Author Topic: Establishing Their Roles.....  (Read 21577 times)

Offline [...]

Re: Establishing Their Roles.....
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 09:20:43 PM »
(19): DCI Gareth Bevan

DCI Gareth Bevan is remembered for his role with the media and the Pizza...

2:22PM GMT 23 Dec 2010

Det Chief Ins Gareth Bevan, from Avon and Somerset Police, said: "We believe Jo reached her home address shortly after 8.30pm on Friday evening.
"From CCTV, we know she bought a pizza at Tesco Express in Clifton Village and there is no evidence of the pizza, the wrappings or the box in the flat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8221880/Police-search-for-pizza-bought-by-missing-architect-Joanna-Yeates.html

DCI Gareth Bevan appears to make no further appearance in relation to the enquiry...

However, Det Chief Insp Gareth Bevan, who appealed for information about the whereabouts of the Tesco pizza, is part of Melanie Hall investigation team and has spoken publicly about that inquiry.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/pizza-key-in-search-for-missing-architect-2169048.html

Where the Police trying to link the two cases ??? 

To me it appears so... especially as Melanie Hall is mentioned in Dr Vincent Tabak's searches...

On his computer at work, Tabak searched for news on
‘Melanie Hall’
‘Avon and Somerset police home page’
‘News’
‘Murder of Melanie Hall’

http://www.criminal-lawyer.org.uk/39-CLN-JAN-2012.pdf

And Dr Vincent Tabak lived in Holland , he would have been 18 years old when Melaine Hall disappeared... The search always seemed suspect to me... (IMO)

The Police are obviously trying to draw someones attention (IMO) and I don't think it was Dr Vincent Tabak..

Offline Leonora

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2017, 08:44:49 AM »
(19): DCI Gareth Bevan

DCI Gareth Bevan is remembered for his role with the media and the Pizza...

2:22PM GMT 23 Dec 2010

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8221880/Police-search-for-pizza-bought-by-missing-architect-Joanna-Yeates.html

DCI Gareth Bevan appears to make no further appearance in relation to the enquiry...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/pizza-key-in-search-for-missing-architect-2169048.html

Where the Police trying to link the two cases ??? 

To me it appears so... especially as Melanie Hall is mentioned in Dr Vincent Tabak's searches...

http://www.criminal-lawyer.org.uk/39-CLN-JAN-2012.pdf

And Dr Vincent Tabak lived in Holland , he would have been 18 years old when Melaine Hall disappeared... The search always seemed suspect to me... (IMO)

The Police are obviously trying to draw someones attention (IMO) and I don't think it was Dr Vincent Tabak..
None of the officers who testified in court appeared in the news media at the time, and none of the latter testified in court. This is very odd. Were they chosen just for their public speaking skills? Was DCI Phil Jones just a symbolic figurehead? I got the impression that it was DCI Joe Goff who was the No. 2 and who actually led the team.

Joanna Yeates was at this time "missing, believed abducted". Until you suggested that this reference to the murder of Melanie Hall was a secret signal to someone known to the police, I had suspected that DCI Gareth Bevan was given the pizza job to divert public attention from their suspicion of Joanna's boyfriend. It may, however, have been a subliminal signal to everyone that "we now fear that Joanna was murdered too".

EDIT: This link, which I've just found, to a report of an arrest less than 4 months before Joanna Yeates went missing, shows that DCI Gareth Bevan was a member of the Melanie Hall murder inquiry team, so his pizza performance was more than just a "subliminal" signal:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7974166/Second-man-arrested-over-Melanie-Hall-murder.html

We know from TM's and VT's e-mail exchanges that the missing pizza made a deep impression on them, so it would have been quite natural for VT to research the murder of Melanie Hall, whose case he would never have heard of before.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 02:48:53 PM by Leonora »

Offline [...]

