Author Topic: Is it possible to leverage the media to Madeleine's benefit?  (Read 17589 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Is it possible to leverage the media to Madeleine's benefit?
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2019, 12:53:46 PM »
I don't believe any particular scenario as I'm not party to all the relevant information.
OG, on the other hand, are party to all the information that there is and cannot rule anything out for certain.
All they seem to have is a 'professional belief', which means they don't know either.

Indeed!
OG are party to all the information and have said that the McCanns are not suspects.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline jassi

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2019, 12:56:49 PM »
Indeed!
OG are party to all the information and have said that the McCanns are not suspects.

How many times do you need to have it explained that without a defined crime, your cannot have a suspect.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2019, 01:07:46 PM »
So you believe in woke and wandered?
Well I do.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2019, 01:12:36 PM »
Well I do.

OK, she got outside. Then what?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Erngath

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2019, 01:23:07 PM »
How many times do you need to have it explained that without a defined crime, your cannot have a suspect.

Either you believe there was no crime in which case there can be no suspects ..........or you believe there was a crime.
Taking the possibility that a crime was committed  can you name which crimes could be possible.

A) The parents simulated adbuction and disposed of her body...
B) She was abducted.

What other crimes are possible?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2019, 01:27:57 PM »
If such a crime exists, Portugal would not have jurisdiction to investigate and try it. The fund being legally registered in England, it would be our English colleagues who would deal with the case. (TOTL)
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2019, 01:32:30 PM »

Either you believe there was no crime in which case there can be no suspects ..........or you believe there was a crime.
Taking the possibility that a crime was committed  can you name which crimes could be possible.

A) The parents simulated adbuction and disposed of her body...
B) She was abducted.

What other crimes are possible?
Both are possibilities. No one, including the police apparently, can be certain that either is true, as they haven't been able to define a crime.

Working on information received from interested parties, police have developed a working hypothesis, which as yet, they have been unable to prove - at least as far as we the public have been told.

Or maybe not -

Offline Erngath

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2019, 01:40:58 PM »
Both are possibilities. No one, including the police apparently, can be certain that either is true, as they haven't been able to define a crime.

Working on information received from interested parties, police have developed a working hypothesis, which as yet, they have been unable to prove - at least as far as we the public have been told.

But as they have stated that the McCanns are not suspects then as there are only two possibilities of any crime, they the do not see crime A as a possiblity.

Offline jassi

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2019, 01:48:06 PM »
But as they have stated that the McCanns are not suspects then as there are only two possibilities of any crime, they the do not see crime A as a possiblity.

Indeed, but it is only their opinion of what happened, rather than a proven fact and should not be taken as such.

Whatever BELIEF one may have, none of us know for certain and should therefore keep an open mind on what happened until we know otherwise.

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2019, 01:51:58 PM »
OK, she got outside. Then what?
She got to the secondary reception and she found the door there shut and she couldn't get in to the Tapas area.
She was picked up from the car park opposite the door.  That is my analysis.    The management of the OC never said that the reception door was going to remain open all night, but IMO Kate thought it would be open at all times.

To me that is what caught them out. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2019, 01:58:34 PM »
She got to the secondary reception and she found the door there shut and she couldn't get in to the Tapas area.
She was picked up from the car park opposite the door.  That is my analysis.    The management of the OC never said that the reception door was going to remain open all night, but IMO Kate thought it would be open at all times.

To me that is what caught them out.

So you have a person of evil intent just hanging about the reception area at just the right time, even though it was reportedly quiet with no one in the street, other than various Tapas group members dashing back and forth along that street.
Does that really work ? Would Madeleine have wandered barefoot down the street and without her comfort toy Cuddlecat?
Sounds unlikely to me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 02:09:06 PM by jassi »

Or maybe not -

Offline The General

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2019, 02:09:24 PM »
In both of these scenarios there is no parental involvement!
Apart from leaving her to either of those fates.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2019, 03:28:07 PM »

@ Erngath ... you have the patience of a saint.

As far as I can see boredom seems to have erupted a bit earlier in the thread than usual ... we didn't even get close to the end of page one before the vitriol was being poured and pored over Madeleine's parents ... with a little flavour of usual denials just to add spice.

May I recommend that members refer to the opening post and consider posting on that theme.  If you have nothing on topic to add ... then please seek out the appropriate thread and post there.

At least Shining went to the trouble of attempting to bring a novel idea to the forum for discussion ... please desist insulting him by ignoring it entirely in pursuit of whatever it is you are intent on pursuing ... which I think is disrespectful to say the least.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2019, 03:51:36 PM »

Murat and the mccanns were suspects.... How does your suspect logic explain that

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2019, 04:03:43 PM »

I believe the reference to suspect is in respect of the child's disappearance.  I agree though that without a defined crime there cannot be a suspect in that respect.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!