Author Topic: Peter Lawrence OBE  (Read 5963 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Peter Lawrence OBE
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2018, 09:25:17 AM »
And yet within two or three posts it had turned into a criticism of Kate McCann - how very coincidental.

That sort of thing seems to happen quite frequently.

I sometimes wonder if before the opening post is placed, certain sceptics plan the first few posts and how to twist the thread into an anti-Mccann thread ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2018, 06:54:17 PM »
That sort of thing seems to happen quite frequently.

I sometimes wonder if before the opening post is placed, certain sceptics plan the first few posts and how to twist the thread into an anti-Mccann thread ?
I doubt it’s planned but I’m pretty sure when a thread like this is started and approved, all parties have a pretty shrewd idea of the direction of travel the thread will take.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2018, 06:37:40 PM »
Yes, and here’s the Mizens with Kate McCann, hugging her.  Such lovely people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1276595/Prince-Charles-joins-Mizens-McCanns-memorial-service-child-victims.html

Snip
Mrs McCann wept as Mrs Mizen described her last minutes with Jimmy and how she had always told him she loved him.
She was personally invited by Mrs Mizen because ‘they were both mothers who had lost their children'.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Mrs Mizen said: ‘To all the mothers, take your babies and your children in your arms every day and tell them how much you love them.

‘We told Jimmy how much we loved him on his birthday the day before he died and he told us how much he loved us – it was a beautiful thing.’
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1276595/Prince-Charles-joins-Mizens-McCanns-memorial-service-child-victims.html

Absolutely heartbreaking and totally alien to the sentiments of divisiveness epitomised by threads such as this one.

Apparently there is no hierarchy along the lines of 'the deserving poor' V 'the undeserving poor' as far as the parents who have suffered the unimaginable loss of a child are concerned.
It appears they are all fellow travellers on the rest of their journey through life and each one recognises some part of the anguish suffered by the others.

I don't think there is any contest among the bereaved for the bitter sweet recognition their contribution to society has received.  Which for me makes this thread markedly more insidious than most.

As epitomised by Mrs Mizen's invitation to Kate McCann and the close contact shared with Peter Lawrence there is no rancour there ... only a basic understanding and supportive solidarity between members of a club not as exclusive as it should be and one which none of us would wish to be members of.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....