Author Topic: Former Portuguese detective Gonçalo Amaral wins appeal in damages trial.  (Read 529110 times)

Offline carlymichelle

this  means it is ok to have  an opinion about the mcanns too  without  threats  etc

Offline Lace

this  means it is ok to have  an opinion about the mcanns too  without  threats  etc

What threats?

Offline Alice Purjorick

Carter Ruck are, no doubt, applying for an injunction as we speak   @)(++(*

Hasn't someone else rather queered that particular pitch in recent times ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Lace

So after a court case,   three Judges have sat down and found the Judge of the court case to be wrong.

Offline pegasus

PJGA confirms

Offline carlymichelle

So after a court case,   three Judges have sat down and found the Judge of the court case to be wrong.

in simple terms   they found the  mcanns didnt have a  case against  GA   and the mccans also have to pay his court fees etc

Offline Alice Purjorick

"These things 'appen Mr Rudd"
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

It's turning into a nice little earner for the Portuguese legal system, isn't it? It's not over yet.

Offline carlymichelle

It's turning into a nice little earner for the Portuguese legal system, isn't it? It's not over yet.

even you have to admit it would be stupid  of the  mcanns to appeal this dont you?? i dont even think they  can?

Offline jassi

No. I fear not. Endless legal wrangling in sight.
Maybe someone will start a fund to pay the McCann's legal costs  8)-)))
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:27:00 PM by John »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

I believe that that's what Appeal Systems are for.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline carlymichelle

No. I fear not. Endless legal wrangling in sight.
Maybe someone will start a fund to pay the McCann's legal costs  8)-)))

in theory  GA can now  counter  sue the  mccans and anyone  online  etc that has slandered/libelled   him  right  ??

Offline misty

even you have to admit it would be stupid  of the  mcanns to appeal this dont you?? i dont even think they  can?

Out of principle, I'm sure they will appeal. Amaral will have to hope his supporters have very deep pockets.

Offline Lace

in simple terms   they found the  mcanns didnt have a  case against  GA   and the mccans also have to pay his court fees etc

What do you mean 'in simple terms'    that's abuse carly,  something you go on about all the time.

I am aware of what went on in the Court and that everything was poured over making sheets and sheets of the proceedings.   So what exactly have they found to be wrong with what the Judge decided?

Offline John

I must say its good to see people power beating the MSM at their own game.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.