Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853332 times)

Offline Brietta

I thought there was a time limit on appeals to the Portuguese courts, if so this one seems to be exceeding it.

Anyone have any ideas?  Is the delay the norm, or is this unusual?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

I thought there was a time limit on appeals to the Portuguese courts, if so this one seems to be exceeding it.

Anyone have any ideas?  Is the delay the norm, or is this unusual?

Jean-Pierre said, upstream of this thread, that appeals generally take 10 months to a year to be heard from the first-instance court.

If that's right, then there should be news of some kind very soon

Offline parapono

The appeal was made last September. See PJGA. Appeals take from six months up to a year. So no delay at all.
Edited to correct the date. It was on the 2nd of September 2015.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:10:54 AM by parapono »

ferryman

The appeal was made last October. Appeals take from six months up to a year. So no delay at all.

If the appeal was only lodged last October, then Amaral was too late.

He had 40 calendar days (from the point of the issue of the decision of the court of first instance) to lodge it, which would have been some point in June.

October would have been way too late ...

Offline Brietta

The appeal was made 2nd of September 2015. Appeals take from six months up to a year. So no delay at all.

Thanks Ferryman and thanks to you too Parapono ... so we could be talking from any time now until 2nd of September 2016.
So until then ... no delay.

Good to have you posting ... a belated welcome to the forum.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:21:57 AM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

He had 40 calendar days (from the point of the issue of the decision of the court of first instance) to lodge it, which would have been some point in June.

Why do you bother with that.

You know it was, and it was explained to you some time ago, on this forum.

ferryman

Why do you bother with that.

You know it was, and it was explained to you some time ago, on this forum.

Know what was?

And know what convoluted formula of words passed as an explanation?

stephen25000

Know what was?

And know what convoluted formula of words passed as an explanation?

If you doubt it, check with the Portuguese appeal court.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:15:46 AM by Eleanor »

Offline parapono

I stand corrected. I posted the wrong date. On the PJGA twitter account an copy of the original receipt can be found .
The date is 2nd of September 2015.

Offline parapono

Thanks Ferryman and thanks to you too Parapono ... so we could be talking from any time now until 2nd of September 2016.

So until then ... no delay.

Good to have you posting ... a belated welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the welcome:-)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:23:59 AM by Brietta »

Offline Mr Gray

The appeal was made last September. See PJGA. Appeals take from six months up to a year. So no delay at all.
Edited to correct the date. It was on the 2nd of September 2015.

on what basis do you make the claim that appeals take 6 months to a year...how accurate is it

Offline parapono

on what basis do you make the claim that appeals take 6 months to a year...how accurate is it

See Jean-Pierre's post further up on this thread please.

Offline Mr Gray

See Jean-Pierre's post further up on this thread please.

your estimate is quite different...so please...where did you get your information from...is it accurate

Offline Brietta

Parapono has amended post ... date when appeal lodged was 2nd of September 2015.

Offline Carana

PT has been overhauling the management of their judicial system, with quite a few hiccups along the way. There has also been a massive backlog in civil appeals cases to deal with (dating back years), plus the fact that appeals seem to be accepted far more easily than in other jurisdictions.

This might take some time...