Author Topic: Likes  (Read 27458 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Likes
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2016, 10:00:36 AM »
yes, I really do believe some people are that childish.

I agree with you.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2016, 10:06:22 AM »
Have you actually seen whose contibution  to this forum is the most liked? *&*%£

Why worry about it?
What precisely is your objection?
A system of likes was put in and you couldn't spot beforehand it was likely to be abused/rigged?
It was bloody obvious within a few posts there were ringers.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2016, 10:25:50 AM »
Why worry about it?
A system of likes was put in and you couldn't spot beforehand it was likely to be abused/rigged?

I must be very naive because it didn't enter my head. Even at my age I have things to learn about human nature it seems.

I have been accused of all sorts of failings on this forum, but I still believed that people were here because their main aim was to discuss the case of the unexplained disappearance of a little girl.

I find the dirty tricks and jostling for position quite distasteful and disrespectful to be honest.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2016, 10:50:40 AM »
I must be very naive because it didn't enter my head. Even at my age I have things to learn about human nature it seems.

I have been accused of all sorts of failings on this forum, but I still believed that people were here because their main aim was to discuss the case of the unexplained disappearance of a little girl.

I find the dirty tricks and jostling for position quite distasteful and disrespectful to be honest.

Me too but with some it is their very ethos.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2016, 11:07:04 AM »
Me too but with some it is their very ethos.

Naive old me just thought that those who ridiculed, disrupted and attacked posters did so because they passionately believed in their point of view and that when they were losing an argument they used those ploys out of frustration and desperation.

Now I'm wondering if I'm wrong and the whole point was to ridicule, attack and disrupt rather than to discuss. This forum is making me cynical.   8(8-))
Result = happy posting.

Offline John

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2016, 11:23:37 AM »
We have been monitoring the Likes statistics since the facility was introduced to the forum and what it has exposed were several clone accounts now since deleted.  As time goes by it should settle down but if not we can always have an open vote on the subject of whether to retain it or not.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:26:07 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline misty

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2016, 12:27:35 PM »
Thank you for taking action, John.

Offline John

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2016, 12:56:29 PM »
Thank you for taking action, John.

We are monitoring this facility constantly as we are all statistics.  Over the last six months we have had hundreds of requests for membership from China as well from many other far flung places, naturally none of these have been approved as they are spammers.  Just one of the little things which go on in the background in order to preserve the integrity of the forum.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Alfie

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2016, 12:58:50 PM »
Why worry about it?
1)I'm not remotely worried about it, just wryly amused by it and highlighting it, hope that's OK with you?
2) I believe the likes system was introduced during my absence and not being clairvoyant, nor able to suss in advance their introduction to the forum, I was not able to come to any conclusions about abuse of the system beforehand.
Obviously my highlighting this issue is simply another excuse for you to have a go at me, so very predictable.

Alfie

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2016, 01:59:39 PM »
Who are your accusations levelled at then? Speak out and give us names and reasons instead of insinuations. The most profilic 'liker' is someone called 'Kipper' who has never posted. The 'likes' seem evenly distributed between members holding opposing views, however. Are you accusing 'Kipper' of wrongdoing?

It would be interesting to see how you liked it if people accused you of being involved in manipulating 'likes' to make yourself feel popular. Perhaps that's why these accusations are being made; have manipulations been attempted and have failed?
Interesting to note that since this thread was started "Kipper" has disappeared from the forum altogether, as has another highly prolific "sceptic" 'liker' with Vulcan ears....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2016, 02:44:55 PM »
Interesting to note that since this thread was started "Kipper" has disappeared from the forum altogether, as has another highly prolific "sceptic" 'liker' with Vulcan ears....

It seems there may have been some basis for your accusations. Should I congratulate you? I won't if you don't mind. I have no time for cheats and not much for those who whinge either. I just hope we don't get a 'dislike' button, there'll be even more fuss.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2016, 04:19:41 PM »

There are still a few of all makes and shapes left.

Alfie

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2016, 04:22:38 PM »
It seems there may have been some basis for your accusations. Should I congratulate you? I won't if you don't mind. I have no time for cheats and not much for those who whinge either. I just hope we don't get a 'dislike' button, there'll be even more fuss.
Very gracious you are too.  8((()*/

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2016, 09:49:51 PM »
You only have 67 'likes'  8)><(

8**8:/:
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Alfie

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2016, 08:43:31 AM »
Another question about likes:

why is it possible to like a post more than once?  For example Xtina appears to have enjoyed this post by Stephen so much she's liked it 5 times!

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7311.msg338486