Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853208 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3735 on: November 30, 2015, 10:14:22 AM »
If it could have been proven the McCanns would have proved it, surely ?

I never thought the McCanns would be able to prove that part of their claim - as even if enormous damage was done - how could it be quantified?

However it was 'not proven' and therefore the situation remains the same - i.e. that no-one knows whether it caused damage or not   - which is not the same as the claim being made that the Judge said the book had not damaged the search at all.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 10:18:25 AM by Benice »
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3736 on: November 30, 2015, 10:22:16 AM »
If it could have been proven the McCanns would have proved it, surely ?

nope...it isn't that simple. It seemed it couldn't be proved that OJ murdered his wife...does that mean he didn't

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3737 on: November 30, 2015, 10:23:57 AM »
It is the business of The Registrar period. He has the authority to check up on you. If you are running a limited company, as you say, I would suggest it might be in your interests to determine precisely what your responsibilities and liabilities are before you get much older.

I know exactly what my responsibilities are...I've been doing it long enough..it really isn't rocket science

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3738 on: November 30, 2015, 10:49:51 AM »
As you are something of a pedant when it comes to the written word (particularly when that word is written by a member of the McCann supporter community) surely you can see that there is some practical difference between the following two assertions:

The judge stated that the book had not damaged the search AT ALL

The judge stated that damage to the search caused by the book was UNPROVEN.

By jove he's got it!;  I think he's got it.
When I have recovered from the shock I will respond properly.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3739 on: November 30, 2015, 12:44:33 PM »
still doesn't make it any of your business...but you seem to have delved deep into their lives....quite unnatural in my opinion

Looking at a company's accounts doesn't involve delving into anyone's lives. It involves looking at the accounts of a limited company which is a legal entity in it's own right, but it's not a person.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3740 on: November 30, 2015, 01:23:37 PM »
Looking at a company's accounts doesn't involve delving into anyone's lives. It involves looking at the accounts of a limited company which is a legal entity in it's own right, but it's not a person.

How are you aware Kate didn't complete GP training and doesn't have a licence to practice

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3741 on: November 30, 2015, 02:28:07 PM »
How are you aware Kate didn't complete GP training and doesn't have a licence to practice

I used my intelligence and found out using information freely available online to the general public. I expect you, with your superior intelligence, could do the same.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3742 on: November 30, 2015, 02:43:39 PM »
I used my intelligence and found out using information freely available online to the general public. I expect you, with your superior intelligence, could do the same.

I find it strange you have delved so deeply into Kates career

stephen25000

« Reply #3743 on: November 30, 2015, 02:55:05 PM »
I find it strange you have delved so deeply into Kates career

Well bearing in mind your support of the mccanns, and your 'claims' about them, your reply to G-Unit, is peculiar to say the least.

ferryman

« Reply #3744 on: November 30, 2015, 02:56:53 PM »
Kate is on the GP's register, but not currently licensed to practice, no doubt because she has chosen another career path, but if she were to (choose to!) update her training, no doubt she could resume her medical career.

It's all a question of career choices, nothing else.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3745 on: November 30, 2015, 02:58:51 PM »
As you are something of a pedant when it comes to the written word (particularly when that word is written by a member of the McCann supporter community) surely you can see that there is some practical difference between the following two assertions:

The judge stated that the book had not damaged the search AT ALL

The judge stated that damage to the search caused by the book was UNPROVEN.

The words are different but the practical outcome was to toss the claim out. So debate all you like about what she said, her judgement left no doubt what she meant.

The proceedings were about the terms of the writ, which if we are to believe the full judgment did not mention "search".

The issue being judged was :
 “The 3rd claimant [MM] was deprived of the just and appropriate investigation of her disappearance”. For which damages in the sum of five hundred thousand Euro were sought.
The ruling was:
“It was not proven that because of the defendant Goncalo Amaral's statements in the book, the documentary and the interview with the Correio da Manha, the Judicial Police had ceased to collect information and to investigate the disappearance of Madeleine McCann”
The consequence was:
“To fully dismiss the requests, made in the same action, by the claimants MADELEINE MCCANN, SEAN MICHAEL MCCANN and AMELIE EVE MCCANN against the defendant GONCALO AMARAL and of those claims acquit the defendant”. Do not pass go do not collect 700 grand.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #3746 on: November 30, 2015, 02:59:21 PM »

I am puzzled too, about who Gunit apparently "knows" that Kate didn't complete her GP training. 

Given that she was listed on the GP Register when it was introduced. 

stephen25000

« Reply #3747 on: November 30, 2015, 02:59:41 PM »
Kate is on the GP's register, but not currently licensed to practice, no doubt because she has chosen another career path, but if she were to (choose to!) update her training, no doubt she could resume her medical career.

How about as a child minder ? 8(0(*

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3748 on: November 30, 2015, 03:00:33 PM »

I wouldn't called being unemployed a career path.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

stephen25000

« Reply #3749 on: November 30, 2015, 03:01:19 PM »
I wouldn't called being unemployed a career path.

Well, I feel ferryman thinks it is.