Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 852958 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3975 on: December 07, 2015, 07:56:29 PM »
To their reputation, not to "the search" and libel cannot be determinedd can it ? without knowing the truth, which no one seems to, bizarre

you do not need to determine the truth to determine libel...that's quite basic

stephen25000

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #3976 on: December 07, 2015, 07:58:08 PM »

and what happens if Amaral was correct in saying Madeleine had an accident in the apartment and subsequently died ? 8)-)))

Offline mercury

« Reply #3977 on: December 07, 2015, 08:02:53 PM »

Oh really? Do explain then ....this is going to be interesting

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #3978 on: December 07, 2015, 08:22:53 PM »
Oh really? Do explain then ....this is going to be interesting

But firstly, are you suggesting that until Madeleine's fate is determined, the question of the libel of the McCanns by Amaral cannot be settled?

ferryman

« Reply #3979 on: December 07, 2015, 08:25:18 PM »
Apparently not, or the newspaper would not have retracted it's statement saying he was. Perhaps you should qualify your post by adding IMO?

Why?

You don't seriously think Amaral contradicted and corrected Prior on interpretation of forensics, do you?

And seeing as the American equipment STU100 has a purpose not remotely to do with detecting cadavers, we can definitively rule out that (according to Amaral!) this equipment, that would have confirmed the death of Madeleine, was blocked by customs [and so not used by the enquiry] ...

Offline Admin

« Reply #3980 on: December 07, 2015, 08:51:28 PM »
Lets not stray too far from the topic theme please.

Admin

ferryman

« Reply #3981 on: December 07, 2015, 08:59:39 PM »
Lets not stray too far from the topic theme please.

Admin

In (I admit) a roundabout sort of way, it is on-topic, because we are being asked to accept Amaral's word that he has confirmed (ahem) the 'damages' decision to the higher court.

Offline mercury

« Reply #3982 on: December 07, 2015, 09:12:54 PM »
But firstly, are you suggesting that until Madeleine's fate is determined, the question of the libel of the McCanns by Amaral cannot be settled?

I am asking how someone can be libelled when libel = defamation by false statements and there is not a benchmark even to start with to determine if those statements are true or false..I am not really that bothered,just curious

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3983 on: December 07, 2015, 09:18:48 PM »
I am asking how someone can be libelled when libel = defamation by false statements and there is not a benchmark even to start with to determine if those statements are true or false..I am not really that bothered,just curious

what you are showing is you do not understand the law of libel...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:22:09 PM by davel »

stephen25000

« Reply #3984 on: December 07, 2015, 09:21:26 PM »
what you are showing is you do not understand the law of libel....first you need to check your definition of libel which is wrong

Can you tell me Dave when it was determined how Madeleine disappeared from the apartment.

and no conjecture , by the way.

Offline mercury

« Reply #3985 on: December 07, 2015, 09:22:22 PM »
what you are showing is you do not understand the law of libel....first you need to check your definition of libel which is wrong

enlighten us all then instead of just making the thrust of your post "you do not understand...you are wrong" etc etc..

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3986 on: December 07, 2015, 09:22:50 PM »
Can you tell me Dave when it was determined how Madeleine disappeared from the apartment.

and no conjecture , by the way.

another one who does not understand the law of libel

ferryman

« Reply #3987 on: December 07, 2015, 09:23:06 PM »

Not a bench-mark?

Compare Amaral's assessment of what Mark Harrison said with his report (for example).

Is that not a bench mark?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3988 on: December 07, 2015, 09:23:56 PM »
enlighten us all then instead of just making the thrust of your post "you do not understand...you are wrong" etc etc..

simply...if you accuse the mccanns of covering up Maddie's death...that is libel unless you can prove it is true

stephen25000

« Reply #3989 on: December 07, 2015, 09:25:43 PM »
another one who does not understand the law of libel

The truth of Madeline's disappearance has not been ascertained.

Meanwhile you will say anything in defence of the McCann's.