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2017, 09:05:10 AM »
None of the officers who testified in court appeared in the news media at the time, and none of the latter testified in court. This is very odd. Were they chosen just for their public speaking skills? Was DCI Phil Jones just a symbolic figurehead? I got the impression that it was DCI Joe Goff who was the No. 2 and who actually led the team.

It is really odd I agree...... I was wondering myself if DCI Phil Jones was just a face for the media... That's what I was trying to find out the other day ....  It's extremely strange that DCI Phil Jones doesn't appear in the news media for anything else other than this case...

And on the long thread that mrswah started, I posted a picture of a DCI Phil Jones that was retiring I think... anyway they had put the picture on linkedin and it was a screen grab from a TV news item....

But.... it didn't look like the DCI Phil Jones we have come to know ....

On the linkedin  It says he's an acting DCI and assuming roles.....   this quote is from the google blurb:

Yeovil, Somerset, United Kingdom - ‎Following retirement at the age of 51 years, now looking for a fresh challenge. - ‎Currently seeking a new challenge
Phil Jones ... Recommendations, 1 person has recommended Phil .... Acting DCI duties assuming Senor Management responsibility for the reactive and ...

I haven't signed into linkedin... But it does say something about
Having completed 30 years with Avon and Somerset

How many DCI Phil Jones can be working for the Avon and Somerset police... ??

So maybe our DCI Phil Jones is just a face..... 

Offline [...]

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 12:01:48 PM »
(32): Darren Bane   Deputy Head of Corporate Communications at Avon & Somerset Police,

He became Deputy lead... But he was the Initial lead Press Officer on The Joanna Yeates Case ....

Deputy Head of Corporate Communications
Company Name Avon and Somerset Constabulary
Dates EmployedAug 2008 – Feb 2012  Employment Duration3 yrs 7 mos
LocationPortishead
Second-in-command of department providing comprehensive communications service for Avon and Somerset Police; internal/external, proactive and reactive communications. Was chair of the communications group of the area's Local Resilience Forum and of the communications group for MAPPA (Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements), and day-to-day was manager of the reactive Press team. Was the initial lead press officer on the Joanna Yeates murder enquiry; also led on communications in the wake of a terrorist arrest and a fatal shooting by police offiers. Wide experience of crisis/reputation management; led on media awareness training for staff of all ranks and grades. Role involved managing and motivating a team whose members were often operating under stressful, high-pressure, circumstances and providing strategic support, advice and guidance to senior managers and officers. At gold level, devised and implemented multi-agency communications strategies and engaged in stakeholder and partner-agency/organisation engagement. Was unfortunately made redundant in February 2012, as a result of a budget-enforcement departmental restructure which resulted in three posts being deleted from the establishment.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/darren-bane-44577814/

There seems to have been a change of role in this case ... he is not the only one ... DCI Phil Jones took over on the 27th December 2010..

I've attached 3 images... The third image is from google and if you click on them the articles have been removed ...

Darren is now a PR Manager : https://www.empica.com/Our-Team/Darren-Bane

Darren Bane PR Manager

Darren joined Empica in April 2017 as the next step in a career spanning nearly 30 years in journalism, public relations, corporate communications and marketing.

He holds qualifications from the National Council of Journalists (NCTJ) and Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR).

His career has included working as a senior reporter on the Bristol Evening Post, Deputy Head of Corporate Communications at Avon & Somerset Police, and Marketing and Communications Manager at Weston College. He has been involved in the creation and implementation of a number of award-winning multi-channel public relations and communications campaigns.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Leonora

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 01:36:23 PM »
Darren Bane was Amanda Hirst's deputy at the time of the Joanna Yeates case. He lost his job shortly after that. He's the man with the dossier at Longwood Lane on Xmas day, just behind Jon Stratford, in your 2nd picture. Here is another picture of him at Longwood Lane.

Offline [...]

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 01:46:05 PM »
(2): DI Joe Goff :

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/grief-and-fury-of-joanna-yeates-mum-1085479

Detective Inspector Joe Goff told how the murder had shocked people who knew Tabak in Holland.

