Author Topic: Is there a plausible, logical theory of abduction?  (Read 101634 times)

Alfie

Re: Is there a plausible, logical theory of abduction?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 03:30:11 PM »
You seemed to start the original thread and put forward the scenario???
I used your words though, I wouldn't have thought you'd have minded seeing as how you're keen on using my words as your own?  At least I credited you (twice).

Alfie

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 03:31:32 PM »
It's all pretty tight time wise, though. You've got Matt & Russell in transit after 9.30 then Matt coming back & going into 5A, Then shortly after that Jane leaps up and goes to her apartment and then Russell leaves to return to Tapas.
So time opportunity shrinks somewhat from 30 minutes for abductorman to carry out his dastardly task.

Then, of course, there might be other non-Tapas holiday makers passing by.
You do know that the Met identified a window of opportunity for an abductor to remove Madeleine from the apartment don't you?

Offline jassi

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2017, 03:34:04 PM »
Yes, did they specifically state what it was   - i.e. between X & Y times ?

I'm suggesting that the time window is smaller than your 30 minutes, possibly nearer 15
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:22:42 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Benice

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2017, 03:41:07 PM »
Sorry, but the correct term is 'the door to the apartment was said to be unlocked'. But not all the time by everyone;

In this way, at about 21.05 the witness came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked,.........At about 22.00 it was his wife Kate who went to check on the children. She entered the apartment by the door using the key
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN.htm

Gerry corrected that statement.      We were never given his reason for doing that and IMO it was a misunderstanding between him, and/or the interpretor and/or the PJ officer taking down his statement  during the very first interview - which was  'new territory'  for everyone concerned and therefore understandably more open to error than in following interviews.

It is mentioned on more than one occasion that there was confusion in the beginning about the doors because some people described the patio door as the front door and some described the recessed door facing the carpark as the front door.

AIMHO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2017, 04:17:34 PM »
It isn't possible to prove that the patio door was unlocked, therefore it can't be said to be a known fact.
I'm sure it is stated the patio door is only lockable from the inside, so there is no way a key is used to unlock it from the outside, therefore it was left unlocked.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2017, 04:21:23 PM »
Gerry corrected that statement.      We were never given his reason for doing that and IMO it was a misunderstanding between him, and/or the interpretor and/or the PJ officer taking down his statement  during the very first interview - which was  'new territory'  for everyone concerned and therefore understandably more open to error than in following interviews.

It is mentioned on more than one occasion that there was confusion in the beginning about the doors because some people described the patio door as the front door and some described the recessed door facing the carpark as the front door.

AIMHO

He did correct it, but it wasn't a misunderstanding because he admits in his second statement that he did indeed say that in his first statement; ''Despite what he said in his previous statements'' (10th May)

As he never mentioned front or back doors that isn't relevant, he just mentioned a 'key' and only one door had a key.

So he changed his account of how he entered the apartment at 9.05 pm.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 04:27:33 PM »
I'm sure it is stated the patio door is only lockable from the inside, so there is no way a key is used to unlock it from the outside, therefore it was left unlocked.

If it was unlocked why did Gerry walk past the gate, up around the corner, along the passageway and unlock the main door with his key to get in?

In this way, at about 21.05 the witness came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked, [4th May]
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2017, 04:35:16 PM »
How does Matt say he gained entrance ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2017, 04:49:44 PM »
How does Matt say he gained entrance ?
From the place where he left Russell he had to go around the building to get into the McCanns.  So that means the patio door.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Benice

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2017, 04:53:44 PM »
He did correct it, but it wasn't a misunderstanding because he admits in his second statement that he did indeed say that in his first statement; ''Despite what he said in his previous statements'' (10th May)

As he never mentioned front or back doors that isn't relevant, he just mentioned a 'key' and only one door had a key.

So he changed his account of how he entered the apartment at 9.05 pm.

I disagree as there is no credible reason why Gerry should claim that he walked all the way round to the front door, in the full knowledge  that the patio door that was just a few feet away from him was open  (and he needed the loo).

That simply makes no sense.   But it does make sense that in that first interview when Gerry was hardly at his best and the PJ officer was not familiar with the layout of 5A that a mix-up occurred over which door Gerry meant.  We know there was a misunderstanding about the doors because the UK police officer mentioned it to JT  and suggested that to avoid a repetition of that error - the patio door should be referred to as the 'poolside' door and the other door as the 'roadside' door.

If the reason Gerry gave for correcting his statement had been of any importance or significance then IMO that reason would have been recorded in his statement.

Unless you can say what Gerry had to gain by deliberately lying about which door he used - them IMO it's obvious it was just a misunderstanding - due to the circumstances at the time. 

AIMHO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2017, 04:56:45 PM »
I disagree as there is no credible reason why Gerry should claim that he walked all the way round to the front door, in the full knowledge  that the patio door that was just a few feet away from him was open  (and he needed the loo).

That simply makes no sense.   But it does make sense that in that first interview when Gerry was hardly at his best and the PJ officer was not familiar with the layout of 5A that a mix-up occurred over which door Gerry meant.  We know there was a misunderstanding about the doors because the UK police officer mentioned it to JT  and suggested that to avoid a repetition of that error - the patio door should be referred to as the 'poolside' door and the other door as the 'roadside' door.

If the reason Gerry gave for correcting his statement had been of any importance or significance then IMO that reason would have been recorded in his statement.

Unless you can say what Gerry had to gain by deliberately lying about which door he used - them IMO it's obvious it was just a misunderstanding - due to the circumstances at the time. 

AIMHO

There is no reason for Gerry to have lied about which door he used.

Offline jassi

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2017, 04:58:17 PM »
See my reply #32 above.  Either he is telling the truth and the patio door was unlocked, or he lied as part of some (highly implausible) cover-up - you choose!

No, I've no problem with that, thank you  8((()*/

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2017, 05:02:45 PM »
No, I've no problem with that, thank you  8((()*/
I have for when he offered to do the check on the McCanns kids he should have asked for the key, but he didn't, so that implies somehow he knew the patio door was unlocked without being told.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:11:27 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Benice

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2017, 05:03:13 PM »

AIMHO means  'All in my honest opinion'  AFAIAC.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:54:21 PM by ShiningInLuz »

Offline jassi

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2017, 05:04:49 PM »
I have for when he offered to do the check on the McCanns kids he should have asked for the key, but he didn't, so that he implies somehow he knew the patio door was unlocked without being told.

No mention of any in this in his interview of the 4th , just that he entered the apartment.

Or maybe not -