Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853174 times)

Offline pegasus

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3450 on: November 18, 2015, 06:47:03 PM »
(snip) ... Sr Amaral got his dosh and submitted his appeal which was allowed; job jobbed...(snip)
Yes that's the important thing.

Offline pegasus

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3451 on: November 18, 2015, 06:57:22 PM »
I don't know what you're asking for - as I said already - all the evidence to support what I said was there clear as day on the page itself.  I reckon that's the main reason it was pulled as it all looked as hokey as hell.
Can you quote a single sentence from an Amaral supporter which exploits the way the counter works?
IMO you are not criticising LB or PJGA or Mr Amaral, you seem to be criticising on tens of thousands of appeal organisers all with same feature.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3452 on: November 18, 2015, 06:59:44 PM »
How many is relevant if you're wanting to give the impression that your hard up hero has huge international support.  Of course, we know that in the case of Amaral this is not so, hence the desperation on the part of a few hundred sad individuals to make multiple donations in order to boost their hero's ego and to make themselves feel that they are part of a very important and growing justice movement - haw! haw!. 

Not only that, but the GoFundMe comments facility for donations was used by a number of rabid propagandists to post links to "sceptic" facebook pages, blogs and to disseminate "facts" about the case, but quite who they believed they were reaching out to via this method of muck spreading is unclear as, from what I could see, they were simply preaching to the converted.  All rather pathetic, if you ask me, which you didn't.

What was the original objective do you suppose ?
Seemingly it was to raise a shedful of moolah to be able to submit an appeal. Say he needed 50 grand. That can arrive in one contribution of 50k from one person or 50,000 x 1 contributions from 200 people pretending to be 50,000 the net result is the same.
Objective achieved the job's a goodun how information was used may be under the arm in your opinion but it is neither illegal nor against the rules.
It then goes on to round two.
Live with it.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3453 on: November 18, 2015, 07:05:55 PM »
What was the original objective do you suppose ?
Seemingly it was to raise a shedful of moolah to be able to submit an appeal. Say he needed 50 grand. That can arrive in one contribution of 50k from one person or 50,000 x 1 contributions from 200 people pretending to be 50,000 the net result is the same.
Objective achieved the job's a goodun how information was used may be under the arm in your opinion but it is neither illegal nor against the rules.
It then goes on to round two.
Live with it.
Of course being the suspicious type I very much doubt £50k was actually raised - the way GoFundMe works you could easily recycle money to give the impression that more was raised than it actually was, even at a percentage cost to the overall actual total.  And then of course, there were the fake donors, such as the Sun journo, Jim Gamble, a bunch of Met officers etc.  The whole thing stinks like a 10 day old sardine, but of course none of this is of any interest whatsoever to the likes of you, is it...? Of course not!
Meantime, I'm struggling to live with it...but it's hard. @)(++(*

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3454 on: November 18, 2015, 07:07:53 PM »
Can you quote a single sentence from an Amaral supporter which exploits the way the counter works?
IMO you are not criticising LB or PJGA or Mr Amaral, you seem to be criticising on tens of thousands of appeal organisers all with same feature.
The fact that the same individuals clearly donated over and over again, week in week out in small amounts exploits the way the page works, to give the impression of more support than there actually is.  If you disagree, then your prerogative, your entitled to your opinion, but to a sceptic like me, it stinks.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 01:38:58 AM by John »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3455 on: November 18, 2015, 07:08:52 PM »
Off topic old son the thread is about Sr Amarals confirmation he will appeal.
Start a thread about Sr Amaral's support perceived or otherwise.
I think the customary response to such orders is - "who made you a Mod"? 

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3456 on: November 18, 2015, 07:13:03 PM »
Here's a question - does Amaral enjoy massive support for his appeal both here and in his own country?  If so, please provide the evidence.
Some portuguese people have donated money to pay Mr Amarals legal costs in this libel case.

Has any member of the GBP has knowingly donated a halfpenny to pay the other side's legal costs of launching the case or of the current appeal?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3457 on: November 18, 2015, 07:18:02 PM »
Can you post a link to any page where Amaral suppoters exploit the way a counter works?
Seems to me it is only Amaral attackers who exploit it - they can't find anything dodgy at all with PJGA so they resort to criticising a counter which was not written by LB nor by PJGA.

The worst thing about the gofundeme page for me was the amount of lies in the posts. What we are all interested in I would have thought is the truth

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3458 on: November 18, 2015, 07:25:37 PM »
The fact that the same individuals clearly donated over and over again, week in week out in small amounts exploits the way the page works, to give the impression of more support than there actually is.  If you disagree, then your prerogative, your entitled to your opinion, but to a sceptic like me, it stinks.
OK let's do a repeat donation frequency comparision between the GFMPJGA appeal and the MFLNSUL appeal oh sorry cancel that, the donation history and amounts there are so highly transparent I can't see them.

stephen25000

« Reply #3459 on: November 18, 2015, 07:27:46 PM »
The worst thing about the gofundeme page for me was the amount of lies in the posts. What we are all interested in I would have thought is the truth

No.

You and your fellows interest, is simply defending the mccanns.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3460 on: November 18, 2015, 07:38:00 PM »
Agreed and a few of of the most unpleasant comments got me briefly wondering could they be by some anti-Amaral maniper posing as supporters to devalue the whole appeal in the press's eyes. Unlikely but if so the irony would be they had to pay at least a fiver a time and their money is being put to good use.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3461 on: November 18, 2015, 07:51:12 PM »
Agreed and a few of of the most unpleasant comments got me briefly wondering could they be by some anti-Amaral maniper posing as supporters to devalue the whole appeal in the press's eyes. Unlikely but if so the irony would be they had to pay at least a fiver a time and their money is being put to good use.

you should remember that Baulch would have been able to remove any post she didn't like.......I think they were all genuine amaral supporters

Offline mercury

« Reply #3462 on: November 18, 2015, 08:43:39 PM »

@)(++(*

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3463 on: November 18, 2015, 11:14:34 PM »
Of course being the suspicious type I very much doubt £50k was actually raised - the way GoFundMe works you could easily recycle money to give the impression that more was raised than it actually was, even at a percentage cost to the overall actual total.  And then of course, there were the fake donors, such as the Sun journo, Jim Gamble, a bunch of Met officers etc.  The whole thing stinks like a 10 day old sardine, but of course none of this is of any interest whatsoever to the likes of you, is it...? Of course not!
Meantime, I'm struggling to live with it...but it's hard. @)(++(*

Straw clutching 101.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3464 on: November 18, 2015, 11:15:57 PM »
OK let's do a repeat donation frequency comparision between the GFMPJGA appeal and the MFLNSUL appeal oh sorry cancel that, the donation history and amounts there are so highly transparent I can't see them.

Very true.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.