Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853413 times)

stephen25000

The McCanns have declared themselves very pleased with the result (of the court of first-instance).

That Amaral has appealed would tend to indicate he is less pleased ....

Yes they are very pleased in trying to obtain more money.

ferryman

Yes they are very pleased in trying to obtain more money.

Is that, perhaps, a tacit admission (of characteristically ill-grace) that the McCanns are outright winners at first-instance?

stephen25000

Is that, perhaps, a tacit admission (of characteristically ill-grace) that the McCanns are outright winners at first-instance?

They have yet to receive a penny.

They certainly did not succeed by quite a margin in all their claims.

Let's just wait for the appeal judgement.

Offline Alice Purjorick

The McCanns have declared themselves very pleased with the result (of the court of first-instance).

That Amaral has appealed would tend to indicate he is less pleased ....

Is that news?
I thought you asked for news?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline pegasus

Screenshot of the website of the fund which financed launching this case against Mr Amaral.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 06:33:41 PM by pegasus »

ferryman

Is that news?
I thought you asked for news?

I have provided a recap (on events to date).

Is there an update?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:13:56 PM by ferryman »

ferryman

So we fast approach the first anniversary of the decision of the court-instance in the libel trial (in exactly a fortnight from today).

What news of Amaral's appeal?

Offline Mr Gray

So we fast approach the first anniversary of the decision of the court-instance in the libel trial (in exactly a fortnight from today).

it does seem very strange

Online Eleanor

Perhaps they are calculating some sort of increase of The Damages.

Offline G-Unit

There's no news as to what the PJ investigators are doing. There's no news as to what Operation Grange are doing. Why the fixation with what the appeal court is doing?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

There's no news as to what the PJ investigators are doing. There's no news as to what Operation Grange are doing. Why the fixation with what the appeal court is doing?

So the appeal is more complicated than expected, or simply delayed in the Portuguese system.

Offline jassi

It the 1st anniversary coming up, perhaps the McCann could organise an event to mark the occasion.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

fixation.....I think interest would be a more accurate word

Offline Brietta

It the 1st anniversary coming up, perhaps the McCann could organise an event to mark the occasion.

Depositing quite a large cheque into the Madeleine Appeal Fund sounds like a fair idea.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

Depositing quite a large cheque into the Madeleine Appeal Fund sounds like a fair idea.

In your opinion and a few others........