Author Topic: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)  (Read 398738 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: General discussion about the latest news (not search related)
« Reply #5685 on: November 11, 2019, 10:02:56 AM »
People tend to forget that Operation Grange isn't in charge of this case.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5686 on: November 11, 2019, 10:09:47 AM »
I wonder how much time, money and effort those in charge of the case are expending on it.  Why have they not shelved it again, I also wonder....
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #5687 on: November 11, 2019, 10:12:58 AM »
Do you think there are four undercover cops trailing the McCanns all day every day waiting for them to let slip they know where the body is then?   
No. I said surveillance. Could be anyone.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5688 on: November 11, 2019, 11:14:53 AM »
I wonder how much time, money and effort those in charge of the case are expending on it.  Why have they not shelved it again, I also wonder....

Do you expect them to tell? I don't.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #5689 on: November 11, 2019, 12:21:24 PM »

One wouldn't think so given the £millions they have spent on it and achieved absolutely nothing.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

« Reply #5690 on: November 11, 2019, 12:23:48 PM »
One wouldn't think so given the £millions they have spent on it and achieved absolutely nothing.

Don't be so hard on them, they've provided employment for numerous detectives on their run-down to retirement.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5691 on: November 11, 2019, 03:00:21 PM »

They've managed to damage their own reputation, imo. That's an achievement of sorts. On the plus side we don't have any more inadequate/dodgy 'private investigators' winding the media up with their daft theories.
Result = happy posting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #5692 on: November 11, 2019, 04:27:58 PM »
To be fair, the Met were bounced into it by an opportunistic and naive  Prime Minister, eager for some popularity.
It will continue, seemingly for ever as no one will want to be known as the one who pulled the plug on 'Little Maddie'
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #5693 on: November 11, 2019, 05:29:43 PM »
To be fair, the Met were bounced into it by an opportunistic and naive  Prime Minister, eager for some popularity.
It will continue, seemingly for ever as no one will want to be known as the one who pulled the plug on 'Little Maddie'

They'll have no option once the statute of limitations kicks in,2022?
Rowley in 2017 said the Metropolitan police contribution won't go on for as long has it has been going,that was 3 yrs ago,it was going for 6 prior to that,not long now.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 05:36:08 PM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5694 on: November 11, 2019, 05:45:30 PM »
They'll have no option once the statute of limitations kicks in,2022?
Rowley in 2017 said the Metropolitan police contribution won't go on for as long has it has been going,that was 3 yrs ago,it was going for 6 prior to that,not long now.

You've lost me there, Barrier.  Statute of limitations 2022 ??
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #5695 on: November 11, 2019, 05:48:43 PM »
You've lost me there, Barrier.  Statute of limitations 2022 ??

Portugal.

Portuguese Penal Code - Article 118
Terms of prescription

1. The criminal proceedings extinguishes through the effect of prescription as soon as from the
exertion of the crime has elapsed the following terms:
a) 15 years, concerning crime punishable with prison penalty for a maximum limit superior to 10
years.
b) 10 years, when it concerns crimes punishable with prison penalties with a maximum term equal
or superior to 5 years, but not exceeding 10 years.
c) 5 years, when it concerns crimes punishable with prison penalties with a maximum term equal or
superior to one year, but inferior to 5 years.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7626.0
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 05:55:48 PM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5696 on: November 11, 2019, 05:56:47 PM »
Portugal.

How do you think that will affect crimes against children in a British investigation where no time barred limitations are involved ?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5697 on: November 11, 2019, 06:01:53 PM »
How do you think that will affect crimes against children in a British investigation where no time barred limitations are involved ?

A crime which took place in Portugal and which will be tried in Portugal?
Result = happy posting.

Offline barrier

« Reply #5698 on: November 11, 2019, 06:02:18 PM »

What if OG have no evidence Madeleine left Portugal, what then?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5699 on: November 11, 2019, 06:06:58 PM »
What if OG have no evidence Madeleine left Portugal, what then?

I'm still not clear where a 2022 Statute of Limitations fits in to the equation.  I don't think you have clarified that ... do please elucidate.