Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509985 times)

Offline The General

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #1095 on: April 15, 2019, 06:39:31 PM »
Please stop adding unnecessary asides.  They will be deleted.
Not quite sure what this is about, but it does seem a rather draconian policy for a mere 'aside'.
Most of the content posted here is 'an aside'. Also seems somewhat biased.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1096 on: April 15, 2019, 07:04:10 PM »
Not quite sure what this is about, but it does seem a rather draconian policy for a mere 'aside'.
Most of the content posted here is 'an aside'. Also seems somewhat biased.

Insulting and or unnecessary additions.  This is not up for discussion.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1097 on: April 15, 2019, 07:05:41 PM »
We're such insensitive souls, I doubt we'd have even noticed.
When you choose to be, but little snowflakes when you percieve insult or injury to one of your own.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #1098 on: April 15, 2019, 07:08:42 PM »
When you choose to be, but little snowflakes when you percieve insult or injury to one of your own.

Not me - you must be confused
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1099 on: April 15, 2019, 07:10:54 PM »
Not me - you must be confused
When you said “we” was that the royal we then?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #1100 on: April 15, 2019, 07:13:05 PM »
When you said “we” was that the royal we then?

But of course. You may kiss my ring if you like.  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1101 on: April 15, 2019, 07:26:00 PM »
But of course. You may kiss my ring if you like.  ?{)(**
Gosh, such sophisticated humour.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1102 on: April 15, 2019, 07:29:28 PM »
The defence lawyer was doing his job, but he failed to get the evidence declared inadmissible.
http://www.thepensivequill.com/2012/01/tried-and-acquitted.html

I believe the court ruled that the evidence supported by perlin was not reliable

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1103 on: April 15, 2019, 07:36:14 PM »
I believe the court ruled that the evidence supported by perlin was not reliable

Cite?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1104 on: April 15, 2019, 07:38:54 PM »
Cite?

The court ruled that the presence of DNA did not place the defendant at the crime scene... The evidence was not a reliable indication....

Dr Perlin’s evidence strongly linked Colin Duffy and Brian Shivers to the getaway car used by the killers of English soldiers Mark Quinsey and Patrick Azimkar, who were gunned down outside a Northern Ireland army base two years ago.

So if perlin says his system strongly places Maddie in the car.... Can we believe him.... It seems not
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 07:43:34 PM by Davel »

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #1105 on: April 15, 2019, 09:09:14 PM »
I think it's because it's such a large and complicated subject he's trying to tackle. He mentions bias in the police and judiciary briefly, and thats a complicated subject on it's own. Police and judges react differently to different people as we all do. That's why. in the UK, a group of youths from a council estate with a bad reputation are more likely to be arrested and punished by the law if they are fighting in the street than a group of aristocratic youths are for the same offence.

Then he tries to tackle the media reactions to the story and why it developed as it did. Again, a huge subject which was influenced by so many different factors.

I found his observations to be accurate and his demure appropriate for the subject matter- he seems to be reading and writing from an independant remit. Which is refreshing.

We are all very well aware that the media can and do make villans and heros  of the public whether deserving or not.  Brenda Layland a more obvious created villan, along with Amaral, PJ and anyone esle who dare to speak out. but then the tide began to change...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1106 on: April 15, 2019, 09:27:18 PM »
The court ruled that the presence of DNA did not place the defendant at the crime scene... The evidence was not a reliable indication....

Dr Perlin’s evidence strongly linked Colin Duffy and Brian Shivers to the getaway car used by the killers of English soldiers Mark Quinsey and Patrick Azimkar, who were gunned down outside a Northern Ireland army base two years ago.

So if perlin says his system strongly places Maddie in the car.... Can we believe him.... It seems not

Firstly, Perlin's evidence was ruled admissible; you said it wasn't. Secondly, do you have a cite or not? Thirdly, Perlin's evidence wasn't enough to prove Duffy was present at the time of the shootings. I would say the DNA evidence was insufficient, not unreliable. Duffy never denied it was his DNA, he said it had been planted.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1107 on: April 15, 2019, 09:38:13 PM »
Firstly, Perlin's evidence was ruled admissible; you said it wasn't. Secondly, do you have a cite or not? Thirdly, Perlin's evidence wasn't enough to prove Duffy was present at the time of the shootings. I would say the DNA evidence was insufficient, not unreliable. Duffy never denied it was his DNA, he said it had been planted.
I never said perlins evidence was ruled inadmissible.. You are mistaken... Perlin claimed the DNA strongly linked Duffy to the car... The court didn't accept that.. Thats a cite...

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 09:44:46 PM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1108 on: April 15, 2019, 09:52:02 PM »

I found his observations to be accurate and his demure appropriate for the subject matter- he seems to be reading and writing from an independant remit. Which is refreshing.

We are all very well aware that the media can and do make villans and heros  of the public whether deserving or not.  Brenda Layland a more obvious created villan, along with Amaral, PJ and anyone esle who dare to speak out. but then the tide began to change...

I agree with Sonia Poulson. The internet has prevented the McCanns from ensuring that only their version of events will be heard.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1109 on: April 15, 2019, 09:57:29 PM »
I agree with Sonia Poulson. The internet has prevented the McCanns from ensuring that only their version of events will be heard.

I think everyone  would agree there's a lot of absolute rubbish on the net