Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853343 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #4035 on: December 08, 2015, 11:02:05 PM »
1. Mr Anthony Bennett complained to the Independent Press Standards Organisation that the Daily Express had breached Clause 1 (Accuracy) of the Editors’ Code of Practice in a front-page headline “Maddy: Detective did lie about death cover-up”, published on 29 April 2015.

2. The front-page headline referred to an article on page 11 with the headline “McCanns win £428,000 over police chief’s slurs”.

. The newspaper accepted that the headline on the front page was inaccurate, and agreed that the truth of Mr Amaral’s claims were not examined during the trial. However, it did not accept that the front page headline represented a significant inaccuracy because the article itself did not report that the detective had lied, and was an accurate interpretation of the judgment. It said the headline had been written by a sub-editor who, in summarising the position of the Portuguese court, had made an assumption that the decision had been based on the truth of Mr Amaral’s claims, which is usually the case in English libel law.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline mercury

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #4036 on: December 09, 2015, 12:17:44 AM »
Misty/JP

Not only have a handful of people here complained about the translated files "that they use and quote" so are ingrates anyway but on top of that they say the orignal portuguese translations by the official interpretors are also unreliable , so YES I mantain the charge of HYPOCRISY...and these people have no right whatsoever in lieu  of this  to ever state anything  or quote anything from the PJ Files, ok now?

!

Offline misty

« Reply #4037 on: December 09, 2015, 12:25:46 AM »
Misty/JP

Not only have a handful of people here complained about the translated files "that they use and quote" so are ingrates anyway but on top of that they say the orignal portuguese translations by the official interpretors are also unreliable , so YES I mantain the charge of HYPOCRISY...and these people have no right whatsoever in lieu  of this  to ever state anything  or quote anything from the PJ Files, ok now?

!

Far better we all rely on media reports derived from "a source close to the investigation", don't you agree?

Offline mercury

« Reply #4038 on: December 09, 2015, 12:33:37 AM »
Far better we all rely on media reports derived from "a source close to the investigation", don't you agree?

Sigh!
One cannot state the pj files are unreliable at source and also with translation and then quote them in defence of any argument you make !!

As for newspaper articles, both countries media can never be the bastion of truth!

Offline misty

« Reply #4039 on: December 09, 2015, 12:45:29 AM »
Sigh!
One cannot state the pj files are unreliable at source and also with translation and then quote them in defence of any argument you make !!

As for newspaper articles, both countries media can never be the bastion of truth!

Maybe you are beginning to understand why the McCanns had to spend so much money on getting the files properly translated, why SY had to spend so much time re-interviewing English-speaking witnesses, why TTOTL had to be properly translated.......that is reality, Mercury. The rest of us are just involved in a (sophisticated?) game on the internet whilst the police do a proper job.

Offline mercury

« Reply #4040 on: December 09, 2015, 12:58:29 AM »
Maybe you are beginning to understand why the McCanns had to spend so much money on getting the files properly translated, why SY had to spend so much time re-interviewing English-speaking witnesses, why TTOTL had to be properly translated.......that is reality, Mercury. The rest of us are just involved in a (sophisticated?) game on the internet whilst the police do a proper job.

Oooh great swerve!

As for the Mccanns spending their fund money on translation...now thats real funny...the  translators now are on the long list of people to blame, wonderful...even if the translations were faultless they would have had no choe whatsoever and would have HAD to get them professionally translated

As for uk police reinterviewing anyone and the reason being badly translated pj files you are having a massive laugh there, I would say nice try bit it was quite a bad one

Th real question here is why SY had to get the files translated themselves and not use the professionally translated ones the Mccanns  had done!!

&%+((£
Off now

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4041 on: December 09, 2015, 09:03:19 AM »

@)(++(*
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4042 on: December 09, 2015, 10:37:32 AM »
Fascinating.

So we have the lovely Alice claiming that the action against the other three defendants had been dismissed by the Court.  On the rather curious basis that "The other three defendants were not ordered to pay out a plug nickel in compensation."

If one actually reads the judgement, then financial compensation was not a part of the McCanns requests in respect of the other three defendants.

It turns out that most of the requests by the Mccanns have been granted by the court.  Ooops!

