Author Topic: Oprah Winfrey Interview  (Read 8671 times)

Offline Innominate

Re: Oprah Winfrey Interview
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 06:48:08 PM »
There is another account of the same visit (right at the start of the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhACS6ck-Dw

Transcript:

K: I did my check about 10.00 ‘clock and went in through the sliding patio doors and I just stood, actually and I thought, oh, all quiet, and to be honest, I might have been tempted to turn round then, but I just noticed that the door, the bedroom door where the three children were sleeping, was open much further than we’d left it. I went to close it to about here and then as I got to here, it suddenly slammed and then as I opened it, it was then that I just thought, I’ll just look at the children and I could see S and A in the cot and then I was looking at M’s bed which was here and it was dark and I was looking and I was thinking, is that M or is that the bedding. and I couldn’t quite make her out. It sounds really stupid now, but at the time, I was thinking I didn’t want to put the light on cos I didn’t wanna wake them and literally, as I went back in, the curtains of the bedroom which were drawn,… were closed, … whoosh … It was like a gust of wind, kinda, just blew them open and cuddle cat was still there and her pink blanket was still there and then I knew straight away that she had, er, been taken, you know.

Kate McCann in C4 Cutting Edge documentary - Madeleine was here, april 2008

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 07:15:14 PM »
Does she say 'S and A in the cot? Not in their cots? She also seems to point in the direction of the cot on the left in the photos.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 07:18:36 PM »
Does she say 'S and A in the cot? Not in their cots? She also seems to point in the direction of the cot on the left in the photos.
To be honest I think Kate couldn't believe she was meeting Oprah and she was suffering stage fright so you can't take what she said in that interview as gospel. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 06:33:43 PM »
To be honest I think Kate couldn't believe she was meeting Oprah and she was suffering stage fright so you can't take what she said in that interview as gospel.

To be honest I struggle to find anything they say as gospel.  it is not little things that can be talked away... as little errors,  we have actual physical anomolies. Kate saying she put children to bed, tucked M in as it was cold then Gerry saying he last saw m as he left her on top of the covers as it was hot.. Jane Tanner saying it was cold... Kate claiming windy night... I mean seriously these are things that should be so easy to remember as if it really happened.

Nerves my right eye, they loved the positive attention rememebr the party for Maddie-  the smiles the baloons...- it was the negative press they didn't like, and we know why.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 02:47:08 AM by John »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline sadie

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 11:12:44 PM »
To be honest I struggle to find anything they say as gospel.  it is not little things that can be talked away... as little errors,  we have actual physical anomolies. Kate saying she put children to bed, tucked M in as it was cold then Gerry saying he last saw m as he left her on top of the covers as it was hot.. Jane Tanner saying it was cold... Kate claiming windy night... I mean seriously these are things that should be so easy to remember as if it really happened.

Nerves my right eye, they loved the positive attention rememebr the party for Maddie-  the smiles the baloons...- it was the negative press they didn't like, and we know why.
Yes, the oh-so-brave smiles of Kate Mccann as she struggled to try and be positive to the kind people around her.

Anyone who couldn't see the despair etched on her face behind the sad smiles, at that balloon "party", is lacking any sensitivity or compassion IMO

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 01:03:41 AM »

Tucking in was at 7:30 was it, and lying out of the blankets was 8:30 and 9:05 so there is time to change position.  One minute you are in bed next you are up so as long as the sightings are at different times you can say for sure it is wrong. 
Sighting her at 8:30 and having the door move and still being in the same place is a little trickier to explain.
It can be cold outside but warm inside.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 02:48:07 AM by John »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Innominate

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 06:25:45 PM »
http://www.findmadeleine.com/updates/updates@page=1.html

snip

The window: I described to the police officers exactly what I found that night, as it was and is highly relevant and I knew that every little detail could be helpful in finding my daughter which is our only aim. The window which is a ground floor window was completely open and is large enough for a person to easily climb through it. Whether it had been opened for this purpose remains unknown. It could of course have been opened by the perpetrator when inside the apartment as a potential escape route or left open as a 'red herring'

---

There seems to be an acceptance that the window may not have been used for entry.

But the next statement "It could of course have been opened by the perpetrator when inside the apartment as a potential escape route or left open as a 'red herring'" does not seem to make sense if the curtains were closed as stated on both TV interviews.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 07:57:11 PM »
http://www.findmadeleine.com/updates/updates@page=1.html

snip

The window: I described to the police officers exactly what I found that night, as it was and is highly relevant and I knew that every little detail could be helpful in finding my daughter which is our only aim. The window which is a ground floor window was completely open and is large enough for a person to easily climb through it. Whether it had been opened for this purpose remains unknown. It could of course have been opened by the perpetrator when inside the apartment as a potential escape route or left open as a 'red herring'

---

There seems to be an acceptance that the window may not have been used for entry.

But the next statement "It could of course have been opened by the perpetrator when inside the apartment as a potential escape route or left open as a 'red herring'" does not seem to make sense if the curtains were closed as stated on both TV interviews.

The curtains were closed when the parents went out. They had been closed all week. The strap to open the shutters is hidden behind the right hand curtain. If the window was changed three actions were involved. Using the strap to open the shutters, opening the window and opening the curtains because no matter what Kate says later, she and Gerry said the curtains were open at 10 pm on 3rd.

