Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853474 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3870 on: December 03, 2015, 10:39:48 AM »
We seem to have gone from the plural you posted originally down to a singular?

I'm just giving one example...there are others...but what is the point when the discussion we ahd re the judgement was removed in totality even though there were no abusive posts.....its pointless having any discussion when something like that happens

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3871 on: December 03, 2015, 10:41:32 AM »
You said Amaral supporters told lies. I don't see any Amaral supporters so are you referring to elsewhere on the internet? Where are the lies? Cites?

on this forum...member LUZ  around the 9th august 2013...the posts are easy to find..absolute lies

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3872 on: December 03, 2015, 11:31:14 AM »
Cobblers.

It is Madeleine and her siblings badly tragedy by the mccanns and no one else.

You are here only to defend the parents, and attack those who don't believe their storytelling.

The Drs McCann are key witnesses in the crime against their daughter.

In common with all witnesses who could be loosely considered to be making a pro McCann affirmation in Madeleine McCann's case they have been subject to ridicule, derision and generally traduced.

Mr Smith's uncorroborated and mistaken identification of Smithman has entered the lexicon as has Eddie's uncorroborated barking in 5A.

Weighed against the volumes of evidence gathered in this case ... these are small substitute for the defamation of the Drs McCann.

This is a matter recognised by the Portuguese courts and it remains to be seen how well or badly Goncalo Amaral's appeal may go ... it seems we will have some time to wait for the answer to that, but in the interim it is recognised world wide that the Drs McCann have won their libel case.

If you type in "libel" in Google translate you will get "difamação" ... which is the word the Portuguese press and bloggers are using in relation to the judgement. (if anyone wants a cite for that just Google it like I did ... some of the blogs are quite interesting and not all one sided)
My reading of that is that it is a situation recognised not only by the world's press but also by the Portuguese press, so it just remains to be seen what the appeal judges make of it all.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Benice

« Reply #3873 on: December 03, 2015, 11:45:16 AM »

In common with all witnesses who could be loosely considered to be making a pro McCann affirmation in Madeleine McCann's case they have been subject to ridicule, derision and generally traduced.

Mr Smith's uncorroborated and mistaken identification of Smithman has entered the lexicon as has Eddie's uncorroborated barking in 5A.

Weighed against the volumes of evidence gathered in this case ... these are small substitute for the defamation of the Drs McCann.

This is a matter recognised by the Portuguese courts and it remains to be seen how well or badly Goncalo Amaral's appeal may go ... it seems we will have some time to wait for the answer to that, but in the interim it is recognised world wide that the Drs McCann have won their libel case.

If you type in "libel" in Google translate you will get "difamação" ... which is the word the Portuguese press and bloggers are using in relation to the judgement. (if anyone wants a cite for that just Google it like I did ... some of the blogs are quite interesting and not all one sided)
My reading of that is that it is a situation recognised not only by the world's press but also by the Portuguese press, so it just remains to be seen what the appeal judges make of it all.

First question to Amaral after the verdict in: Nova Gente, 15.05.2015, paper edition

''What was your reaction when you found out that the verdict from the court was unfavourable to you in the defamation suit that the McCanns filed against you? ''

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3874 on: December 03, 2015, 11:53:08 AM »
on this forum...member LUZ  around the 9th august 2013...the posts are easy to find..absolute lies

how is that relevant to present members and present discussions? 

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #3875 on: December 03, 2015, 01:11:23 PM »

You can type until you are blue in the face, it won'y change the fact that the crime is unknown and SY have found nothing.

As to the mccanns, they and only them are responsible for what happened, until proven otherwise.

As to mccann supporters being victims of abuse. Some of them are quote happy to dish it out, though you of course have frequently denied it happens.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:20:13 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Lace

« Reply #3876 on: December 03, 2015, 02:00:24 PM »
You can type until you are blue in the face, it won'y change the fact that the crime is unknown and SY have found nothing.

As to the mccanns, they and only them are responsible for what happened, until proven otherwise.

As to mccann supporters being victims of abuse. Some of them are quote happy to dish it out, though you of course have frequently denied it happens.

