Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853536 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #4440 on: February 09, 2016, 11:04:35 PM »
Tell that to the McCanns, I'm sure they will listen to your advice. 8)--))

If of no importance to the McCanns, they would not have continued to diss them.
The only importance of the dog alerts is as a weapon in the on-going battle of words between numpties like us on internet chatrooms.  In the real world those alerts were consigned to the dog bowl of history eons ago.

Offline blonk

Re: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.
« Reply #4441 on: February 09, 2016, 11:13:36 PM »
Presumably SY had not told MS at the time of his meetings with them that Tannerman had been identified.
Oh to have been a fly on the wall when Redwood met Martin Smith.

I wouldn't really like to have Martin Smith as a witness on my side though:

Does nothing for 13 days...

Then the moment Murat is made an arguido his son rings up and says 'Dad was I dreaming or did we see someone carrying a child on the same day as Madeleine went missing?'...

Then, to quote, "We all remembered that we had the same recollection'...

4.5 months later he again delays (11 days this time) before telling the police: "I saw Gerry on the telly carrying Sean - I'm sure it's the same man - well, about 60% to 80% anyway..."

Just months later he's singing from the McCanns' hymn sheet...

And has been ever since...

And he's given us efits of two quite different-looking men...

Very, very strange

ferryman

« Reply #4442 on: February 09, 2016, 11:25:39 PM »
I think this is one of the main things that seperate the sceptics from supporters...sceptics think the alerts have some significance...supporters having a better understanding...do not

Spot-on.  And forum mores and prohibitions preclude comment of (just) critique of the way the dogs were handled ...

No. No one fears the dogs.  We just wonder whether the McCanns would, ever, have been constituted arguido/a if the dogs had been handled properly.

I fear we are wandering off-topic, though.

Amaral's appeal.

Is there any news of it?

Offline misty

« Reply #4443 on: February 10, 2016, 12:31:28 AM »

Then the moment Murat is made an arguido his son rings up and says 'Dad was I dreaming or did we see someone carrying a child on the same day as Madeleine went missing?'...

4.5 months later he again delays (11 days this time) before telling the police: "I saw Gerry on the telly carrying Sean - I'm sure it's the same man - well, about 60% to 80% anyway..."

Very, very strange

In your opinion, do you think the Smith family would have been so prepared to reproduce those e-fits for the police if they had known Tannerman had most likely been identified & eliminated?

Offline mercury

« Reply #4444 on: February 10, 2016, 01:37:02 AM »
Spot-on.  And forum mores and prohibitions preclude comment of (just) critique of the way the dogs were handled ...

No. No one fears the dogs.  We just wonder whether the McCanns would, ever, have been constituted arguido/a if the dogs had been handled properly.

I fear we are wandering off-topic, though.

Amaral's appeal.

Is there any news of it?

Forum mores and prohibitions are JUST what  is needed for people like YOU who libel police officers professinaism knowledge and experience when you are not in any position whatsoever to do so ,and further go on to accuse/imply/denigrate with made up crap and allegations of fraud, doctoring cvs, lying etc, we know who the joke and fraud is here

Offline mercury

« Reply #4445 on: February 10, 2016, 01:44:27 AM »
The payouts from newspapers were all spent on actual search Carana

chairman's statement year ending 31 Mar 2008:
"... the Express Group ... substantial cash donation ... has enabled us to continue our search for Madeleine..."   

chairman's statement year ending 31 Mar 2009:
"... other newspapers followed suit with accompanying donations ... this has enabled us to continue our search for Madeleine..."

The proceeds from newspapers were spent on search, therefore the costs of getting the injunction against Mr A was paid from ordinary donations?

They can "blend" meanings statements and facts, so anything spent on anything is a search for / aids the search for their kid

Even if they had used ALL the  near 1m libel money (theirs and tapas7) to sue Amaral  they could pass it off.....as aiding the search?..well...not to everyone obviously
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:47:13 AM by mercury »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4446 on: February 10, 2016, 08:26:37 AM »

Please can we start the day without Insults and Off Topic Posts.  Thank You.

Offline blonk

« Reply #4447 on: February 10, 2016, 09:55:43 AM »
In your opinion, do you think the Smith family would have been so prepared to reproduce those e-fits for the police if they had known Tannerman had most likely been identified & eliminated?
This is one of very many questions about the actions of the Smiths which can only be answered by, at best, an educated guess.

