Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853210 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3225 on: September 22, 2015, 06:26:25 PM »
No
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

ferryman

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3226 on: September 22, 2015, 06:26:42 PM »
Hmmm ... which would go some way to explaining why the donation was in Sterling and not Euros.

I could be wrong.  But I confess I thought all contributions were (at least recorded) in sterling rather than euros.

Of course, I will now go back and check and find I'm wrong ....

Offline Carana

« Reply #3227 on: September 22, 2015, 06:27:41 PM »
Because the gofundme site is vastly better than the PJGA site.
Donations appear instantly, donators can publically state why they are donating, people can see others 'donations instantly, read why they donated, vote on them, and think "oh I see someone has just donated 8K, I have my card here I think I will donate twenty pounds". There is no such interaction on the PJGA or MFNSLUL sites.

Why would that stop FB users from plugging the PJGA one and interacting there?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3228 on: September 22, 2015, 06:27:50 PM »
True but the "donate" buttons on the website remain in good working order (as of 15 minutes ago). So the website owners have a different view it would seem

Did I suggest otherwise?

Is there any particular reason you think that people who wish to donate to Madeleine's Fund should not be able to do what they want to do with their own money?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3229 on: September 22, 2015, 06:30:55 PM »
Not uniquely no.

I am pleased to have your assurance on that as I was beginning to feel a tad 'pursued' of late.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3230 on: September 22, 2015, 06:32:09 PM »
Given the Amaral Beer and Baccy fund is now 4 grand (ish) better off than it was, is it really of any consequence where it came from? Or for that matter is it of consequence where the donors claim it came from and who they claim to be?
Have they done anything illegal?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3231 on: September 22, 2015, 06:33:50 PM »
                                                              Did I suggest otherwise?

Is there any particular reason you think that people who wish to donate to Madeleine's Fund should not be able to do what they want to do with their own money?

Did I say anything to the contrary?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline jassi

« Reply #3232 on: September 22, 2015, 06:34:29 PM »
Given the Amaral Beer and Baccy fund is now 4 grand (ish) better off than it was, is it really of any consequence where it came from? Or for that matter is it of consequence where the donors claim it came from and who they claim to be?

Not at all, but why pass up the opportunity to critisise anything remotely Amarlish ?  @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #3233 on: September 22, 2015, 06:35:14 PM »
I could be wrong.  But I confess I thought all contributions were (at least recorded) in sterling rather than euros.

Of course, I will now go back and check and find I'm wrong ....

Donations on the GFM appear to be required in £, unless there's an option somewhere. Even if there is, someone has to pay the FX.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3234 on: September 22, 2015, 06:43:02 PM »
Dunno.  We don't even know if the Fund really IS better off, or if this donation has simply been recycled from earlier donations. 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3235 on: September 22, 2015, 06:59:55 PM »
Did I say anything to the contrary?

As if ... that would be to belie the unbiased approach you profess in all things McCann ... surely you were merely rejoicing that ...  "the donate buttons on the website (Madeleine McCann's) remain in good working order".

I am content that people who wish to are able to continue to make contributions to Madeleine's Fund ... just as there are those happy to contribute to Mr Amaral's Fund. But thanks for checking the status of Madeleine's Fund, anyway ... it is good to keep up to speed with these things.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3236 on: September 22, 2015, 07:34:06 PM »
As if ... that would be to belie the unbiased approach you profess in all things McCann ... surely you were merely rejoicing that ...  "the donate buttons on the website (Madeleine McCann's) remain in good working order".

I am content that people who wish to are able to continue to make contributions to Madeleine's Fund ... just as there are those happy to contribute to Mr Amaral's Fund. But thanks for checking the status of Madeleine's Fund, anyway ... it is good to keep up to speed with these things.

You seem to be deflecting.
You said this did you not?
Madeleine's Fund is dedicated to looking for Madeleine ... remember her?  the missing child.

At the moment there is no requirement for her parents to raise money for that ... as the people who have the legal right and the legal powers to do that are currently so doing.

Why do you persist in asking such an unnecessary question ... what point are you trying to make?

"At the moment there is no requirement for her parents to raise money for that"[the search].

I was merely pointing out that whether or not there is a requirement for it, and you say there isn't, they are still raising money for it.
Why be so reticent about it.
It seems to bother you more than it does me.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3237 on: September 22, 2015, 07:38:49 PM »

Keeping up to speed... the MFLNSU site on its "about" page says
"... To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family."
Is that true or a fib?

Offline mercury

« Reply #3238 on: September 22, 2015, 08:18:36 PM »
Gosh,all this spleen venting for a measly 45k for the defence of a vilified man just doing his job, but not a single question about the mllions running into and out of  the Maddie Fund and not shown transparently

SSDD

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3239 on: September 22, 2015, 08:29:09 PM »
Gosh,all this spleen venting for a measly 45k for the defence of a vilified man just doing his job, but not a single question about the mllions running into and out of  the Maddie Fund and not shown transparently

SSDD
BTW it's 47.23 K actually. And yes I've posed some questions about the opposite fund - like the mysterious third aim their website claims still exists.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 08:32:28 PM by pegasus »