Author Topic: Can Maddie ever receive justice in Portugal?  (Read 4159 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Can Maddie ever receive justice in Portugal?
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2017, 05:30:14 PM »
Leaving aside justice for Maddie for a moment I want to see a criminal investigation into who was behind the attempts to pervert the course of justice involving Correia and Marcos. Somebody associated with the Madeleine campaign had to be involved in that decision making and I want that matter resolved.

imo there is no evidence that any attempt to pervert the course of justice was made...we have discussed it at length

amaral was humiliated when he brought a civil case against the lawyer so it is unlikely he would have missed the chance to bring a criminal case if one existed
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:34:03 PM by davel »

Offline Benice

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2017, 05:31:14 PM »
So why did Redwood say Madeleine may not have left the apartment alive ?

DCI  Redwood made that statement in the context of the actions of a paedophile who had sexually attacked several UK children in their own beds.   It's not unusual for the crimes of serial criminals to escalate over time.  Neither is it  beyond the realms of possibility that Madeleine may have been asphixiated by a sexual predator who then removed her body to remove any evidence.

It wouldn't have made any sense for Redwood to be referring to anyone except that man.

AIMHO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2017, 05:33:00 PM »
  DCI  Redwood made that statement in the context of the actions of a paedophile who had sexually attacked several UK children in their own beds.   It's not unusual for the crimes of serial criminals to escalate over time.  Neither is it  beyond the realms of possibility that Madeleine may have been asphixiated by a sexual predator who then removed her body to remove any evidence.

It wouldn't have made any sense for Redwood to be referring to anyone except that man.

AIMHO

Can you remind me of what link has been proven to exist to this case ?

Offline misty

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2017, 05:35:28 PM »
Leaving aside justice for Maddie for a moment I want to see a criminal investigation into who was behind the attempts to pervert the course of justice involving Correia and Marcos. Somebody associated with the Madeleine campaign had to be involved in that decision making and I want that matter resolved.

Why did it have to have been someone associated with the Madeleine case in any alleged corruption? Do you really think that Amaral and his associates in the Cipriano affair didn't have any other adversaries? It's quite amazing just how many legal names associated with both cases are now embroiled in the wrong side of serious crime cases.

stephen25000

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2017, 05:36:07 PM »
imo there is no evidence that any attempt to pervert the course of justice was made...we have discussed it at length

amaral was humiliated when he brought a civil case against the lawyer so it is unlikely he would have missed the chance to bring a criminal case if one existed

Yes,  it has been discussed, and I'm afraid to say, not everyone agrees with you.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2017, 05:38:49 PM »
Yes,  it has been discussed, and I'm afraid to say, not everyone agrees with you.

doesnt make a scrap of diference who thinks what...amaral has the opportunity to pursue it if a case existed...the fact that he hasnt suggests there is no case

Offline Benice

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2017, 05:40:48 PM »

Can you remind me of what link has been proven to exist to this case ?

No - and even if I could I wouldn't waste my time -  as you have a 100% record of never accepting any answers from me.

Anyone who thinks Redwood was referring in anyway to the McCanns when he made that statement is allowing their wishful thinking to get the better of them IMO.

AIMHO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2017, 06:28:50 PM »
The granddaughter thought so.

The chances of anyone dying in hospital in their normal clothes and left in them for the requisite time is very remote.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2017, 06:31:09 PM »
No - and even if I could I wouldn't waste my time -  as you have a 100% record of never accepting any answers from me.

Anyone who thinks Redwood was referring in anyway to the McCanns when he made that statement is allowing their wishful thinking to get the better of them IMO.

AIMHO

Good.

You know no link has been established.

Pure supposition in the first place.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2017, 07:03:06 PM »
Didn't take the discussion very long to veer entirely off course to the exclusion of Madeleine McCann, did it?

What would constitute "Justice for Madeleine"? 
A reasonable starting point might be for the usurpers of her name to consider doing the decent thing and relinquish the use of her name to declare her dead and to use it to make all sorts of nonsensical claims about her parents.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2017, 08:51:34 PM »
Didn't take the discussion very long to veer entirely off course to the exclusion of Madeleine McCann, did it?

What would constitute "Justice for Madeleine"? 
A reasonable starting point might be for the usurpers of her name to consider doing the decent thing and relinquish the use of her name to declare her dead and to use it to make all sorts of nonsensical claims about her parents.

?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

stephen25000

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2017, 09:39:47 PM »
No one has been charged in this case ferryman.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2017, 11:05:55 PM »

Caplan does not just deal with Extradition Cases.  He is an expert in other areas of Law.

Offline sadie

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2017, 11:58:34 PM »
It's sad to see that as soon as we broach the subject of justice for Madeleine in Portugal it is only her parents who are discussed. Is there a consensus that justice can only seen to be done if they are prosecuted, whatever the eventual outcome of any investigation?

In a legal system where the SC used & changed the meaning of a criminal report in order to conclude a civil case, how can anyone retain faith that the judges would impartially criminally prosecute anyone in Madeleine's case? IMO by the time all the legal framework had been completed to prosecute anyone the case would have exceeded its procedural  time limits & any perps. would walk free.

Erm,  £5%4%, I wonder, could that be the intention ?

Offline bros

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2017, 11:20:38 PM »
Oh dear ,

Have not  been around for a while . If there was a fair justice  for Maddie in Portugal  we would not have involvement  not only of UK but as well as many other countries police force cooperating on issue to solve this case. Why Portugal Police failed to investigated itself that's another issue which will be opened after the case is solved.

I believe Met is closing down on the case by how they are narrowing and grouping the teams and investigation since 2 years ago before first DCI went to pension and they will bring resolution for family I truly hope for the best.