Are you saying the McCann's are responsible for Madeleine's disappearance Stephen?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3877 on: December 03, 2015, 02:09:39 PM »

It may have escaped your notice but this thread is not about your vacuous repetition of "the crime is unknown and SY have found nothing".
In the first instance Scotland Yard and the Policia Judiciaria have decided 'the crime' is abduction ... and you ma dame do not have a scooby about the SY investigation.  Which makes it very silly to pontificate.

The thread actually concerns Mr Amaral's libel or defamation of the Drs McCann for which they raised an action in the Portuguese courts.
The Drs McCann have won their case and have had damages awarded to them.

Mr Amaral has raised an appeal (he is appealing the judgement because he lost the difamação case) ... which we think may be against the amount awarded.  Or who knows? 

However it appears his (famous) hat may be on a very shaky peg ... it is proven in a Portuguese court that he has denied the Drs McCann their human rights, which may rather impede his further progress to the European Court to uphold his.

By the way ... I did not refer to "McCann supporters" in my post.  My referral was to independent witnesses being ridiculed because their testament doesn't fit the thesis.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #3878 on: December 03, 2015, 02:34:34 PM »
It may have escaped your notice but this thread is not about your vacuous repetition of "the crime is unknown and SY have found nothing".
In the first instance Scotland Yard and the Policia Judiciaria have decided 'the crime' is abduction ... and you ma dame do not have a scooby about the SY investigation.  Which makes it very silly to pontificate.

The thread actually concerns Mr Amaral's libel or defamation of the Drs McCann for which they raised an action in the Portuguese courts.
The Drs McCann have won their case and have had damages awarded to them.

Mr Amaral has raised an appeal (he is appealing the judgement because he lost the difamação case) ... which we think may be against the amount awarded.  Or who knows? 

However it appears his (famous) hat may be on a very shaky peg ... it is proven in a Portuguese court that he has denied the Drs McCann their human rights, which may rather impede his further progress to the European Court to uphold his.

By the way ... I did not refer to "McCann supporters" in my post.  My referral was to independent witnesses being ridiculed because their testament doesn't fit the thesis.

The vacuous realm is yours.

Type as much as you like.

It means nothing.

As to denying the mccanns their human rights , what about Madeleine's, which the mccanns clearly ignored..

stephen25000

« Reply #3879 on: December 03, 2015, 02:37:37 PM »
Are you saying the McCann's are responsible for Madeleine's disappearance Stephen?

Would she have disappeared if they were there taking care of her and her siblings ?

Offline Lace

« Reply #3880 on: December 03, 2015, 02:43:45 PM »
Would she have disappeared if they were there taking care of her and her siblings ?

Who knows,  children have been taken from their bed whilst the parents were in their bedroom.   Indeed children had been assaulted in their beds in the are where the McCann's were staying,  it would have been just as easy for the abductor to have taken one of those children.

The thing is,  in the statement regarding the McCann's leaving the children,  it stated that they could not and were not expected to foresee the outcome and that there was no 'intent'.

You don't believe an abduction,  but the person I believe to be responsible is the abductor.  Whether the children were left alone with the door open,  this person had no right to go in and take Madeleine.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3881 on: December 03, 2015, 02:45:15 PM »
how is that relevant to present members and present discussions?

if you follow the thread back you will understand

stephen25000

« Reply #3882 on: December 03, 2015, 02:49:24 PM »
Who knows,  children have been taken from their bed whilst the parents were in their bedroom.   Indeed children had been assaulted in their beds in the are where the McCann's were staying,  it would have been just as easy for the abductor to have taken one of those children.

The thing is,  in the statement regarding the McCann's leaving the children,  it stated that they could not and were not expected to foresee the outcome and that there was no 'intent'.

You don't believe an abduction,  but the person I believe to be responsible is the abductor.  Whether the children were left alone with the door open,  this person had no right to go in and take Madeleine.

I predicted SY would find nothing and that is how it remains.

So I ask you, what evidence is there of abduction that can't be explained by other possibilities ?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:51:45 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Anna

« Reply #3883 on: December 03, 2015, 03:21:02 PM »
Please stay with the topic

“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3884 on: December 03, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »

I predicted SY would find nothing and that is how it remains.

So I ask you, what evidence is there of abduction that can't be explained by other possibilities ?

they have found enough to say the mccanns are not suspects