Author Topic: The Trial Of Derek Chauvin, Death Of George Floyd  (Read 30774 times)

Online Wonderfulspam

Re: The Trial Of Derek Chauvin, Death Of George Floyd
« Reply #300 on: April 20, 2021, 08:10:39 AM »

Because everything is racist......

Pelosi defends ‘confront’ cops call, Waters accuses GOP of sending ‘message to white supremacists’

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) defended Rep. Maxine Waters’ (D-Calif.) call for protesters to “get more confrontational” if former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin is acquitted in the killing of George Floyd — as Waters ramped up the rhetoric, accusing Republicans of sending “a message to white supremacists.”

Waters has come under fire for her inflammatory rhetoric during her trip to Minnesota amid the trial, with GOP lawmakers accusing her of inciting violence and calling on her to apologize.

Pelosi argued that Waters’ remarks were justified.

“I myself think we should take our lead from the George Floyd family,” Pelosi told reporters on Monday.

”They’ve handled this with great dignity, and no ambiguity or lack of — misinterpretation by the other side. No, I don’t think she should apologize.”

While in Brooklyn Center, Minn., on Saturday night Waters called on protesters to “stay in the street and demand justice.”

“We’re looking for a guilty verdict and we’re looking to see if all of the talk that took place and has been taking place after they saw what happened to George Floyd. If nothing does not happen, then we know that we got to not only stay in the street, but we have got to fight for justice,” she said, according to videos posted to social media,” she said.

“We got to stay on the street. And we’ve got to get more active, we’ve got to get more confrontational. We’ve got to make sure that they know that we mean business.”

On Monday Waters defended herself amid the criticism, and fanned the flames some more.

“I am nonviolent,” she told The Grio, arguing that she was not inciting violence with her words.

”Republicans will jump on any word, any line and try to make it fit their message and their cause for denouncing us and denying us, basically calling us violent — any time they see an opportunity to seize on a word, so they do it and they send a message to all of the white supremacists, the KKK, the Oath Keepers, the [Proud] Boys and all of that, how this is a time for [Republicans] to raise money on [Democrats’] backs.”

Rep. Lisa McClain (R-Mich.) on Monday accused Democrats of being hypocritical for not condemning Waters’ comments, stating in a House floor speech that a drive-by shooting happened shortly after she made them.

“Once again this weekend we saw a member of the majority openly call for more confrontation in a Minneapolis suburb. That very night, there was a drive-by shooting in that community were police in the national guardsmen were targeted. If this were reversed, If this was said by a Republican, you know,  Madam Speaker, that the majority in this chamber would move to strip that representative of their, of their committees, and possibly move to expel them from Congress — we’ve actually seen this before,” McClain said in her speech.

“If that was President Trump, and he said that on Jan. 6 — was inciting a riot — do the words get more confrontational? What do those words mean? Are those not the words of someone that someone would use if they wanted to incite more violence, or and insurrection?”

Pelosi, instead of rebuking Waters for the harsh rhetoric said McClain should apologize for insinuating Waters held any responsibility for the violence.

“That woman on the floor should be apologizing for what she said” Pelosi said.

“I don’t know [who McClain is] but she was attributing some murder– some incident that happened after that to Maxine’s statement. No, Maxine talked about confrontation in the manner of the Civil Rights movement.”

https://nypost.com/2021/04/19/pelosi-defends-waters-call-to-confront-cops/
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #301 on: April 20, 2021, 08:18:12 AM »

'Maxine Waters may have handed defense grounds for appeal and the turning over of this trial': Derek Chauvin trial judge blasts 'abhorrent' Democrat for calling for riots if no conviction

Derek Chauvin's defense attorney Eric Nelson called for a mistrial after the jury retired on Monday

He cited Rep Maxine Waters' comments on the case as he argued that there was no way the jury could be unbiased given constant media coverage

'Now that we have US representatives threatening acts of violence in relation to this trial it’s frankly mind-blowing,' Nelson said

Judge Peter Cahill replied: 'I grant that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned'

But Cahill refused to grant a mistrial and adjourned the court until the jury comes back with a verdict

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9488919/Derek-Chauvin-trial-judge-blasts-abhorrent-Rep-Maxine-Waters.html

Online Eleanor

« Reply #302 on: April 20, 2021, 08:21:37 AM »
Does this mean that Trials should be abolished and people convicted on Public Opinion, providing you agree with them?

Free Speach but only for me.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #303 on: April 20, 2021, 08:30:43 AM »
Does this mean that Trials should be abolished and people convicted on Public Opinion, providing you agree with them?

Free Speach but only for me.

Free speech is racist, sexist, transphobic & must be abolished.

Due process is overrated & racist, we the people need a new system of insta-justice, where any non-black involved in the death of a black person, be it through negligence, intent or accidental, is immediately thrown to the lynch mob.

I expect this will be the Biden administrations next executive order, to redress systemic racism & the societal imbalance caused by slavery. That & same sex public bathrooms & abolishing the police.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:33:01 AM by Wonderfulspam »

Online Eleanor

« Reply #304 on: April 20, 2021, 08:45:46 AM »

Due process is overrated & racist, we the people need a new system of insta-justice, where any non-black involved in the death of a black person, be it through negligence, intent or accidental, is immediately thrown to the lynch mob.

