Author Topic: Removal of old user names  (Read 4793 times)

Offline Admin

Removal of old user names
« on: September 14, 2012, 03:04:35 PM »
In order to keep the forum free of redundant or spam accounts we recently took the decision to remove member accounts and user names which have not posted or logged in for a period exceeding 60 days. 

If a member wishes to leave the forum temporarily they must log in occasionally otherwise their account will be automatically deleted.

Admins   ?>)()<

Offline Joanne

Re: Removal of old user names
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
 8((()*/ Go for it.

Offline Joanne

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 05:59:08 PM »
Would it be possible to have an exit method, something like the blue forum have, so that people who want to leave-can?

Offline buddy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »
Would it be possible to have an exit method, something like the blue forum have, so that people who want to leave-can?
[/quote
Good suggestion Joanne.It does seem that you have so few members that you tend to cling on to what you have.
I tried to delite my account, but was unable to do so.
I have no problem with your members, in fact me and Tim have come to a sort of understanding, and I am grateful for that.
Fact is folk should be able to come and go as they please. I have no dislike of any posters here, but obviously think they are  wrong..

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 06:29:50 PM »

Any member can leave at any time. If they want their user name expunged they just ask.   Any unused names are automatically deleted after two months in any event in order to keep the list of members up to date.  Members are only maintained as members as long as they take part to some extent.

The blue forum don't delete dormant and/or unused accounts.  There are dozens of accounts over there which have never posted and are only retained to keep up numbers.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Joanne

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 06:34:06 PM »
They might not delete old accounts but they do have a removal button, so at least you can go without being noticed.

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 07:45:06 PM »
They might not delete old accounts but they do have a removal button, so at least you can go without being noticed.

Why would anyone on here want to sleek off unnoticed Joanne?  Any member worth their salt would be missed immediately.  In any event they only have to pm admin or myself and ask for their account to be removed.  If I remember correctly that has only happened once and that was a saddo from the blue forum only over here to cause trouble.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:19:34 AM by Admin »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 08:07:20 PM »

Why would anyone on here want to sleek off unnoticed Joanne?  Any member worth their salt would be missed immediately.  In any event they only have to pm admin or myself and ask for their account to be removed.  If I remember correctly that has only happened once and that was a saddo from the blue forum only over here to cause trouble.

Why the interest?  Do you want to leave?

Is someone upsetting you Joanne.  You appear to be very unsettled recently.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Admin

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 05:05:22 PM »
Its Spring clean time again so we have removed lots of old user names which are redundant or have not logged in or posted for some time.  This keeps a tight ship and stops an accumulation of superfluous data which only slows up the forum.

Happy posting.
   ?>)()<

Padgates staff

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 06:30:56 PM »
Where has ActualMat gone?

Offline Myster

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 06:49:44 PM »

Good question... not seen him over on blue either!  >@@(*&)

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 07:27:12 PM »

Good question... not seen him over on blue either!  >@@(*&)

He's taking a break while there isn't much happening I think.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 08:21:34 PM »
Hey people.  8)-)))

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 08:43:03 PM »
Hey people.  8)-)))

Hi Matt!!  Good to have you back mate.   8@??)(

Offline ActualMat

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 09:16:17 PM »
Thanks, John. Time to get reading, I've missed a lot.