Author Topic: Who will be the next leader of the Conservative Party and by default, the PM?  (Read 60098 times)

stephen25000

Apparently, according tothe B.B.C. News, Leadsom is about to quit the leadership election in the Tory party.

Announcement at 12.15 pm.

Confirmed.

'...doing it for the good of the country..'   @)(++(* @)(++(*
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 12:18:12 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline misty

What an absolute farce this whole affair has become. We truly must the laughing stock of Europe right now.
Just waiting for Klinsmann to be unveiled as the new England footy manager backed by the cast of Dad's Army singing our theme tune & I will then believe we have all truly gone mad.

stephen25000

What an absolute farce this whole affair has become. We truly must the laughing stock of Europe right now.
Just waiting for Klinsmann to be unveiled as the new England footy manager backed by the cast of Dad's Army singing our theme tune & I will then believe we have all truly gone mad.

Yes it is a farce, and we will be laughed at.

Meanwhile Eagle is now standing. I wonder if they have some breakdown of who the new Labour party 'members' will vote for, and/or will Corbyn be on the ballot paper ?

Offline misty

Yes it is a farce, and we will be laughed at.

Meanwhile Eagle is now standing. I wonder if they have some breakdown of who the new Labour party 'members' will vote for, and/or will Corbyn be on the ballot paper ?

It's reported that there has to be another name on the ballot papers besides TM so the Tory membership can vote properly. Cue the return of Boris lol?
As for Labour, Corbyn's name has to be there. Didn't the Unions back him last time? The funniest outcome would be for Corbyn to win again.
I really must stop taking these pills, so many strange things appear to be happening out there.

Alfie

I've heard that Boris is going to challenge Corbyn for the position of Labour leader!

Well it was mooted, maybe only half-jokingly in the ST yesterday....

Offline G-Unit

Apparently, according tothe B.B.C. News, Leadsom is about to quit the leadership election in the Tory party.

Confirmed.

Well, she could have won, don'tcha know. More Conservative Party members voted Leave than Remain, and they now choose the Leader so.....................
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

Confirmed.

And the country are very ,very grateful!!  *&*%£ *&*%£...

Although I am not a great fan of Gove, normally, I truly believe he has the testies to carry out proper negotiations because he was all too aware of the heavy burden of the paperwork being shunted from Brussels and the sheer madness of it all first hand! We don't need a good looking man/woman. or 'Trendy Betty' as our PM we need a sober, educated, unemotional, experienced person. Gove is that man IMO.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline misty

Although I am not a great fan of Gove, normally, I truly believe he has the testies to carry out proper negotiations because he was all too aware of the heavy burden of the paperwork being shunted from Brussels and the sheer madness of it all first hand! We don't need a good looking man/woman. or 'Trendy Betty' as our PM we need a sober, educated, unemotional, experienced person. Gove is that man IMO.

You cannot be serious.
TM can run rings around the lot of them - as Vince Cable will tell you.

You cannot be serious.
TM can run rings around the lot of them - as Vince Cable will tell you.

No, she has PC Library to hand, not tough enough IMO,VERY Ambitious? YES! Tough? NO!. She wasn't too sure about being in or out, afraid to stand up for what she believed in, following both sides to stand with the winner, NOT to be trusted.

Offline Jean-Pierre

You mean Sarah Vine's husband then?

stephen25000

The contest is closed.

May is to make a speech later.

Alfie

Little Englanders everywhere must be gutted by today's news.... 8)--))

stephen25000

Little Englanders everywhere must be gutted by today's news.... 8)--))

Indeed Alfie.

Tis a true shame. 8)><( 8)><(

The contest is closed.

May is to make a speech later.

Ahh but she does not have the  love of the poeple...we will get rid of her soon enough, in  fact a few new parties will rise...We also have a voice in the online route to force action on behalf of the people!! We are becoming stronger already!

stephen25000

Ahh but she does not have the  love of the poeple...we will get rid of her soon enough, in  fact a few new parties will rise...We also have a voice in the online route to force action on behalf of the people!! We are becoming stronger already!

Who is this 'we' then exactly.

I could make suggestions of course. 8(0(*