Author Topic: The Trial Of Derek Chauvin, Death Of George Floyd  (Read 30937 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: The Trial Of Derek Chauvin, Death Of George Floyd
« Reply #315 on: April 20, 2021, 10:24:51 AM »
If you do it's because you're racist.

My time on the Black Lives Matter supporters forum was cut short when I continually refused to accept any responsibility for what my fathers, fathers, father may or may not have done.

When I asked at what age do white children become responsible for White Supremacy & the actions of their ancestors? (Are 5 year old white girls or 2nd trimester foetuses inherently racist?) I couldn't get an answer.

But the impression I got was that they are.

Have you noticed that they never want to talk about the people who started all of this?  The black men who rounded up people from other black tribes and herded them across deserts to sell at slave auctions.
White men could not have done this.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #316 on: April 20, 2021, 10:34:27 AM »
Have you noticed that they never want to talk about the people who started all of this?  The black men who rounded up people from other black tribes and herded them across deserts to sell at slave auctions.
White men could not have done this.

Yes, hasn't gone unnoticed.

Another point that got me in trouble with BLM, SJW's was, if all white's are racist were white abolitionists racist?
There were plenty of them who opposed slavery a fought to end the trade. But their whiteness is not excused.

And dare ye not mention the first slavers to exploit Africa were probably the Arabs.
Even to this day, (or as of the 1990's at least), Arab slavers were still at work in Sudan and Mauritania, buying and selling black Africans.

The Arab slave trade began earlier than 650 AD, whereas the first white men (Portuguese as it happens), didn't arrive in Africa until the 15th century.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 10:40:36 AM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #317 on: April 20, 2021, 10:42:11 AM »
Whilst I admit to being overtly racist for the fun of it, I'm mostly only racist in my own home & head.

In reality I don't treat people of different races any different during public interactions.

My local convenience store is run by an Asian looking woman & a black man (couple, presumably).

I don't deliberately avoid their store in favour of white owned businesses, nor do I treat them with any less courtesy than anyone else.

But If I was sat on a bus & someone shouted 'Allah Uh Akbar' I can't say I wouldn't be concerned.
I think most reasonable people would not have an issue with that, however I did have a heated debate on this very subject with someone on this forum who made it very clear that when I confessed to being worried for my safety on a tube train when a young Muslim man in religious garb and a back pack got on and opened up his Koran and started mumbling verses of it to himself, I was treated with utter contmept by the other poster for making this "racist" confession.   She absolutely refused to accept that my concern was a normal natural reaction.  I hasten to add I did nothing to move myself out of potential peril as I rationalised to myself that in so doing I could be accused of racism, which is even worse than being blown up by a terrorist. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #318 on: April 20, 2021, 10:55:08 AM »

These people are in some danger of turning me into a racist because I am becoming afraid of them.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #319 on: April 20, 2021, 10:59:51 AM »

VS.....That's something I detest about the term Islamophobic.

I don't think a fear of Islam is irrational if you're white, non Muslim, gay, walking along London bridge, riding the tube near Kings Cross, going to an Ariana Grande concert, passenger in an airplane or have job at a centre for world trade.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #320 on: April 20, 2021, 11:10:06 AM »

VS.....That's something I detest about the term Islamophobic.

I don't think a fear of Islam is irrational if you're white, non Muslim, gay, walking along London bridge, riding the tube near Kings Cross, going to an Ariana Grande concert, passenger in an airplane or have job at a centre for world trade.
I think in the situation I described myself being in it's understandable to be fearful but I am not scared of all Muslims, just the ones that fit a certain profile - it's not my fault that I am fearful of them, and I really don't believe anyone, even the most strident right on liberal non-racist who wouldn't have had thoughts of 7/7 flash through their minds when the guy whipped out his Koran, no matter how hard they tried to suppress them.  I think we have to acknowledge that judging others we pass in the street, or on public transport is a natural instinct that we have to alert us to potential threat and to deny it exists in ourselves is dishonest.  I mean, I would also be fearful on a tube train full of white male pissed up Chelsea supporters for example, does that make me prejudiced?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #321 on: April 20, 2021, 11:15:49 AM »

Yes, stop discriminating against aggressive, pissed up football hooligans.

