Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853170 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #4245 on: January 22, 2016, 07:14:42 PM »
Well I never.

Never seen that line before from a mccann supporter.

I have no intention of withdrawing that figure.

I did not make it up.

It is easily found by an Internet search.

Unlike of course amy independently verified figures from the mccanns demonstrating the among or percentage of the fund spent on the so called search.

As to being taken seriously JP,  do you really think I take you or other mccann supporters seriously, who day by day type the pro-mccann mantra on this forum ?
So despite Enid O'Dowd (someone you appear to believe is very credible) doubting the accuracy of 13% you accept it as fact do you?

stephen25000

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #4246 on: January 22, 2016, 07:30:40 PM »
So despite Enid O'Dowd (someone you appear to believe is very credible) doubting the accuracy of 13% you accept it as fact do you?

The figure could well be correct.

I did not make the figure up. It has been circulating for some time.

All the mccann have to do, is as they promised, give full and open accounts of the fund.

O'Dowd's breakdown of the 'fund' does make some interesting reading.

It doesn't take much, does it ?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4247 on: January 22, 2016, 07:33:29 PM »
Well I never.

Never seen that line before from a mccann supporter.

I have no intention of withdrawing that figure.

I did not make it up.

It is easily found by an Internet search.

Unlike of course amy independently verified figures from the mccanns demonstrating the among or percentage of the fund spent on the so called search.

As to being taken seriously JP,  do you really think I take you or other mccann supporters seriously, who day by day type the pro-mccann mantra on this forum ?

Oh dear Stephen - I've got to hand it to you.  By citing Enid o'dowd you have successfully disproved your own statement about the '13%' - absolute genius!!

Can't wait for the next one.   8(0(*

stephen25000

« Reply #4248 on: January 22, 2016, 07:34:57 PM »
Oh dear Stephen - I've got to hand it to you.  By citing Enid o'dowd you have successfully disproved your own statement about the '13%' - absolute genius!!

She neither confirmed or dismissed the figure.

Now jp, what percentage of the fund has been spent on 'searching' ?

stephen25000

« Reply #4249 on: January 22, 2016, 07:40:28 PM »
...and just to help you a little further.

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/mccanns-spent-only-13-of-madeleine-fund.html

The "Madeleine," Fund received nearly 3 million Euros from private donors, but the accounts do not explain where all the money has gone and do not even mention payments on the McCanns' mortgage or mobile phones.
See the original Madeleine Fund accounts (in English) on the SOS Madeleine McCann web site.

The fund, "Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited," created by Kate and Gerry McCann, nine days after Madeleine's disappearance from the apartment in Praia da Luz, received, up to March 2008, nearly three million Euros in donations, but only 13.3% of the money has been squandered, the couple say, in the investigations to find their daughter.

The Madeleine Fund accounts from May 2007 to March 2008 were only disclosed after TVI touched on a few aspects of the use to which the McCanns put the money, in the programme "As Tardes da Julia."

Offline Carana

« Reply #4250 on: January 22, 2016, 07:45:57 PM »

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/mccanns-spent-only-13-of-madeleine-fund.html

The "Madeleine," Fund received nearly 3 million Euros from private donors, but the accounts do not explain where all the money has gone and do not even mention payments on the McCanns' mortgage or mobile phones.
See the original Madeleine Fund accounts (in English) on the SOS Madeleine McCann web site.

The fund, "Leaving No Stone Unturned Limited," created by Kate and Gerry McCann, nine days after Madeleine's disappearance from the apartment in Praia da Luz, received, up to March 2008, nearly three million Euros in donations, but only 13.3% of the money has been squandered, the couple say, in the investigations to find their daughter.

The Madeleine Fund accounts from May 2007 to March 2008 were only disclosed after TVI touched on a few aspects of the use to which the McCanns put the money, in the programme "As Tardes da Julia."

LOL

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:51:26 PM by Carana »

stephen25000

« Reply #4251 on: January 22, 2016, 07:50:48 PM »

LOL

Here's two letters to describe the effectiveness of the 'search'.

FC

Now how much did the mccanns spend on 'searching' then ?

I'm still waiting an answer.