Which of those three actions would dislodge the right hand tie back and leave it lying in between the chair and the bed? I'm assuming it wasn't dislodged when the curtains were drawn at the beginning of the week, because the cleaner would surely have picked it up.

Result = happy posting.

Offline misty

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 08:39:34 PM »
The curtains were closed when the parents went out. They had been closed all week. The strap to open the shutters is hidden behind the right hand curtain. If the window was changed three actions were involved. Using the strap to open the shutters, opening the window and opening the curtains because no matter what Kate says later, she and Gerry said the curtains were open at 10 pm on 3rd.

Which of those three actions would dislodge the right hand tie back and leave it lying in between the chair and the bed? I'm assuming it wasn't dislodged when the curtains were drawn at the beginning of the week, because the cleaner would surely have picked it up.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN.htm
^snipped^
She noticed that the door to her children's bedroom was completely open, the window was also open, the shutters raised and the curtains open, while she was certain of having closed them all as she always did.

As stated on 4/5/07, implying that the curtains were not left untouched all week.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 09:07:10 PM »
As stated on 4/5/07, implying that the curtains were not left untouched all week.

As usual other statements are available.

The window in Madeleine's room remained closed, but she doesn't know if it was locked, blinds and curtains drawn. The window remained like this since the first day, night and day. She never opened it.
https://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN_ARGUIDO.htm

On our arrival we had lowered the blind-style shutters on the outside of the windows, which were controlled from
the inside, and closed the curtains. We left them that way all week. [Madeleine]

Result = happy posting.

Offline misty

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 09:25:10 PM »
As usual other statements are available.

The window in Madeleine's room remained closed, but she doesn't know if it was locked, blinds and curtains drawn. The window remained like this since the first day, night and day. She never opened it.
https://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/KATE-MCCANN_ARGUIDO.htm

On our arrival we had lowered the blind-style shutters on the outside of the windows, which were controlled from
the inside, and closed the curtains. We left them that way all week. [Madeleine]

Therein lies the problem, doesn't it? We have an initial statement which refers to the twins crying (not Madeleine), Kate entering by the side door & the inference that the curtains had been adjusted during the week.
It is clear, if Amaral is to be believed, that the curtains were opened & the shutter raised at some stage during the week to facilitate the cleaning of the window. The statement of Tracy Dawkins lends weight to the probable routine of the cleaner..(http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRACY_DAWKINS.htm)
So it's a question of which is the correct version. I tend to think Kate was referring to the net being open, rather than the main curtains. There are any number of reasons why the tieback could have been on the floor.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2017, 09:13:40 AM »
Therein lies the problem, doesn't it? We have an initial statement which refers to the twins crying (not Madeleine), Kate entering by the side door & the inference that the curtains had been adjusted during the week.
It is clear, if Amaral is to be believed, that the curtains were opened & the shutter raised at some stage during the week to facilitate the cleaning of the window. The statement of Tracy Dawkins lends weight to the probable routine of the cleaner..(http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRACY_DAWKINS.htm)
So it's a question of which is the correct version. I tend to think Kate was referring to the net being open, rather than the main curtains. There are any number of reasons why the tieback could have been on the floor.

I don't know what Amaral based his opinion on, but the cleaner was seen by Tracy Dawkins between Thursday 19th and Tuesday the 23rd April. She would have been cleaning on Saturday 21st in preparation for the Gordon family to arrive. I don't know if she would have cleaned again before Wednesday 24th? Did she clean windows on every visit? I expect that would depend if they needed it or not.

If the main curtains were closed at 10pm why would the nets have any significance? I think curtains are curtains and nets are nets.
Result = happy posting.

Offline misty

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2017, 11:23:49 AM »
I don't know what Amaral based his opinion on, but the cleaner was seen by Tracy Dawkins between Thursday 19th and Tuesday the 23rd April. She would have been cleaning on Saturday 21st in preparation for the Gordon family to arrive. I don't know if she would have cleaned again before Wednesday 24th? Did she clean windows on every visit? I expect that would depend if they needed it or not.

If the main curtains were closed at 10pm why would the nets have any significance? I think curtains are curtains and nets are nets.

Amaral stated that the cleaner had thoroughly cleaned the window on Wednesday 1st, despite there being no statement to that effect in the available files. Whoever cleaned them last, they were so forensically clear of any other deposits that Kate's fingerprints were proof of her staging the scene in the PJ hypothesis.
The nets had to be drawn back so Kate could immediately see the open window - much more difficult through a net in a dark room.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2017, 11:48:08 AM »
Amaral stated that the cleaner had thoroughly cleaned the window on Wednesday 1st, despite there being no statement to that effect in the available files. Whoever cleaned them last, they were so forensically clear of any other deposits that Kate's fingerprints were proof of her staging the scene in the PJ hypothesis.
The nets had to be drawn back so Kate could immediately see the open window - much more difficult through a net in a dark room.
How do you know she hadn't turned on the light by that stage?  She is a doctor so I'd imagine she went in and put her hand out and felt the window and found it had been slid across.  They are trained to poke and prod to make a diagnosis.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2017, 04:08:27 PM »

What was fluttering in the breeze then? The curtains were open according to the parents.
Result = happy posting.