He said: "He was somebody who was not particularly comfortable around women, uncomfortable in his social circumstances - even around his peers and, from their perspective, not the sort of person you would imagine could commit this sort of violent crime."

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7613.msg367446;topicseen#msg367446

Crime watch Part 2 : DI Joe Goff:

those screams were of particular interest because it helped us to time, when the acctual incident had happened within Flat 1 which resulted in Joanna's death

This is all I am aware of DI Joe Goff mainly his appearance on Crimewatch after Dr Vincent Tabak was Sentenced....

He's a keen Cyclist... but nothing much more I can find.....

Offline [...]

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2017, 01:48:02 PM »
Darren Bane was Amanda Hirst's deputy at the time of the Joanna Yeates case. He lost his job shortly after that. He's the man with the dossier at Longwood Lane on Xmas day, just behind Jon Stratford, in your 2nd picture. Here is another picture of him at Longwood Lane.

I remember that image leonora... I think it was yourself who pointed me in his direction without you realising it....

But in the info i have given.. he himself says he was Initial the lead!

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 06:26:55 PM »

Any idea why he lost his job?

Offline John

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 06:32:16 PM »
Any idea why he lost his job?

Lost as in took early retirement per chance?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Leonora

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2017, 10:58:51 AM »
(32): Darren Bane   Deputy Head of Corporate Communications at Avon & Somerset Police,

He became Deputy lead... But he was the Initial lead Press Officer on The Joanna Yeates Case ....

https://www.linkedin.com/in/darren-bane-44577814/

There seems to have been a change of role in this case ... he is not the only one ... DCI Phil Jones took over on the 27th December 2010..

I've attached 3 images... The third image is from google and if you click on them the articles have been removed ...

Darren is now a PR Manager : https://www.empica.com/Our-Team/Darren-Bane
The DCI Phil Jones who made numerous appearances in connection with this case seems to have no other internet footprint. He hasn't won any awards, nor been involved in any other serious cases that we know of. You did find an officer at Avon & Somerset Constabulary called Phil Jones, but it was easy to see from his photo that it couldn't be the same man.

Why not draw the obvious conclusion? - that the Phil Jones allegedly running the Joanna Yeates murder inquiry was an actor, engaged to present a convincing face to the public, and to protect real detectives from intimidation?

I have no idea why Darren Bane lost his job, but I would assume it had to do with the completion of Operation Braid, which required huge amounts of publicity.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 11:01:22 AM by Leonora »

Offline [...]

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 10:09:03 AM »
(1): DCI Phil Jones

Now DCI Phil Jones, was The Media Face of "The Joanna Yeates Murder Investigation" and it was his leadership that was imperative in the apprehension of "The Murderer " of "Joanna Yeates"

It was "The Leveson Inquiry".. That I first had been made aware of DCI Phil Jones taking charge on the 27th December 2010...

Up until this point the face of DC "Mark Saunders" was in the fore front of "The Missing Person" Inquiry... DCI Phil Jones.. pushed forward his Investigation surrounding the Building... that being 44 Canygne Road Bristol...

He had already made a grave error in arresting The Landlord Chris Jefferies... which culminated in The Media running a mock and  a rather expensive Inquiry, being "The Leveson Inquiry"....

His unbridled determination to prove that Dr Vincent Tabak had indeed committed this appauling crime only was proven with the "Illegal Interview in Holland " that he had to be aware of (IMO)...

He I believe was always running this "Murder Investigation" and `i believe that it was earlier than the date he told the Leveson Enquiry... The reason I give for this belief is the way in which the whole Investigation was being run... As a "Twin Track Investigation"... with A "Missing Persons Enquiry" and a "Murder Enquiry" being run similtaniously.. (IMO..

