Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853422 times)

stephen25000

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3510 on: November 19, 2015, 02:32:54 PM »
Amaral's lies (at most damning)/inaccuracies (at most charitable) that traduce reputation are deeply relevant to a libel trial.

Crime undetermined ferryman.

Remember that.

Offline jassi

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3511 on: November 19, 2015, 02:35:25 PM »
and wait and see what Grange says rather than speculating about the parents role

Indeed, its all a question of wait and see.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3512 on: November 19, 2015, 02:39:03 PM »
Amaral's lies (at most damning)/inaccuracies (at most charitable) that traduce reputation are deeply relevant to a libel trial.

Please provide a cite showing what the judge said about Amaral's 'lies'.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3513 on: November 19, 2015, 02:44:45 PM »
And there was me paying you the (comparative) compliment of assuming you'd read the files (and Amaral's book) ...

They have to cover all possibilities but you can't accuse anybody of murder without evidence and Amaral has never done so. When has Amaral said it was murder? Of course they investigate the possibility.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

ferryman

« Reply #3514 on: November 19, 2015, 02:46:39 PM »
Please provide a cite showing what the judge said about Amaral's 'lies'.

Probably in written submissions.

Instead I will cite an example of (one of) Amaral's lies:

After a week of intense work, Harrison presents the results of his study to my coordinating group. Even if we were expecting it, his conclusions confirm our worst fears. The most plausible scenario is the following: there is no doubt that Madeleine is dead, and her body is hidden somewhere in the area around Praia da Luz.

(More in an edit) ...

Penultimate sentence and paragraph of Harrison's final report.

I am currently of the opinion on the available information and statistical datasets that if death has occurred, that it is possible that Madeleine McCann’s body has been disposed into the sea at Praia da Luz. (See my second report entitled “NPIA OP TASK Search Doc Beach and Marine”).

Spot the lie.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 02:52:29 PM by ferryman »

ferryman

« Reply #3515 on: November 19, 2015, 02:55:28 PM »
They have to cover all possibilities but you can't accuse anybody of murder without evidence and Amaral has never done so. When has Amaral said it was murder? Of course they investigate the possibility.

Amaral said (in an interview to the Spanish El Mundo magazine) no one talked about murder.

Amaral either lied or was incompetent ...

Q - What do you think could have happened that night?

A - Both the British and Portuguese police, and even the prosecutor, who has already changed his mind, thought the same.. I We talked about death by others, not murder In the room, blood and cadaver odour was found just below a window where a sofa was. The father was talking to a friend just outside that window for a while. The girl was not a heavy sleeper, that's what the parents said. Perhaps she heard her father and climbed to the sofa below the window. But the parents, for the girl not to go out, moved it away from the wall. Madeleine could have fallen.

(Goncalo Amaral, El Mundo)

So which is it? 

Was Amaral incompetent?

Or did he lie?

Fourth article down:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id165.html
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 03:08:41 PM by ferryman »

stephen25000

« Reply #3516 on: November 19, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »
Amaral said (in an interview to the Spanish El Mundo magazine) no one talked about murder.

So which is it? 

Was Amaral incompetent?

Or did he lie?

Fourth article down:

Crime undetermined ferryman.

Your fixation with Amaral knows no bounds. 8)-)))

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3517 on: November 19, 2015, 03:54:43 PM »
pegasus, Slarti and possibly Alice seem to be in a state of denial regarding the purpose of this Fund.  Of secondary importance was raising money for the hard-up hero, clearly its primary objective was as a point scoring exercise and propaganda vehicle. If you can't see that, then that's because you choose not to.  Your choice.

You may be right, however I have given it no more thought than: "The donations accompanied by funny names and purporting to be possibly from someone else etc are doubtless from the type of person who writes to the local rag or national press and signs themselves R.Sole, Alf Huckett or Don Kiddick". I treat them with the same sort of suspicion. The first suspicion has to be, did they mean it as some subversive plot or did they do it just to see if it would get through? In this instance five euros is five euros whatever the motive. As for who has most support out of Drs McCann and Sr Amaral I don't care, can't see its relevance to a case at law, can't see a way of measuring it accurately and generally don't give a rat's ass about a popularity poll faked or otherwise between the two protagonists.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3518 on: November 19, 2015, 05:23:42 PM »
You may be right, however I have given it no more thought than: "The donations accompanied by funny names and purporting to be possibly from someone else etc are doubtless from the type of person who writes to the local rag or national press and signs themselves R.Sole, Alf Huckett or Don Kiddick". I treat them with the same sort of suspicion. The first suspicion has to be, did they mean it as some subversive plot or did they do it just to see if it would get through? In this instance five euros is five euros whatever the motive. As for who has most support out of Drs McCann and Sr Amaral I don't care, can't see its relevance to a case at law, can't see a way of measuring it accurately and generally don't give a rat's ass about a popularity poll faked or otherwise between the two protagonists.
Fairy Snuff.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3519 on: November 19, 2015, 06:09:54 PM »

So which is it? 

