Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853459 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #4065 on: December 09, 2015, 10:39:26 PM »
From Google translate of the judgement. Anne Guedes translation is pretty similar:
VI. Judge over the rest of unfounded the claims made in the action attached by the authors KATE MARIE PATRICK HEALY McCann and Gerald McCann against the defendants GONÇALO AMARAL, WAR & PEACE, EDITORS, SA and VC - OAK-FILM VALENTINE, AUDIOVISUAL, SA and same acquit the defendants.
VII. Judging fully rejected the claims made in the attached action against TVI defendant - INDEPENDENT TELEVISION, SA, the same acquitting the defendant.

VII is clear enough. I leave it to the “experts” to have a dreadfully esoteric discussion about what VI means but it is fairly obvious.

But none of it was about the money. Apparently the only person in Portugal who cannot talk about and support Sr Amaral’s thesis is he. The entire nation and it’s dog seemingly can:

The prohibitions required under paragraphs d), e) and f) of action of petitionary attached, beyond the scope of this action and are Disproportionate. It is not illegal to retain the support of the thesis que Madeleine McCann died a smaller apartment in Praia da Luz and his body was hidden by parents. The scope of action is the claim by the defendant Goncalo Amaral, in the book, the interview and documentary, in concrete terms in Which it did, this same thesis.
what are you understanding  "retain the support ôf the thesis que" to mean, out of interest?

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #4066 on: December 09, 2015, 10:50:26 PM »
From Google translate of the judgement. Anne Guedes translation is pretty similar:
VI. Judge over the rest of unfounded the claims made in the action attached by the authors KATE MARIE PATRICK HEALY McCann and Gerald McCann against the defendants GONÇALO AMARAL, WAR & PEACE, EDITORS, SA and VC - OAK-FILM VALENTINE, AUDIOVISUAL, SA and same acquit the defendants.
VII. Judging fully rejected the claims made in the attached action against TVI defendant - INDEPENDENT TELEVISION, SA, the same acquitting the defendant.

VII is clear enough. I leave it to the “experts” to have a dreadfully esoteric discussion about what VI means but it is fairly obvious.

But none of it was about the money. Apparently the only person in Portugal who cannot talk about and support Sr Amaral’s thesis is he. The entire nation and it’s dog seemingly can:

The prohibitions required under paragraphs d), e) and f) of action of petitionary attached, beyond the scope of this action and are Disproportionate. It is not illegal to retain the support of the thesis que Madeleine McCann died a smaller apartment in Praia da Luz and his body was hidden by parents. The scope of action is the claim by the defendant Goncalo Amaral, in the book, the interview and documentary, in concrete terms in Which it did, this same thesis.

of course it is not illegal...ie it is not acriminal offence...whether it is libellous is another question...as to the world and his dog........perhaps because the world and his dog have not been sued for libel..in the same way that Bennett has to now keep his mouth shut whilst the world and his dog can say what they like on the net....it's quite simple really

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4067 on: December 09, 2015, 11:56:17 PM »

(I see that in fact the claims against TV1 were dropped - mainly because they provided a disclaimer in 44 and 45 before broadcast which provided them with a good defence - well spotted Alice)

So Alice - are you saying that the snipped part of the judgement above, and in particular VI fully supports your view that the other three defendants (GONÇALO AMARAL, WAR & PEACE, EDITORS, SA and VC - OAK-FILM VALENTINE, AUDIOVISUAL, SA and TV1) all got off scott free? 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4068 on: December 10, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »

(I see that in fact the claims against TV1 were dropped - mainly because they provided a disclaimer in 44 and 45 before broadcast which provided them with a good defence - well spotted Alice)

So Alice - are you saying that the snipped part of the judgement above, and in particular VI fully supports your view that the other three defendants (GONÇALO AMARAL, WAR & PEACE, EDITORS, SA and VC - OAK-FILM VALENTINE, AUDIOVISUAL, SA and TV1) all got off scott free?

I never used the term scot(t) free that was Alfred then you.

Your proposition is that the case was a resounding success for the McCanns and they got most of what they claimed.
My proposition is it wasn't and they didn't. So far they have yet to hold on to what has been awarded.
The judges apportionment of court costs would not appear to reflect your view.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 05:18:26 PM by Alice Purjorick »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4069 on: December 10, 2015, 04:03:53 PM »
I never used the term scot(t) free that was Alfred then you.

Your proposition is that the case was a resounding success for the McCanns and they got most of what they claimed.
My proposition is it wasn't and they didn't. So far they have yet to hold on to what has been awarded.
The judges apportionment of court costs would not appear to reflect your view.

The judges apportionment of costs would

the ruling was a disaster for amaral...and a resounding success for the McCanns....it really is that simple

stephen25000

« Reply #4070 on: December 10, 2015, 05:13:34 PM »

the ruling was a disaster for amaral...and a resounding success for the McCanns....it really is that simple

Do you think by regularly repeating that, that everyone will agree with you ?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #4071 on: December 10, 2015, 05:31:18 PM »

I agree.

ferryman

« Reply #4072 on: December 10, 2015, 09:19:55 PM »

I guess, since Amaral is appealing (verb, not adjective) and the McCanns aren't, that's, kind of, the proof ...

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4073 on: December 10, 2015, 10:28:47 PM »
what are you understanding  "retain the support ôf the thesis que" to mean, out of interest?

Err like errm I don't know cos accordion to your cohort  (now there's a posh word) I is intellekchally challenged an' anyway whatever I post you will probably post:
 @)(++(*
in reply as is your wont (anuvver posh word)
So let's not bovver eh chief ? I have had my fun, time to move on 8(0(*.

p.s it's google translate which you lot prefer to Ann Guedes' translation, que ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4074 on: December 11, 2015, 10:58:13 AM »
I'm with JP in thinking that things may not all be going to plan in Mr Amaral's life at the moment.  Then what's new ... if you take a cursory look he seems to have made a car crash out of everything he has had anything to do with ... one can only hope he is as successful with his appeal as he is with everything else he touches.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:12:56 AM by Angelo222 »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #4075 on: December 11, 2015, 11:20:52 AM »
I'm with JP in thinking that things may not all be going to plan in Mr Amaral's life at the moment.  Then what's new ... if you take a cursory look he seems to have made a car crash out of everything he has had anything to do with ... one can only hope he is as successful with his appeal as he is with everything else he touches.

...and if he wins the appeal, what then of the mccanns.

Oh yes, more legal bills...........................................................

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4076 on: December 11, 2015, 11:21:03 AM »
The Lisbon appeal court is taking its time over this latest decision, could it be they were hoping our boys in blue would have made a wonderful breakthrough by now?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4077 on: December 11, 2015, 11:42:56 AM »
The Lisbon appeal court is taking its time over this latest decision, could it be they were hoping our boys in blue would have made a wonderful breakthrough by now?

Absolutely not

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4078 on: December 11, 2015, 11:46:40 AM »
Absolutely not

The Lisbon court will be extremely interested in what the police come up with in relation to the claimed abduction. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:52:32 PM by Admin »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #4079 on: December 11, 2015, 12:28:11 PM »
The Lisbon court will be extremely interested in what the police come up with in relation to the claimed abduction.

Why?  What have the police findings got to do with a Not Libel Trial.  Amaral still broke the terms of his employment and denied The McCanns the right to innocent until proven guilty.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:52:49 PM by Admin »