Author Topic: Who will be the next leader of the Conservative Party and by default, the PM?  (Read 59616 times)

Offline G-Unit

There is a lot of talk about the importance of family on this forum
He realised others could do the job and his family were more important
I agree with him

Cameron never mentioned any of that, did he?

How can you agree with something he didn't say?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

Cameron never mentioned any of that, did he?

How can you agree with something he didn't say?

he doesn't have to say it...some of us are intuitive...strangely enough Katie Hopkins today says may could be better for the job because she has no family.
Post referendum Cameron found himself criticised by both the remainers and brexiters...I'm sure he didn't want to put his family through the nastiness he would find himself subject to...look at wimbledon...I don't blame him one bit.

Offline G-Unit

he doesn't have to say it...some of us are intuitive...strangely enough Katie Hopkins today says may could be better for the job because she has no family.
Post referendum Cameron found himself criticised by both the remainers and brexiters...I'm sure he didn't want to put his family through the nastiness he would find himself subject to...look at wimbledon...I don't blame him one bit.

The trouble with relying on intuition is that there's nothing to support it, it's purely subjective. It's value as a debating point is therefore nil.

Result = happy posting.

Offline ShiningInLuz

so hes passed the baton to someone else ...perhaps thats the best he could do
Then he should have said if Brexit passed the vote, he would step down.  It's called plain and simple English.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

Then he should have said if Brexit passed the vote, he would step down.  It's called plain and simple English.

My intuition tells me he was told to resign.  @)(++(*
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

The trouble with relying on intuition is that there's nothing to support it, it's purely subjective. It's value as a debating point is therefore nil.

Much of what most people post here is subjective and I agree it has nil value

Alfie

Cameron has seemed very chipper about relinquishing his position, from his humming a little tune outside Downing St to his jolly quips in Parliament today.  One can't help but admire his attitude and wish him well. 

Offline Brietta

Cameron has seemed very chipper about relinquishing his position, from his humming a little tune outside Downing St to his jolly quips in Parliament today.  One can't help but admire his attitude and wish him well.

I think it is known as dignity, Alfie. 

Had he stayed ... as he was entitled to ... his party risked being rent asunder and the country along with it.

Now they can progress with running the country under new leadership as they watch the entertaining sidewhow taking place on the other side of the house.

Maybe the SNP initiative to take over as Her Majesty's Opposition is no longer as risible as it once was.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

I think it is known as dignity, Alfie. 

Had he stayed ... as he was entitled to ... his party risked being rent asunder and the country along with it.

Now they can progress with running the country under new leadership as they watch the entertaining sidewhow taking place on the other side of the house.

Maybe the SNP initiative to take over as Her Majesty's Opposition is no longer as risible as it once was.

Cameron always had the intention of presiding over No 10 and resigning before the next election but he sorely misjudged the current British electorate.   If ever there was a reason for proportional representation this was it.  Cameron thought he carried the electorate with him but his judgement was sadly lacking, he fell into the trap of thinking the people of London were representative of the UK...they aren't!

Cameron failed to win the Referendum despite the scaremongering, the attempts to use officialdom to persuade the undecided and the despicable threats to pensioners. All in all a rather nasty piece of work by any standards.  Cameron wrongly believed he would carry on just as before but he was wrong, he had to option but resign.

Now he has gone it is being left to Theresa May to pick up the broken pieces and forge a way through.  She has already stated that she will not invoke Article 50 until the end of the year thereby creating sufficient space to undertake the necessary soundings while the dust settles.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:23:24 PM by Angelo222 »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

Cameron always had the intention of presiding over No 10 and resigning before the next election but he sorely misjudged the current British electorate.   If ever there was a reason for proportional representation this was it.  Cameron thought he carried the electorate with him but his judgement was sadly lacking, he fell into the trap of thinking the people of London were representative of the UK...they aren't!

Cameron failed to win the Referendum despite the scaremongering, the attempts to use officialdom to persuade the undecided and the despicable threats to pensioners. All in all a rather nasty piece of work by any standards.  Cameron wrongly believed he would carry on just as before but he was wrong, he had to option but resign.

Now he has gone it is being left to Theresa May to pick up the broken pieces and forge a way through.  She has already stated that she will not invoke Article 50 until the end of the year thereby creating sufficient space to undertake the necessary soundings while the dust settles.

I think Cameron realised things were going to get very nasty in politics and decided he didn't want to be involved
I certainly don't blame him
Go and enjoy your young family Dave
You will get nothing but nastiness from the great British public

Offline Carana

I think Cameron realised things were going to get very nasty in politics and decided he didn't want to be involved

My impression is that he wasn't that bad on the whole.

Offline Angelo222

My impression is that he wasn't that bad on the whole.

Agreed but like so many he fell just before the winning post.  I said before the referendum that Cameron would have to go and here we are with him handing over the reins to May this very afternoon.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

Theresa May meeting the Queen and will be installed as PM very shortly.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 06:02:13 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Myster

Those leopard skin shoes are getting some hammering.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline G-Unit

It started in the night as the referendum results went against him I expect. As with everything, if you put yourself out there you have to take the bad with the good. A politician is remembered for their mistakes; Thatcher = Poll Tax, Blair = Iraq war, Heath = 3 day week.
Result = happy posting.