Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853283 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3435 on: November 18, 2015, 05:30:58 PM »
The "raised by xxx people" counter is completely outside of the control of each appeal's organiser.
Do you realise that you seem to be accusing tens of thousands of honest gfmappeals of dishonesty by your standards? Every gfmappeal has the same counter Benice, please check for yourself.

Im fairly sure there have been claims made where the number of donations has been misrepresented as the number of donators

Offline pegasus

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3436 on: November 18, 2015, 05:49:57 PM »
Im fairly sure there have been claims made where the number of donations has been misrepresented as the number of donators
Davel if you had done the easy check I suggested you would realise you are making completely unfair allegations against tens of thousands of honest appeal organisers.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3437 on: November 18, 2015, 05:54:20 PM »
Davel if you had done the easy check I suggested you would realise you are making completely unfair allegations against tens of thousands of honest appeal organisers.

no I'm not...we have discussed this before and I am well aware of the point you are making

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3438 on: November 18, 2015, 05:58:41 PM »
The very best allegation that Mr Amaral's attackers could concoct against LB's honest appeal turns out to be an allegation that was made without the attackers doing the few seconds of research which would have saved them posting it and making no-one but themselves smell like elderberries and if people continue to make the allegation I intend to taunt them some more.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3439 on: November 18, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »
no I'm not...we have discussed this before and I am well aware of the point you are making
IMO criticising how a counter is worded is potkettle coming from those who were happy with with a 50% error when counting up to two.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3440 on: November 18, 2015, 06:09:42 PM »
IMO criticising how a counter is worded is potkettle coming from those who were happy with with a 50% error when counting up to two.

I'm not not criticising how it's worded I'm criticising those who have deliberately misrepresented it

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3441 on: November 18, 2015, 06:17:38 PM »
The very best allegation that Mr Amaral's attackers could concoct against LB's honest appeal turns out to be an allegation that was made without the attackers doing the few seconds of research which would have saved them posting it and making no-one but themselves smell like elderberries and if people continue to make the allegation I intend to taunt them some more.
What has happened is that Amaral's supporters have exploited the way GFM's page and stats are presented in order to make it appear that Amaral has more support than he actually has.  That is a fact, and you can taunt me all you like, nothing changes that fact. 

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3442 on: November 18, 2015, 06:20:24 PM »
I'm not not criticising how it's worded I'm criticising those who have deliberately misrepresented it
So you're claiming someone deliberately misrepresented it. Where? Do you have a link?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3443 on: November 18, 2015, 06:20:49 PM »
What has happened is that Amaral's supporters have exploited the way GFM's page and stats are presented in order to make it appear that Amaral has more support than he actually has.  That is a fact, and you can taunt me all you like, nothing changes that fact.

absolutely correct

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3444 on: November 18, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »
Do you have a link to any webpage where Amaral supporters exploit that?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3445 on: November 18, 2015, 06:28:36 PM »
Do you have a link to any webpage where Amaral supporters exploit that?
The GoFundMe page has all the evidence you require.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3446 on: November 18, 2015, 06:34:49 PM »
There would not appear to be too many golfers around here!
"It is not how that matters; it is how many".
How many people contributed is irrelevant as is the number of contributions. Sr Amaral got his dosh and submitted his appeal which was allowed; job jobbed.
So neither protagonist having landed a knock out blow in round one we await the result of round two.
Score for round one 10:9.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3447 on: November 18, 2015, 06:39:23 PM »
The GoFundMe page has all the evidence you require.
Can you post a link to any page where Amaral suppoters exploit the way a counter works?
Seems to me it is only Amaral attackers who exploit it - they can't find anything dodgy at all with PJGA so they resort to criticising a counter which was not written by LB nor by PJGA.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3448 on: November 18, 2015, 06:43:02 PM »
There would not appear to be too many golfers around here!
"It is not how that matters; it is how many".
How many people contributed is irrelevant as is the number of contributions. Sr Amaral got his dosh and submitted his appeal which was allowed; job jobbed.
So neither protagonist having landed a knock out blow in round one we await the result of round two.
Score for round one 10:9.
How many is relevant if you're wanting to give the impression that your hard up hero has huge international support.  Of course, we know that in the case of Amaral this is not so, hence the desperation on the part of a few hundred sad individuals to make multiple donations in order to boost their hero's ego and to make themselves feel that they are part of a very important and growing justice movement - haw! haw!. 

Not only that, but the GoFundMe comments facility for donations was used by a number of rabid propagandists to post links to "sceptic" facebook pages, blogs and to disseminate "facts" about the case, but quite who they believed they were reaching out to via this method of muck spreading is unclear as, from what I could see, they were simply preaching to the converted.  All rather pathetic, if you ask me, which you didn't.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3449 on: November 18, 2015, 06:44:52 PM »
Can you post a link to any page where Amaral suppoters exploit the way a counter works?
Seems to me it is only Amaral attackers who exploit it - they can't find anything dodgy at all with PJGA so they resort to criticising a counter which was not written by LB nor by PJGA.
I don't know what you're asking for - as I said already - all the evidence to support what I said was there clear as day on the page itself.  I reckon that's the main reason it was pulled as it all looked as hokey as hell.