I have given cites, whilst you and the rest of your compatriots have given two more letters of the alphabet. 8)-)))

Offline Carana

« Reply #4252 on: January 22, 2016, 08:05:27 PM »

Here's two letters to describe the effectiveness of the 'search'.

FC

Now how much did the mccanns spend on 'searching' then ?

I'm still waiting an answer.

I have given cites, whilst you and the rest of your compatriots have given two more letters of the alphabet. 8)-)))

I'm not sure what FC means... Football Club? Or something rude?

You have tried, Stephen, I'll grant you that.

It was a sensationalist anti-McCann headline at the time which seems to have lasted as "fact".

What is the 13% meant to include?

stephen25000

« Reply #4253 on: January 22, 2016, 08:12:13 PM »
I'm not sure what FC means... Football Club? Or something rude?

You have tried, Stephen, I'll grant you that.

It was a sensationalist anti-McCann headline at the time which seems to have lasted as "fact".

What is the 13% meant to include?

I'm still waiting for the figures for what the mccanns spent on searching ?

Something tells me you or the others can't answer that one, and of course independently verified.

FC represents the 'standard' of the mccann searches.

It's not too hard to work out.

and it's not rude, merely descriptive. 8(0(*

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4254 on: January 22, 2016, 08:17:18 PM »
This is drifting off topic, however:
Does it really matter whether or not it was 13% spent on searching ?. One could argue quite convincingly that all expenditure was on searching as that is the primary objective of the company and there appear to be no objections raised by the auditors i the reports published.
Without doubt “The Fund”  has spent ca £3.3MM in an attempt to achieve the following objectives.
2B.1.1 To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007; and
2B.1.2 To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to Justice.

So why not have a review of what has been achieved after eight and a bit years and lobbing out £3.3MM?.
Including but not limited to:
How many of the stated objectives have been achieved?
Does progress thus far represent value for money?
What is the estimated level of funding to achieve any outstanding objectives?.
How will this funding be raised?

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Carana

« Reply #4255 on: January 22, 2016, 08:35:37 PM »
This is drifting off topic, however:
Does it really matter whether or not it was 13% spent on searching ?. One could argue quite convincingly that all expenditure was on searching as that is the primary objective of the company and there appear to be no objections raised by the auditors i the reports published.
Without doubt “The Fund”  has spent ca £3.3MM in an attempt to achieve the following objectives.
2B.1.1 To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007; and
2B.1.2 To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to Justice.

So why not have a review of what has been achieved after eight and a bit years and lobbing out £3.3MM?.
Including but not limited to:
How many of the stated objectives have been achieved?
Does progress thus far represent value for money?
What is the estimated level of funding to achieve any outstanding objectives?.
How will this funding be raised?

You're not suggesting that the board of directors don't consider such questions, are you?

Getting an investigation reopened in Portugal seems to have required somewhat more effort than a "stamp on a letter" (as Amaral et al., asserted at one point).

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4256 on: January 22, 2016, 09:26:48 PM »

You are actually citing Jill Havern, and Duarte Levy as impartial sources Stephen?   

A small piece of advice for you - when you are in a hole - STOP DIGGING!

*&*%£ *&*%£ *&*%£

stephen25000

« Reply #4257 on: January 22, 2016, 09:35:34 PM »
You are actually citing Jill Havern, and Duarte Levy as impartial sources Stephen?   

A small piece of advice for you - when you are in a hole - STOP DIGGING!

*&*%£ *&*%£ *&*%£

Well as you are part of the pro mccann group on here, I treat your comments with the merit they deserve. 6&%5%

Yet you and the rest of your clan can't provide a real breakdown of how much money has been spent on 'searching'.

The mere fact that the 'searchers' could not organize a piss up in a brewery, as become a hallmark of the last few years.

I've seen a group of your fellows  trying to give an impartial breakdown of accounts  %£5&% %£5&% %&5%£

That was truly dire, but I'm sure you back them to the hilt.

Now I await a witty riposte.

8((()*/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:38:47 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4258 on: January 22, 2016, 09:49:50 PM »

Known in debate as a genetic fallacy.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4259 on: January 22, 2016, 09:57:06 PM »
Known in debate as a genetic fallacy.

not really...more self contradiction
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:01:57 PM by davel »