Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853533 times)

Alfred R Jones

As soon as the judge decides whether the appeal is allowed to proceed, we will know immediately IMO.
If the judge says "yes". Mr Amaral will tell us.
If the judge says "no", both Mr Amaral and his opponent will tell us.
If the judge says no to the appeal I doubt we'll hear anything at all, not directly from either party anyway.

Offline mercury

If the judge says no to the appeal I doubt we'll hear anything at all, not directly from either party anyway.

Don't be so silly

Alfred R Jones

Don't be so silly
I'm not being silly.  If the judge says no to the appeal it changes nothing as far as the McCanns are concerned, and is Amaral  really going to want to publicly admit such a humiliating outcome?  I doubt it.

Offline mercury

Don't be so silly

An d get over it Amaral will win his appeal even if some of your ilk don't even accept he has lodged one  lolol mad of them or what
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:57:49 PM by mercury »

Offline G-Unit

I think I've seen it explained like this. The judge considers the appeal and either changes her decision or doesn't. If she doesn't change her decision the appeal goes to the next court up.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

Don't be so silly

An d get over it Amaral will win his appeal even if some of your ilk don't even accept he has lodged one  lolol mad of them or what
Predicting outcomes in this case is not wise as we have repeatedly seen.

ferryman

For me the jury is still out on whether Amaral has made an appeal ....

Offline Brietta

For me the jury is still out on whether Amaral has made an appeal ....

I think he may well have done as a matter of course;  whether it is allowed or not may be more newsworthy and will eventually get some attention from the Portuguese press.

I am finding the silence from Mr Amaral or his friends deafening.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

I think he may well have done as a matter of course;  whether it is allowed or not may be more newsworthy and will eventually get some attention from the Portuguese press.

Of course you are.

Wait and see. 8(0(*

Offline G-Unit

It doesn't have to be allowed, it's been filed. The judge then decides whether she agrees. If she does she changes her ruling. If she doesn't she passes it up to the next highest court. If that court agrees with the first judge the ruling stands and the process ends. If that court disagrees with the first judge the case then goes to the highest court and they decide. Clear? What exactly do you expect them to say? It's now a waiting game.....patience is a virtue.  @)(++(*
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Montclair

As soon as the judge decides whether the appeal is allowed to proceed, we will know immediately IMO.
If the judge says "yes". Mr Amaral will tell us.
If the judge says "no", both Mr Amaral and his opponent will tell us.

The judge in the civil court cannot stop the appeal from proceeding. If she does not accepts the argument in his appeal, she maintains her decision and then she sends his appeal to the Tribunal da Relação. The judge cannot bin the appeal and stop it from going to a higher court.

Offline John

The judge in the civil court cannot stop the appeal from proceeding. If she does not accepts the argument in his appeal, she maintains her decision and then she sends his appeal to the Tribunal da Relação. The judge cannot bin the appeal and stop it from going to a higher court.

Thank you for clarifying this issue Montclair.  Portuguese Law certainly continues to challenge most of us as this case proceeds to the next round.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

Thank you for clarifying this issue Montclair.  Portuguese Law certainly continues to challenge most of us as this case proceeds to the next round.

Seconded.

Offline Mr Gray

so this could drag on for years....meanwhile the book is banned and amaral has no money...that'll do for now

stephen25000

so this could drag on for years....meanwhile the book is banned and amaral has no money...that'll do for now

and the mccanns have not got any money from him, only ongoing legal bills.

That will do for now.