In my Opinion he has gone on record contradiciting himself...  And I believe I can prove this UNTRUE he told....(IMO)

In the :Judge Rinder Program" about the "Murder of "Joanna Yeates" DCI PHIL JONES Says: At 31:25 mins:

It was around the 20th January, that erm... we positively identified there were components in the mixed DNA.. of Vincent Tabak

He hadn't returned to the flat, and was staying with a friend in another part of Bristol.. We went there in the early hours of 20th January we arrested him..

All the Evidence would have had to be in place the day before they planned to arrest Dr Vincent Tabak, if he conducted himself in the same way as he had done with CJ's arrest... He was not going into another situation without what he would believe all the "T's" crossed (IMO)

I'll refer back to what "Colin Port" told "The Leveson Inquiry" with regards CJ's Planned arrest"

The SIO was very aware of the media interest and took considerable care to
avoid the media having any opportunity of witnessing any part of the arrest
procedures and identifying Mr Jefferies. The SIO made an entry in his policy
book on 29 December which reads "Christopher Jefferies will be arrested on
suspicion of the murder of Joanna Yeates tomorrow morning (30.12.10)
during the hours of darkness at approximately 07:00 hours

Why would DCI Phil Jones Change his tack... If they had been gathering Evidence against Dr Vincent tabak since late December 2010...

The must have needed a "Warrant" to arrest Dr Vincent Tabak at the Address of Aberdeen Road.. and this would need to be signed by a Majistrate... I cannot see how it would be "Conceivable" for The Avon And SomersetPolice Force" to arrest someone at an address without such a warrant... I believe just like DCI Phil Jones Had written in his "Policy Book" about arresting CJ the day before his arrest.. He too would have written in his "Policy Book" at least the day before that the "Planned Arrest of "Dr Vincent Tabak " would be executed on the 29th January 2010..

This "Policy Book" would have details of the DNA sample that he clearly state he recieved on the 20th January 2011.. which infact had to be an impossibility.. because they needed the DNA sample as "Part" of the Evidence to Arrest "Dr Vincent Tabak" in the first place....  I believe they knew how to use the media to their advantage and continued to do so after the trial had completed....

I believe the public was completeley deceived.. And even now I can see as I am writing this that the wool has been pulled over our eyes... Which I will go on to post after this post....(IMO)

I will add more on DCI Phil Jones at a later date

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20140122145147/http:/www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Witness-Statement-of-Chief-Constable-Colin-Port.pdf

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7613.msg369062;topicseen#msg369062

Offline Leonora

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 11:38:34 AM »
(1): DCI Phil Jones

Now DCI Phil Jones, was The Media Face of "The Joanna Yeates Murder Investigation" and it was his leadership that was imperative in the apprehension of "The Murderer " of "Joanna Yeates"

It was "The Leveson Inquiry".. That I first had been made aware of DCI Phil Jones taking charge on the 27th December 2010...

Up until this point the face of DC "Mark Saunders" was in the fore front of "The Missing Person" Inquiry... DCI Phil Jones.. pushed forward his Investigation surrounding the Building... that being 44 Canygne Road Bristol...

He had already made a grave error in arresting The Landlord Chris Jefferies... which culminated in The Media running a mock and  a rather expensive Inquiry, being "The Leveson Inquiry"....

His unbridled determination to prove that Dr Vincent Tabak had indeed committed this appauling crime only was proven with the "Illegal Interview in Holland " that he had to be aware of (IMO)...

He I believe was always running this "Murder Investigation" and `i believe that it was earlier than the date he told the Leveson Enquiry... The reason I give for this belief is the way in which the whole Investigation was being run... As a "Twin Track Investigation"... with A "Missing Persons Enquiry" and a "Murder Enquiry" being run similtaniously.. (IMO..
Detective Superintendant Mark Saunders was the public face of Operation Braid for only two days - 21st & 22nd December 2010. DCI Gareth Bevan with his pizza became the public face on 23rd December 2010, as I now believe, to signal that Joanna Yeates's disappearance might be linked to the murder of Melanie Hall. From 24th to 27th December, Chief Superintendant Jon Stratford was the public face of Operation Braid.

