Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853140 times)

Offline Brietta

Waste of money...I wonder how much they have spent?
I also wonder in how many issuing child cases the parents have used these kind of agencies, to what end and to what result

You raise an interesting point there.  Do you happen to know how many other cases there are of missing children whose parents have been forced to pay detective agencies to do what the police should be doing?

Madeleine McCann's case was archived which in effect means closed in 2008 ... the police were not looking for her ... obviously you think no-one should.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

You raise an interesting point there.  Do you happen to know how many other cases there are of missing children whose parents have been forced to pay detective agencies to do what the police should be doing?

Madeleine McCann's case was archived which in effect means closed in 2008 ... the police were not looking for her ... obviously you think no-one should.
Metodo 3 were hired in early September 2007.
9 months before the case was archived.

Offline Brietta

Metodo 3 were hired in early September 2007.
9 months before the case was archived.

The McCanns were made arguidos in early September 2007 and were thus aware that they were the focus of the investigation ... not Madeleine.

So in fact the police were not looking for Madeleine McCann from nine months before the case was archived.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

The McCanns were made arguidos in early September 2007 and were thus aware that they were the focus of the investigation ... not Madeleine.

So in fact the police were not looking for Madeleine McCann from nine months before the case was archived.
After Sept 2007 PJ and LP were still investigating leads nothing to do with the parents.

Offline mercury

After Sept 2007 PJ and LP were still investigating leads nothing to do with the parents.

Correct, as witnessed in the files aplenty, anyone who says otherwise is lying or supporting an abysmal  black propaganda for reasons unknown against the Portuguese police which started almost immediately post 3 May 2007...THIS FACT has not gone beyond many peoples notice

« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 02:52:46 AM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

Correct, as witnessed in the files aplenty, anyone who says otherwise is lying or supporting an abysmal  black propaganda for reasons unknown against the Portuguese police which started almost immediately post 3 May 2007...THIS FACT has not gone beyond many peoples notice
Yes for example Rebelo and other PJ officers were actively investigating the abduction theory, testing ways to climb in the window, and ways to pass a child out the window, in October 2007. Metodo3 were hired a month before this.

Offline mercury

The point I raised was about PR Agencies NOT PIs

Offline mercury

Yes for example Rebelo and other PJ officers were actively investigating the abduction theory, testing ways to climb in the window, and ways to pass a child out the window, in October 2007. Metodo3 were hired a month before this.

It wasn't just that though....
There were still sightings being followed up and other works

I have no idea if the Pj were a crap force or an excellent force  (most accounts point to the latter) but what is resoundingly clear to me and very strange is that there was a concerted campaign to discredit them right from the start, as well as the personal targeting of the coordinator, Mr Amaral, all by the British press, (and followed on by the  groups that want to exonerate the Mccanns before the police actually do) that STINKS to me

and let's face it, no one has officially exonerated them though many thrash around trying to say so lol, goodnight pegasus
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:26:20 AM by mercury »

Online Eleanor

Could we get back On Topic, please?

ferryman

So where is the confirmation that Amaral will appeal to the higher court?

stephen25000

Desperate, very desperate.

Online Eleanor

I do not wish to spend my day deleting Insults.  Can we bear this in mind, please?

Offline Brietta

I'm interested in that too, Ferryman.  Obviously there is no 'gagging' order on this considering the interviews given by Mr Amaral in the immediate aftermath of the judgement being handed down.

Obviously it might be inappropriate to have the nitty gritty published on MSM but surely it isn't too much to expect that Mr Amaral or a spokesperson could give a broad outline.

Or is it the conclusion that the media in Portugal is just plain disinterested?

Offline Carana

I don't expect any more "news" about this until sometime towards the end of the year.

Offline G-Unit

I'm interested in that too, Ferryman.  Obviously there is no 'gagging' order on this considering the interviews given by Mr Amaral in the immediate aftermath of the judgement being handed down.

Obviously it might be inappropriate to have the nitty gritty published on MSM but surely it isn't too much to expect that Mr Amaral or a spokesperson could give a broad outline.

Or is it the conclusion that the media in Portugal is just plain disinterested?

Allow me to help;

This secrecy also includes civil cases. Although the parties involved in a litigation are named at the outset, once the papers are in the court obtaining further information can be frustrating for an investigator.We know that A is suing B for 5,000 euros. What we cannot find out is what it was for, and when it is likely to come to trial. - See more at: http://portugalresident.com/secrecy-of-justice-in-portugal#sthash.9FlxvaAt.dpuf
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0