For example, why did it take 13 days to report their sighting?

Did Martin Smith honestly believe it was Gerry McCann he saw on Thursday 3 May?

Were the family really capable of drawing up those two detailed e-fits of different-looking men, one whole year after they'd only seen his partially-hidden face for a few seconds at most in the dark, and all told the police in Portimao on 26 May 2007 that they'd never be able to recognise him if they saw him again?

Why within the space of less than 4 months (Sep 07 to Jan 08) did Martin Smith switch from saying it was Gerry McCann he saw carrying away a child, to actively working with the McCann Team?

To answer your question, some time in early 2008 Martin Smith committed himself to the McCann cause, and has allowed the McCanns ever since early 2009 to make full use of the sighting as they saw fit - but without reproducing the efits.

I don't think it matters one whit whether Martin Smith knew or didn't know that Redwood was planning to say that Tannerman was actually Crecheman.

He is sticking to his story that he and his family really did see someone (dressed remarkably like Wojchiech Krokowski) with a child in pink pyjamas at about 10pm on 3 May - and that the man looked like two different men as revealed on the efits. He probably has no view on Tannerman/Smithman

It all seems deeply mysterious to me

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4448 on: February 10, 2016, 10:00:23 AM »
This is one of very many questions about the actions of the Smiths which can only be answered by, at best, an educated guess.

For example, why did it take 13 days to report their sighting?

Did Martin Smith honestly believe it was Gerry McCann he saw on Thursday 3 May?

Were the family really capable of drawing up those two detailed e-fits of different-looking men, one whole year after they'd only seen his partially-hidden face for a few seconds at most in the dark, and all told the police in Portimao on 26 May 2007 that they'd never be able to recognise him if they saw him again?

Why within the space of less than 4 months (Sep 07 to Jan 08) did Martin Smith switch from saying it was Gerry McCann he saw carrying away a child, to actively working with the McCann Team?

To answer your question, some time in early 2008 Martin Smith committed himself to the McCann cause, and has allowed the McCanns ever since early 2009 to make full use of the sighting as they saw fit - but without reproducing the efits.

I don't think it matters one whit whether Martin Smith knew or didn't know that Redwood was planning to say that Tannerman was actually Crecheman.

He is sticking to his story that he and his family really did see someone (dressed remarkably like Wojchiech Krokowski) with a child in pink pyjamas at about 10pm on 3 May - and that the man looked like two different men as revealed on the efits. He probably has no view on Tannerman/Smithman

It all seems deeply mysterious to me

If you wish to discuss Martin Smith will you please take the discussion to an appropriate Thread, or start a new one.  Thank You.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4449 on: February 11, 2016, 05:11:18 AM »

Very, very strange
IMO neither of the 2 efits is by MS.

ferryman

« Reply #4450 on: February 11, 2016, 06:47:56 AM »
One e-fit by Martin Smith and another by his wife.

What's strange about that?

Offline Carana

« Reply #4451 on: February 11, 2016, 09:20:01 AM »
The only importance of the dog alerts is as a weapon in the on-going battle of words between numpties like us on internet chatrooms.  In the real world those alerts were consigned to the dog bowl of history eons ago.

Agreed.

In the Matthews case, the UK police checked out potential innocent explanations and eventually discovered the reason, which had nothing to do with the child.

If a certain coordinator had been in charge, the child could have been assumed murdered and the extended family members charged with the usual menu of crimes. Meanwhile a living little girl was holed up waiting to be rescued...

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4452 on: February 11, 2016, 09:39:28 AM »
Agreed.

In the Matthews case, the UK police checked out potential innocent explanations and eventually discovered the reason, which had nothing to do with the child.

If a certain coordinator had been in charge, the child could have been assumed murdered and the extended family members charged with the usual menu of crimes. Meanwhile a living little girl was holed up waiting to be rescued...

You would have thought with the resources available, the McCanns would have uncovered the innocent explanation in this case.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4453 on: February 11, 2016, 09:40:32 AM »
You would have thought with the resources available, the McCanns would have uncovered the innocent explanation in this case.

they have

Offline slartibartfast

“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.