Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853037 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3105 on: September 12, 2015, 07:00:30 PM »
Kate could simply write another book if money was tight...I'm sure it would be a best seller

Alfred R Jones

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3106 on: September 12, 2015, 07:06:36 PM »
I am intrigued as to why you seem to be so obsessed with commenting on his fund.  Yes he may have sufficient funds to pay his lawyer.

And your point is?
I guess the point is that Amaral is hugely popular with a large and devoted following ready to support him in any and every way, or something.  Just don't ask why this popularity isn't so evident in his native country.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:09:36 AM by John »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3107 on: September 13, 2015, 03:26:15 AM »
I guess the point is that Amaral is hugely popular with a large and devoted following ready to support him in any and every way, or something.  Just don't ask why this popularity isn't so evident in his native country.
Which is greater do you think? Donations from Portuguese public to PJGA, or donations from UK public to MF?

ferryman

« Reply #3108 on: September 13, 2015, 08:45:00 AM »
Which is greater do you think? Donations from Portuguese public to PJGA, or donations from UK public to MF?

Depends how you define greater?

Do you mean which is financially higher?

Or do you mean which is more noble?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3109 on: September 13, 2015, 09:41:35 AM »
without subjecting the Fund to forensic analysis I'm unable to state for certain but from what I have seen of the donors and comments left most of them seem to be from non-PT nationals.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3110 on: September 13, 2015, 09:58:11 AM »
Depends how you define greater?

Do you mean which is financially higher?

Or do you mean which is more noble?

A very subjective opinion I'm sure you'd agree.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline misty

« Reply #3111 on: September 13, 2015, 01:11:31 PM »

There is no need for donations to the FMF at present as the police are actively investigating.
Amaral, on the other hand, needs far more money than his supporters will ever donate to get out of his self-inflicted financial mess.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3112 on: September 13, 2015, 01:16:38 PM »
There is no need for donations to the FMF at present as the police are actively investigating.
Amaral, on the other hand, needs far more money than his supporters will ever donate to get out of his self-inflicted financial mess.

Just as well because after sending £££ on lawyers to fight liaible claims, who would want to donate? They do not promote transperancy as was promised with their accounts. Would they really be using the money to 'find Madeliene'
If two poloce forces couldn't?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3113 on: September 13, 2015, 05:21:56 PM »
Mr Mitchell on Sept 2nd clearly explained the need to have huge amounts of money ready now to finance the future search. So I think the fund would disagree that there is no need for donations - and this is proven by the fact their donation page is open today - how can they have money ready for the future search if no-one donates?

Offline Carana

« Reply #3114 on: September 17, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »

MATTERS TO BE DECIDED

In view of the requests made, the decision on the merits essentially depends on the answer to the following question :

- Are the book written by the defendant Goncalo Amaral, the adaptation of this book for the audiovisual documentary and the interview given by the same defendant illicit /anti-juridical according to article 484° of the Civil Procedure Code ?

In response attempt will travel the following discussion levels :
(snip)

The Civil Procedure Code has been difficult to pin down as it has been through major revisons with a sand-blast through it all. I'm not even sure if this is the relevant one, but it makes more sense than a diferent (older) article bearing the same number:

Artigo 484.º (art.º 586.º CPC 1961)
Relatório pericial   
1 - O resultado da perícia é expresso em relatório, no qual o perito ou peritos se pronunciam fundamentadamente sobre o respetivo objeto.

2 - Tratando-se de perícia colegial, se não houver unanimidade, o discordante apresenta as suas razões.
3 - Se o juiz assistir à inspeção e o perito puder de imediato pronunciar-se, o relatório é ditado para a ata.

http://www.pgdlisboa.pt/leis/lei_busca_assunto_diploma.php?buscajur=484&artigo_id=&pagina=1&ficha=1&nid=1959&tabela=leis&diplomas=&artigos=

ferryman

« Reply #3115 on: September 22, 2015, 08:08:32 AM »
The judge declined to find it 'proved' that a book accusing them of knowing Madeleine was dead, causing her death, covering up the "fact" of her death and fabricating an "abduction" didn't harm the search for Madeleine.

Even the judge didn't get everything right.

But I think she might well have couched her judgment so as to make it difficult for Amaral to sustain an appeal.

I would applaud that if so.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:17:46 AM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3116 on: September 22, 2015, 08:21:39 AM »
The judge declined to find it 'proved' that a book accusing them of knowing Madeleine was dead, causing her death, covering up the "fact" of her death and fabricating an "abduction" didn't harm the search for Madeleine.

But I think she might well have couched her judgment so as to make it difficult for Amaral to sustain an appeal.

you are absolutely right...by allowing only the veru strong points which may be impossible to successfully appeal the judge has made amaral's appeal very difficult....what a smart move

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3117 on: September 22, 2015, 08:25:31 AM »

I think you may have mangled your negatives there?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

« Reply #3118 on: September 22, 2015, 08:34:08 AM »

Of course you would applaud if that was true.

However, you better wait for the appeal, hadn't you. 8**8:/:

Offline Montclair

« Reply #3119 on: September 22, 2015, 10:31:22 AM »
Simply amazing to see that the fund is now at £ 47.000,00!!! Two donations of £ 4.000,00 each were made this morning.

The comment for the first donation is as follows:

De um grupo anónimo de funcionários de empresas e do meio legal que estão estupefactos com o que aconteceu. Portugal e a Grã-Bretanha são velhos aliados, mas os McCann e os tablóides britânicos tentaram separar-nos. Todos vemos perfeitamente aquilo que estão a tentar fazer, congelando os bens do Dr Amaral para o impedir de se defender, enquanto usam os milhões que lhes foram doados pelo público para o processar. Isto não é justiça. Isto está errado. Os McCann perderam 5 das suas 7 pretensões, mas a imprensa britânica não o reportou, nem tão-pouco reportou as palavras duras utilizadas pela juíza em relação às suas supostas 'provas'. Têm de pagar 60% das custas, mas a imprensa britânica não o reportou. Esta pequena doação destina-se a assegurar que este venenoso acto de ódio não seja bem sucedido. Acreditamos que um dia a verdade será contada, embora seja improvável que sejam os pais a fazê-lo.

Translation:

From a group of company workers and of the legal system who are stupefied with what has happened. Portugal and Great Britain are old allies, but the McCanns and the British tabloids have tried to separate us. We all see perfectly what they are trying to do, freezing Dr. Amaral's assets in order to keep him from defending himself, while they use the millions that were donated by the public to sue him. This is not justice. This is wrong. The McCanns lost 5 of their 7 claims, but the British press hasn't reported it, neither did they report the harsh words used by the judge in relation to their presumed "proof". They must pay 60% of the costs, but the British press has not reported it. This small donation is to ensure that this venomous act of hate will not succeed. We believe that one day the truth will be told, although it will be improbable that it will be the parents who will do it.