I don't believe DCI Jones acted as a real SIO at all. I believe it was Anne Reddrop who was really running the case, perhaps from as early as 20th December 2010. She was the mastermind of the twin-track inquiry. There are two officers in this case whose formidable intelligence stands out, and she is one of them. The other is William Clegg QC.

Offline [...]

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 12:30:51 PM »
Detective Superintendant Mark Saunders was the public face of Operation Braid for only two days - 21st & 22nd December 2010. DCI Gareth Bevan with his pizza became the public face on 23rd December 2010, as I now believe, to signal that Joanna Yeates's disappearance might be linked to the murder of Melanie Hall. From 24th to 27th December, Chief Superintendant Jon Stratford was the public face of Operation Braid.

I don't believe DCI Jones acted as a real SIO at all. I believe it was Anne Reddrop who was really running the case, perhaps from as early as 20th December 2010. She was the mastermind of the twin-track inquiry. There are two officers in this case whose formidable intelligence stands out, and she is one of them. The other is William Clegg QC.

I believe you are onto something there leonora.... In DCI Phil Jones Carefully Crafted statement to The Leveson Inquiry... he never actually admits to being the SIO of the Joanna Yeates case... He allows us to beieve that he is;

I am a Detective Chief Inspector with the Avon and Somerset Constabulary. I
have 23 years service and during this time I have worked in a variety of
operational roles both in uniform and as a detective, I have spent the last 11
years in a detective role and have progressed from the rank of Detective
Sergeant to Detective Chief Inspector, Upon promotion to Detective Chief
Inspector in October 2008, I was posted to the Constabulary’s Major Crime
Investigation Team as a Senior Investigating Officer ("SIO").

This team takes
the investigative lead for all homicides within the Avon and Somerset force area
and following collaboration in January 2011 this has included the Wiltshire Police
force area. In June 2010 I gained PIP Level III accreditation as an SIO. PIP
(Professionalising Investigation Programme) is a national formal academic
accreditation which recognises the professionalism and competence of
investigators within the Police Service through assessment in the workplace. To
achieve this accreditation I was required to evidence my competence as a
Senior Investigator in the investigation of major crime and demonstrate my
ability to deliver professional, ethical and effective investigations,

4, As an SIO i have led numerous Homicide investigations within a diverse range
of circumstances and communities,

These investigations have varied in
complexity and have ranged from Category A+ murders such as the Joanna
Yeates investigation where the offender is unknown and there is a high level of
media interest and public concern, to Category C murders where the identity of
the offender is apparent at the outset of the investigation and/or evidence can
be secured easily.

And thank you for pointing that out.... So was it DCI Mark Luther who was indeed the SIO of 'The Joanna Yeates Murder Investigation".... the same DCI Mark Luther that we can find "Nothing" about??

EDIT..... If DCI Mark Luther had such a pivitol role in "The Joanna Yeates Murder Investigation"... why did he NOT Appear at "The Leveson Inquiry:??

Was it because DCI Phil Jones was JUST THE MEDIA FACE.... and ONLY THE MEDIA FACE of this Investigation that he appeared.... Because all of the other people who appeared were media related... And Colin Port as the "Big Chief " was ultimatley responsible for his underlings...

Meaning anyone else who was In charge didn't have to make an appearance....  But whilst searching for this Information... I have found a PDF from "The Leveson Inquiry" were they believe that DCI Phil Jones is the SIO of "The Joanna Yeates Investigation"...

Jones, Philip   Detective Chief Inspector, Avon & Somerset
Constabulary.
SIO of the Joanna Yeates murder investigation.  Day 56

Double Edit....
s. I was appointed as SIO on 27th December 2010 and in
consultation with CCD continued to develop the media strategy as the
investigation grew, documenting al! media related decisions in my policy book.
(I'd love to see that Policy Book"..)

