Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853299 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3615 on: November 27, 2015, 03:02:37 PM »
I shan't quibble with the questionmarks ....

You don't think round one was scored 10:9 then?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

ferryman

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3616 on: November 27, 2015, 03:04:16 PM »
You don't think round one was scored 10:9 then?

I incline to the view that the gap was a little wider than that ....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3617 on: November 27, 2015, 03:18:06 PM »
I incline to the view that the gap was a little wider than that ....

I don't see anyone was knocked down or even had a mandatory "standing eight count" so no points to be deducted.
In the end it was who would you rather have been in the ring?  Ten to them and nine to other geezer.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3618 on: November 27, 2015, 03:57:58 PM »
Round 1 10:9 McCann:Amaral
Round 2 ?
Round 3 ?

from what I can see the only action amaral won was the one the mccanns did not contend

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3619 on: November 27, 2015, 04:10:00 PM »
from what I can see the only action amaral won was the one the mccanns did not contend

I am only talking about the "libel trial". What are you talking about ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3620 on: November 27, 2015, 04:19:10 PM »

the mccanns won the libel trial

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3621 on: November 27, 2015, 04:23:57 PM »
There is one round, at least, to go in that fight.
After round one the score is 10:9 in favour of McCann.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3622 on: November 27, 2015, 04:28:45 PM »
There is one round, at least, to go in that fight.
After round one the score is 10:9 in favour of McCann.

bit like saying you came second in a boxing match

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3623 on: November 27, 2015, 04:39:31 PM »

The action named 5 people. Two of them got a payout, three didn't. It also mentioned harm done to the search for Madeleine - not proven.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3624 on: November 27, 2015, 04:49:44 PM »
The action named 5 people. Two of them got a payout, three didn't. It also mentioned harm done to the search for Madeleine - not proven.

so it seems to you the mccanns lost the trial about 8 to 2...makes you wonder why amaral is apppealing

ferryman

« Reply #3625 on: November 27, 2015, 04:51:45 PM »

Amaral didn't libel Madeleine  or the twins ....

stephen25000

« Reply #3626 on: November 27, 2015, 04:55:13 PM »

On how many counts did they fail to win in court ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3627 on: November 27, 2015, 05:09:51 PM »
Amaral didn't libel Madeleine  or the twins ....

Seems team McCann need telling about that;

In a statement issued by their family spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, they said: “We are delighted with the judge’s verdict today. We want to emphasise the action was never about money. It was entirely focused on the effect of the libels on our other children and the damage that was done to the search for Madeleine.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/apr/28/madeleine-mccann-parents-win-libel-damages-goncalo-amaral-trial
Result = happy posting.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3628 on: November 27, 2015, 05:12:05 PM »
Seems team McCann need telling about that;

In a statement issued by their family spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, they said: “We are delighted with the judge’s verdict today. We want to emphasise the action was never about money. It was entirely focused on the effect of the libels on our other children and the damage that was done to the search for Madeleine.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/apr/28/madeleine-mccann-parents-win-libel-damages-goncalo-amaral-trial
that doesn't claim the children were libelled, only that they were damaged by the libels their parents suffered.  I thought you were supposed to be reasonably intelligent?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3629 on: November 27, 2015, 05:14:48 PM »
that doesn't claim the children were libelled, only that they were damaged by the libels their parents suffered.  I thought you were supposed to be reasonably intelligent?

How were their 'other' children damaged then? what about the 'search' comment?
Result = happy posting.