So then we have an odd, off topic post from dear Faith, about Tony Bennett's correspondence with the Express.

And finally, a series of posts from Mercury calling fellow posters hypocrites for quoting from translations .

To wit "Not only have a handful of people here complained about the translated files "that they use and quote" so are ingrates anyway but on top of that they say the orignal portuguese translations by the official interpretors are also unreliable , so YES I mantain the charge of HYPOCRISY...and these people have no right whatsoever in lieu  of this  to ever state anything  or quote anything from the PJ Files, ok now?"

What are we to make of it?  The realisation that the Court ranted most of the McCann's requests in respect of the other three defendants seems to have caused some real disquiet in the ranks of Amaral's Acolytes.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:58:17 PM by Slartibartfast »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4043 on: December 09, 2015, 11:08:51 AM »
Fascinating.

So we have the lovely Alice claiming that the action against the other three defendants had been dismissed by the Court.  On the rather curious basis that "The other three defendants were not ordered to pay out a plug nickel in compensation."

If one actually reads the judgement, then financial compensation was not a part of the McCanns requests in respect of the other three defendants.

It turns out that most of the requests by the Mccanns have been granted by the court.  Ooops!

So then we have an odd, off topic post from dear Faith, about Tony Bennett's correspondence with the Express.

And finally, a series of posts from Mercury calling fellow posters hypocrites for quoting from translations.

To wit "Not only have a handful of people here complained about the translated files "that they use and quote" so are ingrates anyway but on top of that they say the orignal portuguese translations by the official interpretors are also unreliable , so YES I mantain the charge of HYPOCRISY...and these people have no right whatsoever in lieu  of this  to ever state anything  or quote anything from the PJ Files, ok now?"

What are we to make of it?  The realisation that the Court ranted most of the McCann's requests in respect of the other three defendants seems to have caused some real disquiet in the ranks of Amaral's Acolytes. 

Since when was 500k most of 1.2MM ?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 05:59:31 PM by Slartibartfast »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #4044 on: December 09, 2015, 11:25:07 AM »
Since when was 500k most of 1.2MM ?
Perhaps you could at least have the good grace to  acknowledge your "mistake" with regard the other defendants, or does good grace elude you today, Alice dear?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4045 on: December 09, 2015, 11:26:35 AM »
Fascinating.

And finally, a series of posts from Mercury calling fellow posters hypocrites for quoting from translations.

What are we to make of it?  The realisation that the Court granted most of the McCann's requests in respect of the other three defendants seems to have caused some real disquiet in the ranks of Amaral's Acolytes. 

There is apparently some internet speculation that all has been revealed about the appeal to one who is quite renowned in some circles ~ but the timescale within which the revelation was promised to be passed down has come and gone.

Nothing new about that ... but perhaps a certain apprehension has been born.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:00:48 PM by Slartibartfast »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4046 on: December 09, 2015, 11:34:31 AM »
Perhaps you could at least have the good grace to  acknowledge your "mistake" with regard the other defendants, or does good grace elude you today, Alice dear?

Good grace eludes me all the time Alf because I am actually what Bill Wyman called Chuck Berry  ?{)(**
Not until I have made sure the other party is in fact correct in all they say  8(>((
But the comment about when was 500k considered to be most of 1.2MM still stands?
For example Alf do you believe that 500k is more than 50% of 1.2MM? So if it isn't ?

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #4047 on: December 09, 2015, 11:38:22 AM »

Good grace eludes me all the time Alf because I am actually what Bill Wyman called Chuck Berry  ?{)(**
Not until I have made sure the other party is in fact correct in all they say  8(>((
But the comment about when was 500k considered to be most of 1.2MM still stands?
For example Alf do you believe that 500k is more than 50% of 1.2MM? So if it isn't ?
Which part of what JP has quoted to you from the court ruling do you doubt?  As for your comment, we have already had this discussion, and it has no bearing on your claim that the other three defendants got off scot-free. 

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4048 on: December 09, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »

The Case wasn't just about money.

stephen25000

« Reply #4049 on: December 09, 2015, 11:58:58 AM »
The Case wasn't just about money.

Yes we know.

REVENGE.