Was He the SIO... or the SIO of Media ??? according to his statement he is saying he is the SIO of "The Joanna Yeates Murder Investigation".... He doesn't state which SIO he was being an SIO For....

So Again... How was DCI Mark Luther in charge of this Investigation....

Third Edit:.... Sorry about this but DCI Phil Jones does state that:

My experience as SIO on
the Joanna Yeates investigation does not alter that view
At the bottom of his statement to "The Leveson Inquiry"..

Basically the question needs to be .... How many SIO's were on "The Joannaa Yeates Murder Investigation "???

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20140122145147/http:/www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Closing-Submission-for-Module-2-from-MPS.pdf

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20140122145147/http:/www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Witness-Statement-of-DCI-Phillip-Jones.pdf

Offline [...]

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2017, 01:38:48 PM »
(35): Chief Super Colin Port... i haven't covered him as yet... But...

The SIO made an entry in his policy
book on 29 December which reads "Christopher Jefferies will be arrested on
suspicion of the murder of Joanna Yeates tomorrow morning (30.12.10)
during the hours of darkness at approximately 07:00 hours
Who is he refering to....??

Later he says:

(52) What was the media strategy for the Joanna Yeates murder
enquiry?
Response: The strategy is set out in the statement to the Inquiry
from the SIO, DCI Phillip Jones.

He follows up with : 
(53) Who set this strategy?
Response: The SIO, in consultation with the Head of Corporate
Communications and the Gold Commander.

Notice he doesn't say DCI Phil Jones....

The nest statement is confusing..... And I believe it is meant to be confusing....

(54) What was the senior investigating officer’s role in the
handling of the media?
Response; The SIO was the spokesperson on behalf of the
investigation, There is a view held by some that this role should be
performed by someone not involved in the investigation as it could be
a distraction for the SIO,

I: do not hold that view, quite the contrary.
In my experience the public and the media and the investigation
team get confidence from the SIO making direct appeals from an
informed and, if necessary, detailed basis.

It is important that the offenders also understand the SIO is visible and determined in their
pursuit to find the truth, One way of demonstrating this is the SIO
being visible. I had a discussion with DCI Jones along these lines.

(55) Who directed and controlled
communications with the media?
police contact and
Response: The Communications Department and the Gold
Commander controlled the communications with the media in
conjunction with the SIO.

Which SIO is he referring too??  Because all along we believe he is referring too DCI Phil Jones... But his next statement changes that view in my Opinion....

(64) Is it necessary for police forces to have a press office and
what is your view of the utility and role of police press
offices?
Response’ It is absolutely necessary to have a press office.
Corporate Communications engage both externally and internally and

the Joanna Yeates investigation is a very good example of how, to a
large extent,

the SIO in a high profile investigation can be left to get
on with the job of investigating the crime without constantly being
side tracked by having to deal with media issues.

This is the clincher.... in "Chief Super Colin's Ports" signed statement to "The Leveson Inquiry"... (IMO)...

the SIO in a high profile investigation can be left to get
on with the job of investigating the crime without constantly being
side tracked by having to deal with media issues.

Well obviously he wasn't side tracked..... Because DCI Phil Jones constantly appeared at "Press Conferences" about "The Joanna Yeates Murder Investigation"...

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20140122145147/http:/www.levesoninquiry.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Witness-Statement-of-Chief-Constable-Colin-Port.pdf

Offline [...]

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 01:49:19 PM »

And to add to my above post.... I truly believe that this is the reason that "DCI Phil Jones"... did not appear in the witness box to cohoborate any interviews or evidence he had come across.....

Because he was just the SIO In charge of "The Media Side" of "The Joanna Yeates Murder Investigation"... And as such could not contribute to the trial....

Unlike the Elusive DCI Mark Luther who was In Charge of "The Investigation"... And gave testimony at Trial to this effect!!!! (IMO)