Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853432 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3240 on: September 22, 2015, 08:32:05 PM »
BTW it's 47.23 K actually. And yes I've posed some questions about it - like the mysterious third object they claim still exists.

Sorry Pegs, third object?

Offline pegasus

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3241 on: September 22, 2015, 08:34:26 PM »
Sorry Pegs, third object?
"... To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family."

Offline mercury

« Reply #3242 on: September 22, 2015, 08:41:11 PM »
"... To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family."

Oh I see, objective!Yes.
Apparently IIRC  ths has been removed from the Funds aims/terms whatever they are called, don't know much about why and when or why it was there in the first place...maybe for thngs like travel expenses and the like, certainly NOT to bankroll them sueing people or using PR agencies to improve their reputations!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3243 on: September 22, 2015, 08:43:40 PM »
You seem to be deflecting.
You said this did you not?
Madeleine's Fund is dedicated to looking for Madeleine ... remember her?  the missing child.

At the moment there is no requirement for her parents to raise money for that ... as the people who have the legal right and the legal powers to do that are currently so doing.

Why do you persist in asking such an unnecessary question ... what point are you trying to make?

"At the moment there is no requirement for her parents to raise money for that"[the search].

I was merely pointing out that whether or not there is a requirement for it, and you say there isn't, they are still raising money for it.
Why be so reticent about it.
It seems to bother you more than it does me.

I can start my response to your opening statement with "not in the slightest" ...
Similarly I can end it with "not in the slightest" ...

As for the bit in between ... I am singularly relaxed about it even if you profess not to set store, which begs the rhetorical (that means I know the answer so don't worry about answering) question ... why bother? 
The reason I'm content is that Madeleine McCann is being looked for by professionals and Mr Amaral's fund is progressing by leaps and bounds and we may soon have the result of his appeal.

I would be of the opinion that you may have different hopes from me about the desired outcomes ... c'est la vie ...
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #3244 on: September 26, 2015, 01:22:55 AM »
Just had a gander in Twitter and seen some McCann supporters  alledging that Mr Amaral is money  laundering via gofundme appeal

*&*%£

very very very sad people, ah well, takes all sorts to make the world go around

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3245 on: September 26, 2015, 02:24:46 AM »
Just had a gander in Twitter and seen some McCann supporters  alledging that Mr Amaral is money  laundering via gofundme appeal

*&*%£

very very very sad people, ah well, takes all sorts to make the world go around
The fantastic things about the gfm appeal for pjga are:
1. Any organised attempts to post anti-Amaral comments there would face the interesting dilemma of having to donate at least five pounds per post towards Mr Amaral's legal expenses in order to do so.
2. Any organised attempts on other media to discredit that appeal (and there have been several before this childish money laundering allegation) simply result in a surge of donations to the appeal.

The irony is brilliant.

ferryman

« Reply #3246 on: September 26, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »
The PJGA clearly states its single object - to pay legal expenses of Mr Amaral.
Why on earth would they spend money on anything else? That is their only aim.

Has any attempt been made to calculate how much money they will need?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3247 on: September 26, 2015, 01:40:50 PM »

I think it would be dependent on what happens from here on in. If Amaral wins his appeal and the McCanns appeal that decision who knows how much time , or indeed money, this case will soak up before we see an end.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3248 on: September 26, 2015, 01:47:23 PM »
I've never seen a calculation.
But both sides will have been given by their respective portuguese lawyers a fairly accurate estimate of what their legal costs are likely to be, for various scenarios.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #3249 on: September 26, 2015, 01:49:20 PM »
I've never seen a calculation.
But both sides will have been given by their respective portuguese lawyers a fairly accurate estimate of what their legal costs are likely to be, in various scenarios.

to be honest i dont know why  mcann supporters  are  so upset  about people  raising money  for GA  the mcann  supporters  did it for the  mcanns     a  bit hypocritial i  think?  GA isnt  responsible for  whatever  did happen to maddie the  mcanns are   for their lack of childcare etc

ferryman

« Reply #3250 on: September 26, 2015, 02:23:08 PM »
to be honest i dont know why  mcann supporters  are  so upset  about people  raising money  for GA  the mcann  supporters  did it for the  mcanns     a  bit hypocritial i  think?  GA isnt  responsible for  whatever  did happen to maddie the  mcanns are   for their lack of childcare etc

No clue where you get the idea from that McCann supporters are upset.

Baffled as to what Amaral's grounds of appeal might be, perhaps.

But that's different ....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3251 on: September 26, 2015, 02:32:36 PM »
No clue where you get the idea from that McCann supporters are upset.

Baffled as to what Amaral's grounds of appeal might be, perhaps.

But that's different ....

The court clearly was not baffled as it allowed the appeal.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 02:41:16 PM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3252 on: September 26, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »
The court clearly was not baffled as they allowed the appeal.

appeal against what,...the judgement or the sentence

stephen25000

« Reply #3253 on: September 26, 2015, 02:46:23 PM »
l
Wait and see.

All will be unveiled in due course.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3254 on: September 26, 2015, 02:47:48 PM »

Who knows?
He would be able to appeal against either and both as he never admitted guilt.
Whatever the court found it acceptable.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey