Poll

Should the truce with the blue forum continue in its present form?

Yes
8 (33.3%)
No
4 (16.7%)
Yes but with guidelines
12 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: November 15, 2012, 12:47:41 PM

Author Topic: Poll -Truce with the Jeremy Bamber forum.  (Read 26026 times)

Offline Admin

Poll -Truce with the Jeremy Bamber forum.
« on: November 10, 2012, 12:47:41 PM »
We have been asked by several members to review the truce with the blue forum so this is your opportunity to have your say.

Offline Matthew Wyse

Re: Poll -Truce with the Jeremy Bamber forum.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 12:54:30 PM »
We have been asked by several members to review the truce with the blue forum so this is your opportunity to have your say.
I don't think it is acceptable in its current forum so I vote no.  We should forumlate guidelines because the way it is at the moment everone is working to their own rules.   8((()*/
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 01:24:08 PM »
I'm saying it's time to stop harping on about what the blue forum is doing, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything anymore. Since the truce has been called NOTHING has been said about ANY member on here by ANYONE over there and they have aired on the side of caution since the truce began yet everyone here is pushing it, pushing it and STILL debating what they're saying over there. At some point, there has to be a realisation that whats gone on has previously has stopped and it's wrong to resurect what happened before the truce.
We are two seperate boards and I have tried to put new threads up about different cases, nobody is interested it keeps coming back to the same 2 or 3 threads or people depending on how you want to view it and I feel I cannot add anything further to this forum which is a shame because I do love the people but I don't like the stuff/people being debated anymore, it's no fun and everytime I log on I don't know what I'm going to read-it's not what I joined for.

An interesting point of view Joanne.  So lets see, in your opinion it is alright for Mike Tesko to post that Sheila Caffell shot her father and the other members of the family and then shot herself,  made her way upstairs to the bedroom and shot herself again and we don't comment??  8-)(--)   

I agree to a certain extent that personal attacks got out of control and I agree that something had to be done but an across the board ban of discussing everything and everyone on the blue forum is just plain silly.  There should be a set of guidelines or rules in place and that is the problem...there aren't any.

The Jeremy Bamber case accounts for most of the posts on this forum with just about every member having contributed to that debate in some way or other.  To then say that the Jeremy Bamber forum is nothing to do with us is just not true.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Admin

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 01:42:55 PM »
I'm saying it's time to stop harping on about what the blue forum is doing, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything anymore. Since the truce has been called NOTHING has been said about ANY member on here by ANYONE over there and they have aired on the side of caution since the truce began yet everyone here is pushing it, pushing it and STILL debating what they're saying over there. At some point, there has to be a realisation that whats gone on has previously has stopped and it's wrong to resurect what happened before the truce.
We are two seperate boards and I have tried to put new threads up about different cases, nobody is interested it keeps coming back to the same 2 or 3 threads or people depending on how you want to view it and I feel I cannot add anything further to this forum which is a shame because I do love the people but I don't like the stuff/people being debated anymore, it's no fun and everytime I log on I don't know what I'm going to read-it's not what I joined for.

An interesting point of view Joanne.  So lets see, in your opinion it is alright for Mike Tesko to post that Sheila Caffell shot her father and the other members of the family and then shot herself,  made her way upstairs to the bedroom and shot herself again and we don't comment??  8-)(--)   

I agree to a certain extent that personal attacks got out of control and I agree that something had to be done but an across the board ban of discussing everything and everyone on the blue forum is just plain silly.  There should be a set of guidelines or rules in place and that is the problem...there aren't any.

The Jeremy Bamber case accounts for most of the posts on this forum with just about every member having contributed to that debate in some way or other.  To then say that the Jeremy Bamber forum is nothing to do with us is just not true.

It is true that as long as there is a forum promoting the idea that Jeremy Bamber is innocent there will always be a strong response to them.  Our job as Admin is, as we see it, to ensure that those responses are targeted, reasonable and not abusive. 

It was recently suggested that we should remove threads relating to anonymous posters on the blue forum but why should we?   If these individuals feel empowered sufficiently by their anonymity to make comments which in many cases are defamatory and downright libellous towards the Eaton and Boutflour family and others including our own members then they must receive a robust response. This applies across the board irrespective of who is being commented on.