They are human beings just like you & anyone else (myself excluded obviously)

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #322 on: April 20, 2021, 11:40:35 AM »
Years ago I was debating racism with a rather smart racist and he asked me a question which stuck with me and rather exposed my hypocrisy - he asked me if I was in an airport lounge filled with 50% black people and 50% white people half on each side with seats available in both halves where would I choose to sit.  Honestly, I would almost certainly choose to sit with "my own kind".  Why?  Instinct I guess.  It doesn't mean I hate or fear black people just that it's a natural instinct for birds of a feather to flock together.  We are now expected to rise above this instinct and in fact deliberately go against it by choosing the opposite choice to that which our instinct is telling us to choose.  I replied to the racist at the time that it would very much depend on what sort of black people and what sort of white people.  For example if it was all white football hooligans on one side and all black family groups on the other I would probably choose the black side.  It's wherever you feel safest I guess. 

Offline John

« Reply #323 on: April 20, 2021, 01:48:13 PM »
Yes, hasn't gone unnoticed.

Another point that got me in trouble with BLM, SJW's was, if all white's are racist were white abolitionists racist?
There were plenty of them who opposed slavery a fought to end the trade. But their whiteness is not excused.

And dare ye not mention the first slavers to exploit Africa were probably the Arabs.
Even to this day, (or as of the 1990's at least), Arab slavers were still at work in Sudan and Mauritania, buying and selling black Africans.

The Arab slave trade began earlier than 650 AD, whereas the first white men (Portuguese as it happens), didn't arrive in Africa until the 15th century.

It's all too convenient to forget that the Africans invented slavery, if one tribe conquered another then the losers ended up dead or slaves. The negroes were only too willing to sell their slaves to the white man who transported them to the sugarcane plantations of the west indies and beyond.

And now they want to rewrite history
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 01:50:48 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #324 on: April 20, 2021, 02:18:58 PM »

Deliberations have resumed.

I'll be surprised if there isn't a guilty verdict before close of play, given the political pressure.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #325 on: April 20, 2021, 03:33:13 PM »

VERDICT WATCH: Our legal experts break down today's closing arguments I Court TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOHow55fjBI

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #326 on: April 20, 2021, 07:37:40 PM »

George Floyd’s injuries revealed in new pictures as jury considers verdict

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES: Former police officer Derek Chauvin is on trial for the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota, last year after he was filmed kneeling on the dad's neck for more than seven minutes

New pictures of George Floyd's injuries have been made public for the first time as part of the trial of former police officer Derek Chauvin.

Mr Floyd died after the former policeman knelt on his neck for more than seven minutes, despite the dad saying he could not breathe.

Chauvin was charged with murder and manslaughter after the 46-year-old African American died in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on May 25 last year.

The jury is now considering its verdict after the prosecution and defence delivered their closing arguments.

Pictures of Mr Floyd's injuries, which were previously shown during the trial, have now been made public for the first time.

One of the images shows bruises and abrasions on the left side of Mr Floyd's face.

Others show red raw cuts to his knuckles and a bloody graze on his shoulder.

Prosecutor Steve Schleicher urged the jury to use their common sense and 'believe your eyes' during his closing remarks yesterday.

Chauvin, who is white, is charged with second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and third-degree manslaughter.

Referring to the video of Chauvin kneeling on Mr Floyd's neck, Mr Schleicher told the jury: "What you saw, you saw.

"This case is exactly what you thought when you saw it first, when you saw that video. It is exactly that.

“You can believe your eyes… It’s exactly what you knew.

"It’s what you felt in your gut. It’s what you now know in your heart. This wasn’t policing; this was murder.

"The defendant is guilty of all three counts. All of them. And there is no excuse.”

Chauvin has pleaded not guilty to second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree "depraved mind" murder and second-degree manslaughter.

Defence lawyer Eric Nelson argued Chauvin acted reasonably.

He cited testimony defending the use of 'the knee on the neck' as a valid restraint technique.

The lawyer also suggested Mr Floyd's pre-existing health issues and drug use could have killed him.

The jury have now retired to consider three weeks of testimony from 45 witnesses, including bystanders and medical experts, along with hours of video evidence that make up the most high-profile US police misconduct case in decades.

After listening to closing arguments for most of Monday, the jury must reach a unanimous verdict on each charge to convict or acquit.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/george-floyds-injuries-revealed-new-23944935
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 07:39:57 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #327 on: April 20, 2021, 08:25:42 PM »

Breaking News
 Verdict Is In.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #328 on: April 20, 2021, 08:26:36 PM »

I think we can be pretty sure it's guilty but on what charges.

Verdict will be announced at 9pm GMT.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #329 on: April 20, 2021, 09:11:57 PM »
verdict to be read in 20 to  40  minutes