Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853033 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #2880 on: September 04, 2015, 08:09:11 PM »
and how many repeat donations to the mccanns get.

This criticism of the fund for Amaral's legal expenses is becoming increasingly ridiculous.

IMHO of course? 8)-)))

Precisely the situation regarding the fully audited fund which had to be set up to finance the search for a missing little girl who no-one in authority was looking for.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #2881 on: September 04, 2015, 08:18:52 PM »
Precisely the situation regarding the fully audited fund which had to be set up to finance the search for a missing little girl who no-one in authority was looking for.

I think both the PJ and the UK police might disagree with you. Who wasn't investigating when the fund was launched on 16th May, thirteen days after her disappearance?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #2882 on: September 04, 2015, 08:20:27 PM »
I think both the PJ and the UK police might disagree with you. Who wasn't investigating when the fund was launched on 16th May, thirteen days after her disappearance?

Indeed.

One gets the impression, setting up the fund was with a long term in mind.

As to the 'search'….......

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2883 on: September 04, 2015, 08:21:21 PM »

I would think the mccanns realised very early on how inept the PJ were and that they would need to organise things themselves

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2884 on: September 04, 2015, 08:24:52 PM »
Cheers; but the "counting" story has been done to death. Most sensible folk would read that as 2000 donations.
Any road oop me duck I would have thought the only relevant thing was 'ow much seein' as 'ow that's what counts in the long run.

Then they cannot read and that explains why some posters don't understand the evidence

stephen25000

« Reply #2885 on: September 04, 2015, 08:40:26 PM »
I would think the mccanns realised very early on how inept the PJ were and that they would need to organise things themselves

I think it was very obvious early on how inept the mccanns were at taking care of their children.

IMO of course.

The PJ weren't perfect and neither are SY.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:52:10 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2886 on: September 04, 2015, 08:52:32 PM »

They were certainly amazingly perceptive. They were criticising the Portuguese authorities on 3/4th May 2007. It was almost as if they made their minds up before the Portuguese police even got to the Ocean Club.
Result = happy posting.

stephen25000

« Reply #2887 on: September 04, 2015, 08:55:34 PM »
They were certainly amazingly perceptive. They were criticising the Portuguese authorities on 3/4th May 2007. It was almost as if they made their minds up before the Portuguese police even got to the Ocean Club.

Obviously the mccanns are infaliable and knew how to conduct an investigation into a missing child. 8**8:/:

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2888 on: September 04, 2015, 09:36:22 PM »

Perhaps by now they realise that it's not so easy as it looks. Loads of money spent and nothing achieved.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2889 on: September 04, 2015, 09:44:34 PM »
Perhaps by now they realise that it's not so easy as it looks. Loads of money spent and nothing achieved.

I think they are much happier with SY involved

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2890 on: September 04, 2015, 10:43:13 PM »
Restrictions on the Private Life of a Police Officer

Members must abstain from any activity which is likely to interfere with the impartial discharge of duty or likely to give rise to the impression that the activity may do so. Police officers are also required not to take any active part in politics.

http://glospolfed.org.uk/rules-and-regs/restrictions-on-the-private-life-of-a-police-officer/

I think you will find that police officers are very supportive of other police officers who have hit problems. What you seem to be suggesting is that it would illegal for the police federation paid for by policemen to assist a police officer in trouble.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2891 on: September 04, 2015, 10:47:38 PM »

Members must abstain from any activity which is likely to interfere with the impartial discharge of duty or likely to give rise to the impression that the activity may do so. Police officers are also required not to take any active part in politics.

http://glospolfed.org.uk/rules-and-regs/restrictions-on-the-private-life-of-a-police-officer/

One of the issues surrounding the McCann v Amaral case concerns whether restrictions as a police officer were void as soon as he had officially left or not.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2892 on: September 04, 2015, 10:51:57 PM »
One of the issues surrounding the McCann v Amaral case concerns whether restrictions as a police officer were void as soon as he had officially left or not.

I don't think England and Wales rules necessarily apply to Portuguese police. 
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline mercury

« Reply #2893 on: September 04, 2015, 10:55:02 PM »

I am not clear what is being talked about here. Are you saying no policeman as a private citizen can offer opinion on open cases? because, if so, that has certainly not been the case in this case. There has been a stream of retired Brit police offering their tuppence.

Offline Anna

« Reply #2894 on: September 04, 2015, 10:59:18 PM »
I am not clear what is being talked about here. Are you saying no policeman as a private citizen can offer opinion on open cases? because, if so, that has certainly not been the case in this case. There has been a stream of retired Brit police offering their tuppence.

I don't recall retired police officers being mentioned, Mercury. As to the quote it was information in response to another post, but you will have to read back for that.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato