Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239507 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #270 on: April 04, 2019, 10:21:43 PM »
What about the case gets solved, you forgot that didn't you? Or is that a sign of your confidence in
Operation Catch That Abductor is severely lacking?
I honestly don’t believe that the case being solved will silence the sceptics, whatever the outcome.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #271 on: April 04, 2019, 10:33:11 PM »
Does it trouble you that people debate an unsolved case of public interest? Don't you think in a missing person case, there is no such thing as bad publicity? For the missing person's benefit I mean.

Do you think Madeleine is a missing person?
I thought you believed she was the victim of her parents involvement in whatever you believe their involvement with is?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #272 on: April 04, 2019, 10:36:14 PM »
It's not about opinion.
It's about why sceptics continue to cling to their beliefs in spite of two current police Investigations which have as yet not found any of the sceptic "evidence" convincing and why sceptics steadfastly cling to their beliefs??

It seems to me it's about your opinion that you know what these investigations are doing. Now that's what I call a belief.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #273 on: April 04, 2019, 10:41:06 PM »
Is that a reference to both the current police Investigations?

Were you referring to both? Then so was my reply.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #274 on: April 04, 2019, 10:46:53 PM »
Does it trouble you that people debate an unsolved case of public interest? Don't you think in a missing person case, there is no such thing as bad publicity? For the missing person's benefit I mean.
I’m not troubled at all.  As for your second question, if the bad publicity or propaganda if you prefer convinces most people that the missing person is dead and was buried by their own parents I don’t really see that as good publicity tbh.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #275 on: April 04, 2019, 10:47:04 PM »
It seems to me it's about your opinion that you know what these investigations are doing. Now that's what I call a belief.

Not at all.
It's been a lengthy investigation.
I've no opinion at at all about where the investigation will end.
Just to reiterate that as to today  there is no indication that Madeleine's parents are involved in her disappearance..
Its not difficult to believe that both investigating police forces have as yet  not found any indication that Madeleine's parents are suspects.

That's  just a belief in innocence until proved otherwise.
Not quite the belief sceptics have.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #276 on: April 04, 2019, 11:07:35 PM »
But don't you think the bad publicity for the McCanns is actually good publicity for their missing child, IF she is still alive. Can you think of any other missing child who has ever achieved the level of publicity Madeleine's face has? Don't you think Amaral's book and their court case has been a tremendous success in terms of achieving publicity for the missing child?  No one was physically searching for her when the case was closed anyway. SY's search consited of cadaver dogs and shovels.

But you don't believe she is missing?
Do you?
You believe her parents are complicit in her disappearance?
Or have I interpreted your posts wrongly?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #277 on: April 04, 2019, 11:14:38 PM »
But don't you think the bad publicity for the McCanns is actually good publicity for their missing child, IF she is still alive. Can you think of any other missing child who has ever achieved the level of publicity Madeleine's face has? Don't you think Amaral's book and their court case has been a tremendous success in terms of achieving publicity for the missing child?  No one was physically searching for her when the case was closed anyway. SY's search consited of cadaver dogs and shovels.
Well if your child was missing and she was world famous as the child that some not—very-bright ex cop had promoted as dead and hidden by your own hand would you consider that helpful for finding her?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #278 on: April 04, 2019, 11:15:28 PM »
Not at all.
It's been a lengthy investigation.
I've no opinion at at all about where the investigation will end.
Just to reiterate that as to today  there is no indication that Madeleine's parents are involved in her disappearance..
Its not difficult to believe that both investigating police forces have as yet  not found any indication that Madeleine's parents are suspects.

That's  just a belief in innocence until proved otherwise.
Not quite the belief sceptics have.

You believe there are no indications that the McCanns are involved. That's fine, but others disagree.

You also believe the police have found no such indications either. That you cannot know.

Do you know, some people are still accusing Amaral of being guilty despite Portugal's Supreme Court clearing him? I think that's far worse than me saying I'm not convinced by the McCanns, don't you?
Result = happy posting.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #279 on: April 04, 2019, 11:19:41 PM »
I've no idea.
Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Let me put it another way. If you say paid for the tiles on your roof to be changed and the roof tilers only changed half but told you they had changed them all. A few days later one of the tilers, ashamed by the job that was done, comes and tells you what happened. What would you do ?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 11:27:02 PM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #280 on: April 04, 2019, 11:25:00 PM »
You believe there are no indications that the McCanns are involved. That's fine, but others disagree.

You also believe the police have found no such indications either. That you cannot know.

Do you know, some people are still accusing Amaral of being guilty despite Portugal's Supreme Court clearing him? I think that's far worse than me saying I'm not convinced by the McCanns, don't you?

It's not not  just my belief that the McCann's are not suspects, it does seem so far that two investigating police forces have not found any evidence suggesting otherwise.

I'm unsure of why you felt the need to bring Amaral into our exchange of posts..
Guilty of what.
Perjury?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #281 on: April 04, 2019, 11:25:27 PM »
Well if your child was missing and she was world famous as the child that some not—very-bright ex cop had promoted as dead and hidden by your own hand would you consider that helpful for finding her?

No, and if a court said  ir wasn't proved that his actions had harned the seatch for her I would have appealed against that decision. It was ny main reason for suing him, after all.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #282 on: April 04, 2019, 11:32:13 PM »
No, and if a court said  ir wasn't proved that his actions had harned the seatch for her I would have appealed against that decision. It was ny main reason for suing him, after all.
???

Offline Brietta

« Reply #283 on: April 04, 2019, 11:33:25 PM »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #284 on: April 04, 2019, 11:36:42 PM »
Who has stopped looking and when did they stop looking as a result of this ex cops claims? Can you name one single person? Where were they searching exactly before he wrote his book that made them stop?
IMO he has given the missing child huge and continuing publicity. Dead or alive - it's made no difference.
LOL. Well if and when Madeleine turns up alive she will no doubt be forever in Amaral’s debt for his sterling efforts in trying to convince the world she is dead..