Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853223 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #4200 on: January 22, 2016, 11:56:35 AM »
I don't accept that, bearing in mind how little was spent on the search, which from memory is about 13%.

You might want to search for the source of that assessment and have a look at what was taken into account.

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #4201 on: January 22, 2016, 11:59:51 AM »
The fund states that the money was to be used in the search for Madeleine and to help the parents.

If someone comes along and writes a book saying the child is dead and the parents are responsible for hiding her body.   Then the money [as it is there to help the family]   can use it in order to stop the accusations being made as the public will assume the child is dead and there is no need to continue to search for her or give any information regarding where she may be.

It may say that on the website but the Articles of Association held at Companies House do not mention helping the parents. It was changed in 2011:
Objects
2B. The objects of the Foundation are:
2B.1.1 To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007; and
2B.1.2 To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to Justice.
2B.2 If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

"The Fund" since inception has had a gross income in excess of £4.3MM; its assets at April 2015 were £750k ish.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

stephen25000

« Reply #4202 on: January 22, 2016, 12:01:27 PM »
You might want to search for the source of that assessment and have a look at what was taken into account.

Does that include staying at five star hotels and first class accomodation Carana ?

I wonder if people donating to the fund expected that ?

Hardly essential expenses.

Offline Carana

« Reply #4203 on: January 22, 2016, 12:40:36 PM »
Does that include staying at five star hotels and first class accomodation Carana ?

I wonder if people donating to the fund expected that ?

Hardly essential expenses.

How many times have either of them stayed at "five star hotels"? And where is it stated that it was "first class accommodation?"

I remember one media rumpus over one short visit to Lisbon by Gerry at a 5-star hotel back in Jan 2009. I've just checked that one and today's best deal is £75 (and we are now 7 years later).

What do you find excessive, even at 2016 prices?

NB:

Have you checked the source and attributed costs of the "13%" yet?

stephen25000

« Reply #4204 on: January 22, 2016, 12:46:28 PM »
How many times have either of them stayed at "five star hotels"? And where is it stated that it was "first class accommodation?"

I remember one media rumpus over one short visit to Lisbon by Gerry at a 5-star hotel back in Jan 2009. I've just checked that one and today's best deal is £75 (and we are now 7 years later).

NB:

Indeed I have.

Some time ago.

If I recall correctly, from

Enid O'Dowds breakdown of the funds accounts.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:48:48 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Carana

« Reply #4205 on: January 22, 2016, 12:51:14 PM »
Indeed I have.

Some time ago.

Enid O'Dowds breakdown of the funds accounts.

OK. So what did it say to substantiate that only "13%" had been spent on searching then?

stephen25000

« Reply #4206 on: January 22, 2016, 12:54:38 PM »
OK. So what did it say to substantiate that only "13%" had been spent on searching then?

This has been gone through numerous times before.

Look her up in reference to the mccanns.

Offline Carana

« Reply #4207 on: January 22, 2016, 01:04:05 PM »

This has been gone through numerous times before.

Look her up in reference to the mccanns.

Oh go on, Stephen.... just a little tiny citiepoo? With a reference as to what that may have been based on?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4208 on: January 22, 2016, 01:12:07 PM »

NB:

Remember you need to multiply that cost per room by 2 (2 hotel rooms).

stephen25000

« Reply #4209 on: January 22, 2016, 01:15:38 PM »
Oh go on, Stephen.... just a little tiny citiepoo? With a reference as to what that may have been based on?

This has been discussed extensively on here before.

However, if you believe you have the facts and figures, independently audited of course, to show how much the mccanns have spent on 'searching', please show them.

Offline Carana

« Reply #4210 on: January 22, 2016, 01:34:02 PM »
This has been discussed extensively on here before.

However, if you believe you have the facts and figures, independently audited of course, to show how much the mccanns have spent on 'searching', please show them.

Hmmm. I wasn't the person making the allegation that only "13%" had been spent on searching...

Offline Carana

« Reply #4211 on: January 22, 2016, 01:50:55 PM »
Remember you need to multiply that cost per room by 2 (2 hotel rooms).

Why?

stephen25000

« Reply #4212 on: January 22, 2016, 01:54:32 PM »
Hmmm. I wasn't the person making the allegation that only "13%" had been spent on searching...

Are you totally incapable on reading up on this, on this forum or elsewhere ?

Well here's one link to help you on your way.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/02/only-13-of-money-was-spent-looking-for.html

I await any independent forensic audit to show the claims of 13% are wrong.

Don't bother with the mccann supporting sites and blogs on this.

stephen25000

« Reply #4213 on: January 22, 2016, 02:02:21 PM »
by Enid O’Dowd FCA, giving her opinion after analysis of the 'fund'.

http://mccannfundfraud.info/2010/02/a-forensic-examination-of-the-company-accounts/

THE CHOICE TO READ THE LINK IS YOURS.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 02:05:18 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Carana

« Reply #4214 on: January 22, 2016, 02:32:29 PM »
Are you totally incapable on reading up on this, on this forum or elsewhere ?

Well here's one link to help you on your way.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/02/only-13-of-money-was-spent-looking-for.html

I await any independent forensic audit to show the claims of 13% are wrong.

Don't bother with the mccann supporting sites and blogs on this.

Enid O'Dowd didn't seriously cite a tabloid article by Levy as an authoritative source, did she?