Author Topic: Oprah Winfrey Interview  (Read 8712 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Oprah Winfrey Interview
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2017, 01:22:30 PM »
Not a myth according to this interpreter's own notes: 

[M Oldfield's  Statement 10th May   Again, there were several omissions from, and errors in, the original Portuguese. I corrected those that I found. Also, much of the Portuguese statement is written with a convoluted 'future + past' verb construct that attributes an 'uncertainty' to the words, whereas I have translated much of it in a non-literal manner to make it read more definitively.

Hence, the reader must understand that neither the Portuguese nor my translation necessarily constitute the exact words spoken by Oldfield.

If you read MO's Rogatory Letter testimony you will get a sense of the difficulty the Portuguese interpreter faced when listening to this man.]
End quote

The interpretor herself tells us that neither her translation nor the Portuguese translation can be guaranteed to be accurate and explains the difficulties faced by interpreters.

The idea that no errors whatsoeover could have crept into translations of statements which had previously been translated by a different translator is definitely a myth IMO.

Why anyone would dismiss this interpreter's explanation as 'nothing of interest' is a mystery to me.   I would say it's extremely pertinent if people are under the misapprehension that it is a fact that translations are always accurate.
IMO

There is one note from the volunteer translator warning that Matthew Oldfield's second statement was so difficult to translate that the translation may not represent his exact words. He or she says that it's hardly surprising given the incoherence evident in his rog. interview. I have seen no other statements with this disclaimer. One swallow doesn't make a summer.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2017, 04:28:07 PM »
There is one note from the volunteer translator warning that Matthew Oldfield's second statement was so difficult to translate that the translation may not represent his exact words. He or she says that it's hardly surprising given the incoherence evident in his rog. interview. I have seen no other statements with this disclaimer. One swallow doesn't make a summer.
Makes you wonder why he was getting so disjointed, have you looked into it?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2017, 05:15:34 PM »
Makes you wonder why he was getting so disjointed, have you looked into it?

Matt had been almost hysterical during his interview. Gerry had heard him shouting and crying. [Madeleine]

Apparently there were problems with the recording equipment when he gave his rog. interview and it had to be re-done.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:05:56 PM by Brietta »
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2017, 01:17:16 AM »

Quite right.

One swallow doesn't make a summer

Can you imagine the state he must have been in?

poor guy was very willing and did his best, he thought, but he hadn't visually checked Madeleine and also his trip to the Main Reception to report Madekleine missing and could they call the police had fallen on deaf ears. 

He must have been devastated by his mistakes and probably they will haunt him for the rest of his life.

This must be especially so since all the fingers unrelentlessly pointing at him over the years.  Poor bloke.

Offline sadie

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2017, 01:37:17 AM »
All the formal statements taken by the PJ were filed. Nothing was left out. Some statements were removed before the files were made public, and the reasons are documented.

http://mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MISSING_PAGES.htm

Yep, and the main gist of that MISSING-PAGES file is that the files that are missing are because of the people being statemented had unsavoury links = paedophilia.

So were all three/ four of the statements by Raj Balu, Neil Berry and the Carpenters missing because of this?   Connections to paedophilia?   I think not
... and strangely these missing files are the very ones that might have helped Gerry prove where he was at the pertinent time of just after 10pm.

The time that Pathfinder makes so much of.   It is even in her signature.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2017, 08:15:34 AM »
My testimony dated 6th of May 2007 related the details of the conversation we overheard and the information regarding the paper that Neil and I used in the searches. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RAJ_BALU.htm

The conversation seems to be the reason the statements have been withheld from the public.

The OC searches didn't start until Emma Knight had visited apartment 5A to get a description of the missing child and that was at around 10:20pm. Therefore, any paper Neil Berry & Raj Balu used in the searches was not at around 10pm but later. Pamela Fenn didn't hear anything above until at around 10:30pm - at least 30 minutes after the disappearance.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2017, 08:46:37 AM »
Yep, and the main gist of that MISSING-PAGES file is that the files that are missing are because of the people being statemented had unsavoury links = paedophilia.

So were all three/ four of the statements by Raj Balu, Neil Berry and the Carpenters missing because of this?   Connections to paedophilia?   I think not
... and strangely these missing files are the very ones that might have helped Gerry prove where he was at the pertinent time of just after 10pm.

The time that Pathfinder makes so much of.   It is even in her signature.

I would assume those statements are in the Crimestoppers file, withheld at the request of the UK.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2017, 08:52:23 AM »
I would assume those statements are in the Crimestoppers file, withheld at the request of the UK.
Will we ever get to know the facts?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2017, 09:06:17 AM »
Will we ever get to know the facts?

You'll never see the information that was held back at the request of the UK. You'll never see the information gathered by OG.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2017, 11:52:59 AM »
You'll never see the information that was held back at the request of the UK. You'll never see the information gathered by OG.

And there is a good reason for this... think about it!

Although the tax payer picked up the tap, to try and exonertate Kate and Gerry's claim that they had nothing to do with their daughters dissapearance, some may question the evidence for such a claim. Because if they had not left their children alone every night without physical checks, then they are duley responsible for her dissapearnce.
And no amout of supporters claiming trolls are cruel, making McCanns out to be martyrs/saints is going to change that.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline sadie

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2017, 03:59:47 PM »

Although the tax payer picked up the tap, to try and exonertate Kate and Gerry's claim that they had nothing to do with their daughters dissapearance, some may question the evidence for such a claim. Because if they had not left their children alone every night without physical checks, then they are duley responsible for her dissapearnce.
And no amout of supporters claiming trolls are cruel, making McCanns out to be martyrs/saints is going to change that.

Because if they had not left their children alone every night without physical checks

Are you now trying to make out that they did not check their children?  Every half an hour + a chek outside the window by Matt.   So better than every half hour they got themselves up, walked the distance and checked their children.

I agree trolls are unthinking and exceptionally cruel... but I doubt they can help it.  It's in their make up IMO ?>)()<

(Ten more nasty points? )

Offline Benice

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2017, 04:01:29 PM »

I've never read a single post  from anyone here claiming the McCanns are martyrs or saints.     The fact is many supporters don't agree with their childcare arrangements - but still have no desire to turn them into the world's most evil parents because they committed a human error.

We all make mistakes.
To err is human.
Nobody is perfect.

Unless their name is McCann of course  - and then for some reason they are not allowed to have the same flaws as the rest of humankind.     Instead - according to some -   everything they do is judged to be wrong and everything they say is judged to be wrong.     Inexplicable IMO.

AIMHO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2017, 04:08:12 PM »

I don't agree that the McCanns are to blame
Maddie and her family were simply incredibly unlucky

Offline sadie

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2017, 04:14:37 PM »
My testimony dated 6th of May 2007 related the details of the conversation we overheard and the information regarding the paper that Neil and I used in the searches. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RAJ_BALU.htm

The conversation seems to be the reason the statements have been withheld from the public.

The OC searches didn't start until Emma Knight had visited apartment 5A to get a description of the missing child and that was at around 10:20pm. Therefore, any paper Neil Berry & Raj Balu used in the searches was not at around 10pm but later. Pamela Fenn didn't hear anything above until at around 10:30pm - at least 30 minutes after the disappearance.

Now wasn't she out that night?   i rather think she was but please correct me if i am wrong.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2017, 04:15:23 PM »
I don't agree that the McCanns are to blame
Maddie and her family were simply incredibly unlucky

And I was lucky when I did the same, if you can call it luck.