The real problem, if some of us are to take our blinkers off for a moment, was that the blue forum permitted several individuals to run riot on their forum for weeks.  We all know who they are and what their agenda was.  These people are not interested in discussing potential miscarriages of justice, they are only concerned with causing disruption.  The blue forums initial failure to control these individuals says much more about them than we could possibly do.

Time for change certainly but change for the better.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 01:44:55 PM »
Mike is entitled to his opinion just as much as the rest of us, I don't know what happened, I can only go on the info I have got. There are things we're not all going to agree on here.

Lets face it, Mike Tesko is a liar.  END OFF!!           His opinion counts for nothing, his facts are twisted, his fantasies rule the day.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline devils advocate

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 01:48:38 PM »
If we stopped commenting and criticising the Bamber forum they would get away with murder.   8(8-))

I say a review is badly needed and please stop this bickering folks.   8@??)(

Offline abs

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 01:51:23 PM »
I voted no, because you cannot make a truce between nutcases.  ?>)()<

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 01:51:42 PM »
If we stopped commenting and criticising the Bamber forum they would get away with murder.   8(8-))

I say a review is badly needed and please stop this bickering folks.   8@??)(
Flippin heck isnt that why we all got together in the first place.

Lets get real for once guys.......we wouldn't even be here if it hadn't been for the blue forum.   @)(++(*

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »
I voted no, because you cannot make a truce between nutcases.  ?>)()<
   8@??)(  8@??)(   @)(++(*  @)(++(*  @)(++(*

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 02:03:42 PM »
I didn't know about the Jeremy Bamber forum before I joined here and it's the bickering thats got us to this situation. This forum isn't the CCRC is it?

We have heard this before.  You underestimate the power of the internet Jo.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Admin

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »
Roch wants to know if the poll is open and true.  Members have the opportunity to add comment to the poll so those also will be taken into consideration.

Just to be clear Roch, the members aren't suggesting scrapping the truce, just clarifying its terms.   8(0(*

Offline John

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2012, 02:31:33 PM »
Roch wants to know if the poll is open and true.  Members have the opportunity to add comment to the poll so those also will be taken into consideration.

Just to be clear Roch, the members aren't suggesting scrapping the truce, just clarifying its terms.   8(0(*

Maybe they should have a poll as well?   8@??)(
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2012, 02:35:57 PM »

It is true that as long as there is a forum promoting the idea that Jeremy Bamber is innocent there will always be a strong response to them.  Our job as Admin is, as we see it, to ensure that those responses are targeted, reasonable and not abusive. 

It was recently suggested that we should remove threads relating to anonymous posters on the blue forum but why should we?   If these individuals feel empowered sufficiently by their anonymity to make comments which in many cases are defamatory and downright libellous towards the Eaton and Boutflour family and others including our own members then they must receive a robust response. This applies across the board irrespective of who is being commented on.

The real problem, if some of us are to take our blinkers off for a moment, was that the blue forum permitted several individuals to run riot on their forum for weeks.  We all know who they are and what their agenda was.  These people are not interested in discussing potential miscarriages of justice, they are only concerned with causing disruption.  The blue forums initial failure to control these individuals says much more about them than we could possibly do.

Time for change certainly but change for the better.

Good post.  The Jeremy Bamber forum has crossed the line on some many counts both legally and morally that I wouldn't know where to begin.  I was told some time ago that their activities were the subject of some scrutiny and rightly so.  The recent events with the press and the internet have showed that there are consequences to defaming people, a lesson that some of their members will surely learn in the fullness of time. ?{)(**
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »
Constructive criticism of those on the blue forum will continue and to that end I would hope to see guest posting brought back at the earliest opportunity.

Offline Aunt Agatha

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 03:33:41 PM »
To NOT personally attack any individuals from the blue forum - yes, I am in favour of that.

One can debate what an individual has posted, but to post personal remarks about that persons,  beliefs or perception in a critical and abusive way is wrong.

The still do not like the thread being up about Lookout - it is most personal and is bound to cause upset - this is what I disagree with.