounts from the FindMadeleine Fund  posted and checked every financial year. &%+((£

As charming as ever in your replies. 8)-)))

That comes as no surprise.

The mccanns promised full and transparent accounts.

They didn't deliver.

Offline pegasus

What on earth is likely to cost that much in a Portuguese civil appeal case? He has some knowledge of the law, so does his daughter, and presumably any law student fan could look up legislation in his favour.
As a fan I've already suggested something he might use. But a logical way to assess how much money he needs for lawyers, is to look at how much the other side are spending on their very expensive top Portuguese and UK lawyers, and try to equal that? You can't have a fair game of rugby if the pitch is sloping. You can't win a round the world balloon race with a self-inflated party balloon.

Offline pegasus

Why would this be newsworthy for the national press of either country?
Large numbers of the public in both countries are interested in this case.

Offline Jean-Pierre

Certainly, here is a list of all mainstream UK and PT papers and TV stations that have reported the GFM appeal reaching its 25K target in this case which is definitely of great interest to the UK and PT public.
(list attached, apologies for the large file size)

You seem to think it is actually newsworthy, and the lack of fulsome articles is because of a blanket ban?  Sory to burst your bubble, but I really think the lack of press coverage is because outside this tiny corne rof the internet, it simply isn't news worth mentioning or discussing.

As an objective test - Can you find links to (lets set the bar low) three websites or blogs not already dedicated to the McCanns case (so this forum, and Jill Haverns, and Morais do not count) that are protesting about the "gagging of the press" and the "blanket ban"?

Or have they all been "got at" too?

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:40:07 PM by Eleanor »

Offline Angelo222

You seem to think it is actually newsworthy, and the lack of fulsome articles is because of a blanket ban?  Sory to burst your bubble, but I really think the lack of press coverage is because outside this tiny corne rof the internet, it simply isn't news worth mentioning or discussing.

As an objective test - Can you find links to (lets set the bar low) three websites or blogs not already dedicated to the McCanns case (so this forum, and Jill Haverns, and Morais do not count) that are protesting about the "gagging of the press" and the "blanket ban"?

Or have they all been "got at" too?

I think the Brit press have made their bed and now they have to lie on it regardless of the thorns.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 03:44:56 PM by Eleanor »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

As a fan I've already suggested something he might use. But a logical way to assess how much money he needs for lawyers, is to look at how much the other side are spending on their very expensive top Portuguese and UK lawyers, and try to equal that? You can't have a fair game of rugby if the pitch is sloping. You can't win a round the world balloon race with a self-inflated party balloon.

This isn't a criminal case, Pegasus. If it had been, and expert witnesses had to be flown over, or attempts to reconstruct bullet or sound trajectories had been needed, I'd have agreed with you.

But it's not.

Offline pegasus

This isn't a criminal case, Pegasus. If it had been, and expert witnesses had to be flown over, or attempts to reconstruct bullet or sound trajectories had been needed, I'd have agreed with you.

But it's not.
On this civil case Mr Amaral's opponent has spent and continues to spend a huge amount of money on top lawyers. Therefore it is reasonable for Mr Amaral to hire a lawyer.

Alfred R Jones

£33230. Today expect another £103 and the magic figure of £33333 will be reached. A third of the way to £100000, it blows a huge raspberry in the general direction of the multi-millionaires who pay the other sides legals. 
And this has been achieved despite a blanket gag in the UK and PT mainstream press and tv..
And before any high-profile donor gets on board.
I'm sorry but the idea of a £33,333 GoFundMe blowing a huge raspberry in the direction of multi-millionaires is rather amusing to me.  A bit like an ant stamping on an elephant's foot. 

ferryman

I'm sorry but the idea of a £33,333 GoFundMe blowing a huge raspberry in the direction of multi-millionaires is rather amusing to me.  A bit like an ant stamping on an elephant's foot.

I love that analogy ....

stephen25000

I love that analogy ....

Of course you do.

How many people donated by the way to her recent charity cycling event, and how many to Amaral ?

Do you share Sadie's viewpoint that Amaral has got a lot of PR companies on his side ?

Offline pegasus

"ensuring that the organisation’s
assets and property are used only to
deliver its stated objects and aims"
Source: Good Governance Code page 19

Offline pegasus

I love that analogy ....
I prefer the "sloping rugby pitch" analogy.

Offline Mr Gray

I prefer the "sloping rugby pitch" analogy.

not that good because at half time they change ends