Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853332 times)

ferryman

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3840 on: December 01, 2015, 08:51:38 PM »

There was (apparently) a contribution to the Amaral's fund from the Metropolitan Police ...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:41:25 PM by Eleanor »

Offline misty

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3841 on: December 01, 2015, 08:58:07 PM »
There was (apparently) a contribution to the Amaral's fund from the Metropolitan Police ...

Probably to cover the cost of this years PJGA Christmas party

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3842 on: December 01, 2015, 09:06:26 PM »
That cannot possibly be right, not on any month of sundays!!

Well I didn't want to be too controversial by saying all of the public contributions and then some. About 200 grand some.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline mercury

« Reply #3843 on: December 01, 2015, 09:06:40 PM »

Oh really? Well do excuse me for not knowing...stil, the comparison between the two funds is nothng but a pantomime  act....at best

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3844 on: December 01, 2015, 09:22:35 PM »
Oh really? Well do excuse me for not knowing...stil, the comparison between the two funds is nothng but a pantomime  act....at best

Correct ... one is audited ... the other is not.

The same people who insist on transparency for one are insistent the other remains secretive.  So absolutely no comparison whatsoever.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #3845 on: December 01, 2015, 09:25:17 PM »

The same people who insist on transparency for one are insistent the other remains secretive.  So absolutely no comparison whatsoever.
One NEEDS to be audited, the other doesnt, why does it bother you so  much, millions versus a few thousand, oh i know....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:27:50 PM by mercury »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3846 on: December 01, 2015, 09:40:42 PM »
One NEEDS to be audited, the other doesnt, why does it bother you so  much, millions versus a few thousand, oh i know....

That sums attitudes up very well indeed.  One has been legally set up to be open and above board ... the other has been set up to be in private hands and as inscrutable as Confucius.

It bothers me not at all ... but arrant hypocrisy should not pass unremarked.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline mercury

« Reply #3847 on: December 01, 2015, 09:56:20 PM »
That sums attitudes up very well indeed.  One has been legally set up to be open and above board ... the other has been set up to be in private hands and as inscrutable as Confucius.

It bothers me not at all ... but arrant hypocrisy should not pass unremarked.

Even if audited it still remains secret, did you just not GET that bit???

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #3848 on: December 01, 2015, 10:30:18 PM »

Well, actually there is an other difference. One party owning a fund due to their negligence in losing their daughter? and claiming to be transparent but isn't; is not the same as another party trying to find the said missing child which the other party lost.  One has the higher  of moral high grounds my dear. ALSO it wasn't Amaral himself who set up his account unlike the party who lost the child.   I bet you are glad I unconfused that for you or in other plain speak.. Is that clear enough!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Benice

« Reply #3849 on: December 02, 2015, 12:09:50 PM »
Well, actually there is an other difference. One party owning a fund due to their negligence in losing their daughter? and claiming to be transparent but isn't; is not the same as another party trying to find the said missing child which the other party lost.  One has the higher  of moral high grounds my dear. ALSO it wasn't Amaral himself who set up his account unlike the party who lost the child.   I bet you are glad I unconfused that for you or in other plain speak.. Is that clear enough!

The fund was set up because something had to be done with the money people were sending to the McCanns.   They could have just put it into their own private bank account and said thankyou very much.   But they didn't.

IMO the word 'moral' cannot be attributed with any credibility to a corrupt cop with a criminal record to prove it.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

ferryman

« Reply #3850 on: December 02, 2015, 08:47:22 PM »
In about a month, I will resurrect this thread again (if it needs resurrecting) to ask what news (if any) there is of Amaral's appeal ....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3851 on: December 02, 2015, 08:47:35 PM »
my point is that the person who bleats on about his human rights covered up the savage beating of a suspect in police custody...and posters think he is honourable because they do not realise this is true
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 03:41:03 AM by John »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3852 on: December 02, 2015, 08:54:49 PM »
my point is that the person who bleats on about his human rights covered up the savage beating of a suspect in police custody...and posters think he is honourable because they do not realise this is true

So? do you believe that he is not entitled to fair representation at law because he committed perjury several years ago and has discharged his sentence in that respect ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3853 on: December 02, 2015, 08:57:26 PM »
So? do you believe that he is not entitled to fair representation at law because he committed perjury several years ago and has discharged his sentence in that respect ?

absolutely not but I think his supporters should be aware of the true facts of his conviction and the lies told about his actions and his views exposed

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3854 on: December 02, 2015, 09:04:02 PM »
absolutely not but I think his supporters should be aware of the true facts of his conviction and the lies told about his actions and his views exposed
So do I . But  that is not necessarily your interpretation of what happened and your posting of same.