Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853186 times)

ferryman

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3675 on: November 27, 2015, 10:21:27 PM »
Let's have the cite you seem to think exists.

You've had the cites.

You may not have understood the cites, but that's different ...

Offline mercury

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3676 on: November 27, 2015, 11:04:03 PM »
Could you just provide a cite for where the McCanns have made an appeal for money to fund their legal fees for the action against Amaral?  Thanks.

They didnt have to, they could spend all ther donations and libel payments and book revenues as they wished

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3677 on: November 27, 2015, 11:06:46 PM »
what has he lost as yet...access to his own money......his own countries court has supported the mccannns...fact...
if you don't think he's devastated you are a banana

His funds were sequestered before this trial started.
His country's own courts have yet to finish ruling.
I am a banana?
You would appear not to be as well educated as you would have us all believe if your vocabulary is such that you can only find puerile comments to make.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #3678 on: November 27, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »
Oh dear.  It seems it a case of 'and some fell on stony ground' in your case, Alice.

The banana reference related to one Hislop I.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3679 on: November 27, 2015, 11:49:38 PM »
Could you just provide a cite for where the McCanns have made an appeal for money to fund their legal fees for the action against Amaral?  Thanks.
Yes. Source is the directors' report for the year ended 31 March 2010
"... we have ... continued to pay for legal representation ... to obtain an injunction banning Mr Amaral from ..."

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #3680 on: November 28, 2015, 12:07:57 AM »
"... we have ... continued to pay for legal representation ... to obtain an injunction banning Mr Amaral from ..."

Where havevthe mccanns or their supporters made an appeal for funds to pay for their legal fees?

Offline mercury

« Reply #3681 on: November 28, 2015, 12:09:51 AM »
"... we have ... continued to pay for legal representation ... to obtain an injunction banning Mr Amaral from ...
They had the  luxury of saying if they wanted to kit was from libel payments not donations.not that it was proved
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 01:15:39 AM by mercury »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #3682 on: November 28, 2015, 02:46:31 AM »
They had the  luxury of saying if they wanted to kit was from libel payments not donations.not that it was proved
They accepted donations to fund searching and spent some of that money on obtaining an injunction against the book because they said the book was harming the search.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3683 on: November 28, 2015, 08:18:32 AM »
His funds were sequestered before this trial started.
His country's own courts have yet to finish ruling.
I am a banana?
You would appear not to be as well educated as you would have us all believe if your vocabulary is such that you can only find puerile comments to make.
the banana reference was made by Ian Hislop...educated at Oxford...if he's not well educated then I'm a banana

Offline mercury

« Reply #3684 on: November 29, 2015, 01:29:21 AM »
I hope Mr Amaral wins his appeal

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3685 on: November 29, 2015, 11:21:51 AM »
Oh dear.  It seems it a case of 'and some fell on stony ground' in your case, Alice.

The banana reference related to one Hislop I.
Is he one of Sr Amaral's aides?
No comment from you on the rest of the post then J-P ? on that basis one must assume you have have no argument with it.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3686 on: November 29, 2015, 12:11:20 PM »
Is he one of Sr Amaral's aides?
No comment from you on the rest of the post then J-P ? on that basis one must assume you have have no argument with it.

No he's a very well educated TV personality but as he has never been on coronation st it seems neither you or any of the sceptic community have heard of him

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3687 on: November 29, 2015, 12:26:01 PM »
No he's a very well educated TV personality but as he has never been on coronation st it seems neither you or any of the sceptic community have heard of him

As you can find nothing sensible to say I presume you agree with rest of the post as well?
Like Amaral's country's courts remain in deliberation among other things.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3688 on: November 29, 2015, 01:08:28 PM »
As you can find nothing sensible to say I presume you agree with rest of the post as well?
Like Amaral's country's courts remain in deliberation among other things.

we don't know...we know he has appealed...but against the sentence or the judgement. The wording judgement shows to me he has little grounds for appeal...but it seems appeal is automatic even if there is little or no chance of success

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3689 on: November 29, 2015, 01:13:52 PM »
we don't know...we know he has appealed...but against the sentence or the judgement. The wording judgement shows to me he has little grounds for appeal...but it seems appeal is automatic even if there is little or no chance of success
Will we ever know if his appeal was unsuccessful I wonder...?