Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853017 times)

stephen25000

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #2925 on: September 05, 2015, 10:22:07 AM »
Only to lose that one later.

We shall see what happens in about a years time.

meanwhile the legal bills continue to accrue.

Offline G-Unit

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #2926 on: September 05, 2015, 10:42:42 AM »
No not my opinion
Everyone knew apart from you it seems that amaral would appeal and the case could drag on for years

Does that mean 'everyone' knew that he was going to have the funds needed to appeal? I believe the appeal will be heard on 7th October. Quite quick, eh?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2927 on: September 05, 2015, 10:49:20 AM »
I'm sure the McCanns are well aware of how the Portuguese legal system grinds along by now - and their lawyer will have spelled it out to them anyway IMO.

I have no idea what the McCanns think of the fund.   Maybe they are glad to see the 'pity me' excuse of ''It's not fair - I'd love to appeal but I'm just too poverty stricken '  -  removed from the equation.

If Amaral is in a position (because of the fund) to carry out his stated intention of sueing not only the McCanns but their friends too - then I can't wait to see what his grounds will be for sueing people like Diana Webster for instance.

Any ideas?

No comment on the truthfulness or otherwise of UK newspapers then? You did suggest they lied.

I would think Amaral is concentrating on his appeal at the moment and not thinking too far ahead. His friends seem to have enough in the fund to pay for that. One step at a time is how detectives proceed I expect.
Result = happy posting.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2928 on: September 05, 2015, 10:58:46 AM »
Does that mean 'everyone' knew that he was going to have the funds needed to appeal? I believe the appeal will be heard on 7th October. Quite quick, eh?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2929 on: September 05, 2015, 11:06:15 AM »
Only to lose that one later.

Do you mean when the lower court re-instated the book ban rejected by the higher court? The higher court that this appeal may also reach eventually?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2930 on: September 05, 2015, 11:08:24 AM »

Is that the date of the hearing? Maybe it is. The letter said that that was when it was going to be sent to the appeals court, but I can't see why it wouldn't have been forwarded immediately.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2931 on: September 05, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »
I'm sure the McCanns are well aware of how the Portuguese legal system grinds along by now - and their lawyer will have spelled it out to them anyway IMO.

I have no idea what the McCanns think of the fund.   Maybe they are glad to see the 'pity me' excuse of ''It's not fair - I'd love to appeal but I'm just too poverty stricken '  -  removed from the equation.

If Amaral is in a position (because of the fund) to carry out his stated intention of sueing not only the McCanns but their friends too - then I can't wait to see what his grounds will be for sueing people.
Any ideas?

Any idea how the McCanns are funding the ongoing litigation ?  Seems stopping Amaral damaging the search for Madeleine can't now be used as a justification for using the fund as the judge said that that wasn't the case. Are the reports we have seen over the last few days about the McCanns moving money linked ?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 11:22:31 PM by John »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2932 on: September 05, 2015, 11:11:31 AM »
Yes looks like the first stage at least will be on 7th October.

"Elaborado em 02-09-2015 ...
Mais fica notificado de que os autos vão ser remetidos ao Tribunal de Relação de Lisboa, em 10.7.2015"

"Written on 02-09-2015 ...
Furthermore it is notified that the case will be referred to the Court of Appeal of Lisbon, on 07-10-2015"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3gMr83taymg/VehXJW2voXI/AAAAAAAAADI/6GrhuXoRxhM/s1600/Notificacao.jpg

Offline Carana

« Reply #2933 on: September 05, 2015, 11:17:03 AM »
Any idea how the McCanns are funding the ongoing litigation ?  Seems stopping Amaral damaging the search for Madeleine can't now be used as a justification for using the fund as the judge said that that wasn't the case. Are the reports we have seen over the last few days about the McCanns moving money linked ?

The judge found that it couldn't be proven that he had damaged the search. Nuance.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2934 on: September 05, 2015, 11:17:54 AM »
Is that the date of the hearing? Maybe it is. The letter said that that was when it was going to be sent to the appeals court, but I can't see why it wouldn't have been forwarded immediately.

I don't know, Carana. Maybe i read it wrong?
Result = happy posting.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2935 on: September 05, 2015, 11:22:12 AM »
Do you mean when the lower court re-instated the book ban rejected by the higher court? The higher court that this appeal may also reach eventually?

The Book is certainly Banned at the moment.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2936 on: September 05, 2015, 11:26:09 AM »
I don't know, Carana. Maybe i read it wrong?

I don't know, either. I can't think of any further steps that would delay it being transmitted once the judge had given the ok - so maybe it's just a strange way of formulating it.

It's only going to be three judges poring over it with laptops and coffee in any case (AFAIK). I'm not even sure if lawyers need to be present if it's just examining submitted documents.

ferryman

« Reply #2937 on: September 05, 2015, 11:29:10 AM »
and don't forget the Supreme Court, and The European Court of Human Rights......................

This case will go nowhere near the European Court of Human Rights ....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2938 on: September 05, 2015, 11:30:38 AM »
I wish to apologise to everyone for making a wrong prediction about 12 weeks ago.
Here it is
"And I am sure nobody will have any objection if the gofundme total raised increases to £40K when the Sun Mirror Mail Telegraph Guardian Times Independent BBC ITV and Sky all finally end their recent silence about it?..."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6269.msg246251#msg246251

In fact the gofundme total is now approaching £40K without any help at all from the Sun Mirror Mail Telegraph Guardian Times Independent BBC ITV and Sky.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 11:33:04 AM by pegasus »

stephen25000

« Reply #2939 on: September 05, 2015, 11:30:38 AM »
This case will go nowhere near the European Court of Human Rights ....

We shall see on that one.

Then again if Amaral wins his appeal, it won't be necessary. 8)-)))