Was Amaral incompetent?

Or did he lie?

Fourth article down:

GA: I do not believe that the parents killed her.

Q - So, what are we talking about?

A - About an accident. The child could have fallen from a sofa, could have had an accident with Calpol (a sleeping pill (sic: solution)). We never had access to the girl's medical history, so we don't know whether she was healthy or not. We can only speculate. There are many very strange details.

A - Both the British and Portuguese police, and even the prosecutor, who has already changed his mind, thought the same. We talked about death by others, not murder. In the room, blood and cadaver odour was found just below a window where a sofa was. The father was talking to a friend just outside that window for a while. The girl was not a heavy sleeper, that's what the parents said. Perhaps she heard her father and climbed to the sofa below the window. But the parents, for the girl not to go out, moved it away from the wall. Madeleine could have fallen.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

ferryman

« Reply #3520 on: November 19, 2015, 06:34:05 PM »
GA: I do not believe that the parents killed her.

Q - So, what are we talking about?

A - About an accident. The child could have fallen from a sofa, could have had an accident with Calpol (a sleeping pill (sic: solution)). We never had access to the girl's medical history, so we don't know whether she was healthy or not. We can only speculate. There are many very strange details.

A - Both the British and Portuguese police, and even the prosecutor, who has already changed his mind, thought the same. We talked about death by others, not murder. In the room, blood and cadaver odour was found just below a window where a sofa was. The father was talking to a friend just outside that window for a while. The girl was not a heavy sleeper, that's what the parents said. Perhaps she heard her father and climbed to the sofa below the window. But the parents, for the girl not to go out, moved it away from the wall. Madeleine could have fallen.

Mark Harrison was tasked to investigate that Madeleine had been murdered  ....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3521 on: November 19, 2015, 06:55:47 PM »
Probably in written submissions.

Instead I will cite an example of (one of) Amaral's lies:

After a week of intense work, Harrison presents the results of his study to my coordinating group. Even if we were expecting it, his conclusions confirm our worst fears. The most plausible scenario is the following: there is no doubt that Madeleine is dead, and her body is hidden somewhere in the area around Praia da Luz.

(More in an edit) ...

Penultimate sentence and paragraph of Harrison's final report.

I am currently of the opinion on the available information and statistical datasets that if death has occurred, that it is possible that Madeleine McCann’s body has been disposed into the sea at Praia da Luz. (See my second report entitled “NPIA OP TASK Search Doc Beach and Marine”).

Spot the lie.

The judge's comments i asked for. If you are arguing that the judge's ruling was about Amaral's lies you should be able to provide details of what she said.
Result = happy posting.

ferryman

« Reply #3522 on: November 19, 2015, 07:01:46 PM »
The judge's comments i asked for. If you are arguing that the judge's ruling was about Amaral's lies you should be able to provide details of what she said.

We don't see written submissions on line.

We do know that Santos made a plea that proceedings be in camera to protect Madeleine lest Madeleine be alive.

Seeing as he was Amaral's lawyer, and seeing as Amaral alleges that Kate and Gerry caused her death and covered up the alleged 'fact' of her death, that is highly significant.

As is the fact that Harrison was tasked, by the PJ, to investigate that Madeleine had been 'murdered', contrary to the claim of Amaral that Harrison (himself) turned the investigation into one for a little girl assumed dead.

I'm unclear why you think, in a libel trial, that Amaral's lies don't matter?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3523 on: November 19, 2015, 07:47:30 PM »
We don't see written submissions on line.

We do know that Santos made a plea that proceedings be in camera to protect Madeleine lest Madeleine be alive.

Seeing as he was Amaral's lawyer, and seeing as Amaral alleges that Kate and Gerry caused her death and covered up the alleged 'fact' of her death, that is highly significant.

As is the fact that Harrison was tasked, by the PJ, to investigate that Madeleine had been 'murdered', contrary to the claim of Amaral that Harrison (himself) turned the investigation into one for a little girl assumed dead.

I'm unclear why you think, in a libel trial, that Amaral's lies don't matter?

I can only comment on what the judge said. Your opinion means nothing. We're all entitled to an opinion, but the judge decided he wasn't entitled to disseminate his. truth or otherwise didn't come into it. Wisely, because no-one knows what happened to the child.
Result = happy posting.

ferryman

« Reply #3524 on: November 19, 2015, 07:49:09 PM »
I can only comment on what the judge said. Your opinion means nothing. We're all entitled to an opinion, but the judge decided he wasn't entitled to disseminate his. truth or otherwise didn't come into it. Wisely, because no-one knows what happened to the child.

The judge commented that the McCanns are innocent ...