Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853353 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Allow me to help;

This secrecy also includes civil cases. Although the parties involved in a litigation are named at the outset, once the papers are in the court obtaining further information can be frustrating for an investigator.We know that A is suing B for 5,000 euros. What we cannot find out is what it was for, and when it is likely to come to trial. - See more at: http://portugalresident.com/secrecy-of-justice-in-portugal#sthash.9FlxvaAt.dpuf

Interesting!
This bit too: One problem about the Secrecy of Justice is that the press can run reports based on speculation about how an investigation is progressing - but the police cannot make a statement correcting their articles.

I would work on the presumption that if Sr Amaral said he will appeal the judgement as far as the judicial process allows, then he will do just that. If he doesn't wish to announce it through a megaphone that's his business. If one is to believe the principle propounded in the article you have linked, then silence could indicate that he has already put his papers in to the court.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

It begs the question - why Amaral's views on how the trial was progressing were solicited and freely given prior to the judgement being handed down...

Offline G-Unit

It begs the question - why Amaral's views on how the trial was progressing were solicited and freely given prior to the judgement being handed down...

Do you have links please?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

Do you have links please?
Just look up any Amaral interview for the last few years.

Offline G-Unit

Just look up any Amaral interview for the last few years.

You ask for cites but you don't provide them yourself.

Quote from: stephen25000 on June 30, 2015, 08:53:10 AM
Now, didn't they promise a full an open investigation ?
Cite.  Who, when, where. SAID ALFRED!!!!
Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

You ask for cites but you don't provide them yourself.

Quote from: stephen25000 on June 30, 2015, 08:53:10 AM
Now, didn't they promise a full an open investigation ?
Cite.  Who, when, where. SAID ALFRED!!!!
I ask for cites when I know none actually exist.  You ask for cites when you know they do - that's the difference.  Do you not recall Amaral claiming in interview(s) to be quietly confident about winning the case prior to the judgment?  It was not that long ago either.  If you honestly, hand on heart do not, then I will spend some time looking for the cite, OK?

Offline G-Unit

I ask for cites when I know none actually exist.  You ask for cites when you know they do - that's the difference.  Do you not recall Amaral claiming in interview(s) to be quietly confident about winning the case prior to the judgment?  It was not that long ago either.  If you honestly, hand on heart do not, then I will spend some time looking for the cite, OK?

I wouldn't class being 'quietly confident' as breaking secrecy. Also, the trial was public so was there to be reported on daily. I haven't seen any interviews actually, but don't go out of your way. The secrecy was breached in this case by having a public trial. It may cover the appeal now being considered.
Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

Here's but one example of sarky old Ammy chatting about the lawsuit in Portugal's "O Crime" magazine (looks a bit like Titbits for Portuguese fans of "crime") from 2012
 http://www.mccannfiles.com/id408.html

At what stage is the civil proceeding the McCanns have against you?

We are at a pre-trial hearing stage. Presently, my new lawyer has been "tweaking" a process that was halted and that has stirred some panic in the opposing side.

One of the strongest arguments of the accusation alleges that Gonçalo Amaral became enriched with the book's author rights. What is your reaction to this claim?

If someone wants to talk about "enrichment", they should think firstly in the parents of the missing child, in their family, in their support "staff" and in their illustrious lawyer. In the latter case, it would be important for the aforementioned lawyer to state how much has she earned and what are her prospects regarding future gains, not to mention the other lawyers, the private detective agencies and PR companies.

Do you have any expectations as to the result of this lawsuit?

The only expectation that I have is that we are going to win the action, since there are no facts or material facts to support the claim. The action of the McCanns is inept. It is this that causes a great despondency in the illustrious lawyer, who felt the need to proceed with a campaign of disinformation and slander against me. She should not forget what she has been saying, because she will answer for that in court.

In virtually every interview the "illustrious" ex-cop has given in the last few years he has mouthed off and whinged about the lawsuit against him.  So much for having to keep schtumm for legal reasons.

Offline Carana

Here's but one example of sarky old Ammy chatting about the lawsuit in Portugal's "O Crime" magazine (looks a bit like Titbits for Portuguese fans of "crime") from 2012
 http://www.mccannfiles.com/id408.html

At what stage is the civil proceeding the McCanns have against you?

We are at a pre-trial hearing stage. Presently, my new lawyer has been "tweaking" a process that was halted and that has stirred some panic in the opposing side.

One of the strongest arguments of the accusation alleges that Gonçalo Amaral became enriched with the book's author rights. What is your reaction to this claim?

If someone wants to talk about "enrichment", they should think firstly in the parents of the missing child, in their family, in their support "staff" and in their illustrious lawyer. In the latter case, it would be important for the aforementioned lawyer to state how much has she earned and what are her prospects regarding future gains, not to mention the other lawyers, the private detective agencies and PR companies.

Do you have any expectations as to the result of this lawsuit?

The only expectation that I have is that we are going to win the action, since there are no facts or material facts to support the claim. The action of the McCanns is inept. It is this that causes a great despondency in the illustrious lawyer, who felt the need to proceed with a campaign of disinformation and slander against me. She should not forget what she has been saying, because she will answer for that in court.

In virtually every interview the "illustrious" ex-cop has given in the last few years he has mouthed off and whinged about the lawsuit against him.  So much for having to keep schtumm for legal reasons.

That's an interesting find, Alfie...

ferryman

Not sure what (if anything!) Isabel Duarte might have said about Amaral outside court, but my guess is, not a lot.

Inside court, all statements are absolutely protected, in Portugal as in England.

Alfred R Jones

Anyone know when Amaral plans to sue Duarte?  Will there be enough in the Fund to cover this action as well?  &%+((£

Online Eleanor

Anyone know when Amaral plans to sue Duarte?  Will there be enough in the Fund to cover this action as well?  &%+((£

I shouldn't worry.  They'll soon raise enough for that.

Offline Carana

In other words, he's admitting that he was enriched as a result, is he? The tax office seems to think so...

Alfred R Jones

I shouldn't worry.  They'll soon raise enough for that.
Yep - as soon as the UK and PT press get their fingers out and put the Fund on the front pages he'll have enough to sue Duarte, The McCanns, Mitchell, me and you!

Offline Carana

Not sure what (if anything!) Isabel Duarte might have said about Amaral outside court, but my guess is, not a lot.

Inside court, all statements are absolutely protected, in Portugal as in England.

What "disinformation" and "slander" is he talking about?