I expect this will be the Biden administrations next executive order, to redress systemic racism & the societal imbalance caused by slavery. That & same sex public bathrooms & abolishing the police.

That's what I thought it meant.  The Reinvention of The Ku Klux Klan.  If they could but see the irony.

Sorry for the racist "They."

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #305 on: April 20, 2021, 08:51:46 AM »
That's what I thought it meant.  The Reinvention of The Ku Klux Klan.  If they could but see the irony.

Sorry for the racist "They."

Are you sure you're using the correct pro-noun?

If not, that's a micro-aggression, hate speech & inciting violence.

This is what's being taught in US universities, Critical Race Theory & Identity Politics.

It's one of the roots of this extreme left wing protest culture that is growing ever stronger & destroying America.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #306 on: April 20, 2021, 08:58:19 AM »

You’re being ridiculous again. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #307 on: April 20, 2021, 08:59:01 AM »
Are you sure you're using the correct pro-noun?

If not, that's a micro-aggression, hate speech & inciting violence.

This is what's being taught in US universities, Critical Race Theory & Identity Politics.

It's one of the roots of this extreme left wing protest culture that is growing ever stronger & destroying America.

What is the correct pro-noun?

I don't want to turn this into a joke, because it isn't funny.  But I actually feel guilty when I refer to them as "They."

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #308 on: April 20, 2021, 09:07:47 AM »
What is the correct pro-noun?

I don't want to turn this into a joke, because it isn't funny.  But I actually feel guilty when I refer to them as "They."

No I was joking, I don't think describing black people as black people or saying they or them in reference to them is racist, it would be no different to me being black & referring to white people the same way. But I imagine someone somewhere in a college campus safe space might be triggered by it.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #309 on: April 20, 2021, 09:11:13 AM »
No I was joking, I don't think describing black people as black people or saying they or them in reference to them is racist, it would be no different to me being black & referring to white people the same way. But I imagine someone somewhere in a college campus safe space might be triggered by it.

But you can see what all of this is doing to me.  Perpetual guilt when I truly don't think I am racist.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #310 on: April 20, 2021, 09:24:36 AM »
But you can see what all of this is doing to me.  Perpetual guilt when I truly don't think I am racist.

You are meant to have white guilt, that's the whole point.

Your ancestors are responsible for slavery, systemic & institutional racism & you being white, have white privilege.

You continue to uphold systemic racism every time you participate in any societal function that benefited & came about from the use of slaves & oppression of black people.

(I was pretty much told all this during a discussion with a young white American liberal with green hair & a gender I couldn't distinguish)

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #311 on: April 20, 2021, 09:38:06 AM »

Whilst I admit to being overtly racist for the fun of it, I'm mostly only racist in my own home & head.

In reality I don't treat people of different races any different during public interactions.

My local convenience store is run by an Asian looking woman & a black man (couple, presumably).

I don't deliberately avoid their store in favour of white owned businesses, nor do I treat them with any less courtesy than anyone else.

But If I was sat on a bus & someone shouted 'Allah Uh Akbar' I can't say I wouldn't be concerned.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #312 on: April 20, 2021, 09:42:07 AM »

George Floyd death: Three Americans assess Derek Chauvin trial

Tensions are high in Minnesota this week as the jury in the trial of former police officer Derek Chauvin prepares to deliver its verdict.

Mr Chauvin faces two counts of murder and one count of manslaughter over the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man, last May in Minneapolis.

Protesters crowded the streets in Mr Floyd's name in cities across the US and around the world over the summer.

The trial is being viewed as a referendum on policing in the US.

An African-American political hopeful, a Minnesota resident and a retired police veteran shared their thoughts with the BBC when the trial began in late March.

We reached out to them again and they told us what stood out to them over the past three weeks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56810262

Online Eleanor

« Reply #313 on: April 20, 2021, 10:08:13 AM »
You are meant to have white guilt, that's the whole point.

Your ancestors are responsible for slavery, systemic & institutional racism & you being white, have white privilege.

You continue to uphold systemic racism every time you participate in any societal function that benefited & came about from the use of slaves & oppression of black people.

(I was pretty much told all this during a discussion with a young white American liberal with green hair & a gender I couldn't distinguish)

So, I am not allowed to disagree with these people?  Not that I particularly want to talk to them.  I haven't  forgotten the one time I was accused of being patronising just for being pleasant.

Ban Sugar I say.  It's terrible stuff.  And we all know where that came from.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #314 on: April 20, 2021, 10:17:02 AM »
So, I am not allowed to disagree with these people? Not that I particularly want to talk to them.  I haven't  forgotten the one time I was accused of being patronising just for being pleasant.

Ban Sugar I say.  It's terrible stuff.  And we all know where that came from.

If you do it's because you're racist.

My time on the Black Lives Matter supporters forum was cut short when I continually refused to accept any responsibility for what my fathers, fathers, father may or may not have done.

When I asked at what age do white children become responsible for White Supremacy & the actions of their ancestors? (Are 5 year old white girls or 2nd trimester foetuses inherently racist?) I couldn't get an answer.

But the impression I got was that they are.